Forums Maintenance Period 12/9/2014

Discussion in 'Community News and Announcements' started by ZeldoKavira, Dec 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ZeldoKavira

Edit: The maintenance is over. Please report any bugs here.

Tomorrow on 12/9/2014 at 10:30 A.M. CST (4:30 P.M. GMT) the Bukkit forums will enter a maintenance period. This period is expected to last about one hour while we update the forums software to its latest version. CurseForge/BukkitDev will stay online during this maintenance period. Once the forums come back the BukkitDev linker will be partially missing, this will be fixed as soon as possible after the forum update goes live and we are able to find any issues that may arise from the update. After the forums update is finished we will create a thread to allow users to report any issues they may find with the update so that we can correct them.

Thanks,

Zeldo

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Update all the things!

3. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

ZeldoKavira Yay! I am very excited for this! Can't wait till I can see what the new forums look like...

4. Offline

Kaelten

They will look very similar to the existing forums... just newer... <_<

5. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

kk :'(

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2014
  6. Offline

Acharige

Will the user-bar still be in the same place? Assuming you're going to also update the style...which is located in a different place.

7. Offline

BMX_ATVMAN14

I'd be pretty surprised if you upgrade from this super old build to brand new with all new plugins in an hour.

Unless you have a test bench with the updated version running already..

8. Offline

Kane

Hey Hey! Don't forget about My site later ;)

Eathuis and Kaelten like this.
  9. Offline

Puremin0rez

Wow, can't believe the bukkit forums are going to FINALLY be updated.

I don't even know how staff functioned on here running such an old version of xenforo - so many things has been added/changed since 2011.

10. Offline

pookeythekid

BMX_ATVMAN14 Possibly. But he did say there may be a bunch of issues too.

Puremin0rez Wow, this version's that old? I can't wait to see what's changed in three years... xD

11. Offline

Kane

Yes, Their is a test build that is being tested. So everything has been tested though there could be some issues as not every feature or bug might be found during the normal usage during the testing.

12. Offline

jthort

Thanks for keeping us updated, glad you guys are putting work into the website.

13. Offline

XD 3VIL M0NKEY

Be warned, the new Flexile theme is slightly different to the current. There will be a lot of templates to change. @Admins

14. Online

XD 3VIL M0NKEY We ( admins and moderators ) have access to a test website. So that is mostly taken care of ;)

15. Offline

TheMeq

Yay! Shiny!

16. Offline

ZeldoKavira

All of the templates should be updated assuming there are no issues bringing everything over from our dev copy. Everything has been updated on the Bukkit theme so it should look exactly the same except with the new features and such added in.

17. Online

18. Offline

Plumeex

Finally, XenForo gets better everytime!

19. Offline

xTrollxDudex

Very nice! The code format is a little off IMHO, but otherwise, it looks like regular old Bukkit, but better :)

Jadedcat likes this.
  20. Offline

Toyz

It looks a bit sleeker and cleaner i like it :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.