[Formatted

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by MXCRAFTSERVER, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Offline

MXCRAFTSERVER

So you want to request a plugin. Great! Before you spend a lot of time on your post, please read through this topic. Here are the themes we'll be covering: Originality, Possibility, Congeniality and Understandability, Things not to do, and lastly An Example Post

Originality
    Before writing your request, you should search to see if it's been done before! Search BukkitDev (click Filter) for your idea.

Here are some plugin ideas that we frequently see which already have functional plugins:

Automatic Ranking - Password-based: MasterPromote. Timed: AutoRank.
    Seperate Worlds - MultiVerse or MyWorlds.
    Block Protection -WorldGuard, EpicZones and Residence.
    Skills/RPG leveling - McMMO or Skillz.
    Classes/Clans - Factions, Heroes or SimpleClans.
    Hunger Games - Too many to list. Do a search!
    Custom Commands - kTriggers or Commander
    Ban crafting of [Insert item here] - NoItem.
    Custom World Generation - TerrainControl.
    Custom Triggers and Scripts - VariableTriggers or Skript.

Attackers verse Defenders

Plugin category: FUN, PVP

Suggested name: Attackers vs defenders of AVSD

What I want: I reads below

Ideas for commands. /avsd join, let's u join the game
    /avsd class a1 chooses your class.

Ideas for permissions: avsd.play, let's u play
    avsd.leave let's u leave the game
    avsd.class.a1 attacker class 1
    avsd.class.a2 attacker class 2, etc etc.
    avsd.class.d1 defender class 1 etc.

When I'd like it by: will any1 make it?

The way the game is played.
    The map is not large, rather, its wide. Sort of a large rectangle. The attackers spawn on one side, the defenders spawn on the other. The defenders will have a castle, the attackers will have some small camps.

They can change classes while during the game by pressing signs that clear their inventory and replace it with items according to the class they chose. So basically, the attackers will raid the castle and the defenders prevent them.

Objective
    TL;DR
    Attackers have to get golden key then the golden crown. Defenders prevent them.

Full Explanation :
    Show Spoiler

Attackers
    The attackers will choose their class and begin raiding almost immediately. They will overcome obstacles as they ride along the terrain and finally reaching the castle. In the throne room, is what the attackers will want, a gold crown. Basically, they will enter the throne room, click a sign or anything cool, retrieve the crown and try to return it to their camp.

But, before reaching the throne room, they need the golden key. The golden key is found underground in a dungeon. Once they retrieve the golden key, by clicking a sign or anything same, the doors to the throne room are open to them! The golden key will forever be in their hands even if they die.

The attackers have an unlimited amount of lives and a time limit to complete their goal. A time limit of 10~20 minutes. The attackers lose if they have reached their time limit.

Defenders
    Guardians of the golden crown and the golden key, they will have to use everything they can to prevent the attackers from entering or rather, take the golden crown from the throne room. The Defenders' equipment kit are slightly better than the Attacker's equipment. The defenders can place barricade (fences) and have 2 stacks of them, placed in a chest to be used.

The Defenders have a limited amount of lives, 50, and will have to defend until the time runs out. Pretty simple.

Phases
    There are 2 phases and a tie-breaker round of the game.
    Team & Class Choosing
    Game Engage
    Tie Breaker

TL;DR
    20 players are required to start. They are randomized in 2 teams, then choose class. They play the game. When time runs out but the attackers are carrying the golden crown, tie breaker is engaged. If the attackers got the crown, attackers win. If they drop the crown, they lose. Simply saying, tie breaker is a sort of a 'final chance' game.

Full Explanation :
    When the players join the game, either when its waiting for players or already started, they will be brought to the team with lesser members or currently losing. As such, defender with very little lives, players newly joined will be brought defenders. Too less attackers, players newly joined will be attackers. When the game recently ended, the map resets to clear of barricades and will require at least 20 players to start again. 10 for each team to start. Classes are chosen during the game using signs or other methods. Their inventory will be cleared and a set of items according to the class chosen will be given.

Game Engage
    The game starts 30 seconds after 20 players are present. Whenever anyone leaves during this period, the game will pause. During this period, players may discuss in their team chat and choose classes. When game starts, players are able to leave their team spawn and engage in defending or attacking.

Players may leave the game via a sign present in each of their team's spawn. They can leave anytime during the game except for the first 2 minutes as soon as the game starts.

Tie Breaker
    Also known as, "OMG! TIE BREAKER! GUYS! DEFEND ME! I'M GOING TO TAKE THE CROWN BACK TO BASE!!!!". Tie breaker only occurs when the attackers are still holding the crown when the time runs out. During this period, when the crown bearer dies and dropped the crown, the defenders immediately wins. When the attackers reach their camps with the crown, the attackers immediately wins.

Tie breaker does not trigger if the attackers hasn't got hold of the golden key yet.

Classes and Equipments
    Attacker Classes and Equipments
    10 classes with customisable items in config

Defender Classes and Equipments
    10 classes with customisable items in config

Golden Crown's Perks
    Whenever any attacker has obtained the golden crown, he will be stripped off all his armors and obtain a permanent golden crown on his head. He will have no weapons too. While wearing the golden crown, attackers in a range of 3 blocks from the crown bearer will receive buff : Strength I, Resistance I.

The Crown Bearer will experience a debuff : Slowness I, when wearing the crown. During Tie Breaker, all these buffs and debuffs in effect are increased by 1 tier in addition with this buff : Regeneration I.

Donator Perks in-game
    As of now, there is no extra benefits for being a donator while playing in this game as there may be experiences of unfairness if extra items are given.

Regions
    Defender Region, Neutral Region and Attack Region
    The map is divided to 3 sections, defender region obviously on the defender side, attacker region on the attack side and neutral region on the middle. The neutral region covers 60% of the map. Defender region covers 10% of the map, enough to cover the whole castle and some surrounding area. The Attacker region takes the last 30%, extending a bit outwards from their spawn.

When in attacker region, attackers will have 10% more damage and 10% more armor.
    When in defender region, defenders will have 30% more armor.
    When in neutral region, no changes take place.

Rewards
    For the winning team, they receive :
    Cash : in config
    Xp in config

For the losing team, they receive, as for participation :
    Cash : in config
    Xp in config

These rewards are only given to players that stay within the game for 8 minutes and experience victory or loss at the end. Players that joined in the last 8 minutes, which means they won't meet the requirements, will only receive half of the price, or perhaps only a quarter if they joined when it was already the game's deciding moment. Players will not receive rewards if they participate in a time under 2 minutes.

Ermm.. I could go afk..?
    Obviously, no. It's impossible to be afk in this game. When you have been inactive for 30 seconds, you will be kicked from the game. By inactive, as in, no effort to move, attack or win the game. At a 2 second timer, you must at least move 3 blocks, if not, the 'inactive timer' will start ticking from 30 seconds.

Support this!
    If you like my idea, feel free to comment on it to show support. Or share the word. Other than that, maybe you can tell me what to adjust on my idea or any things you feel wrong.

Feel free to give suggestions for the perks for donator. The suggestions must have no relation to increasing the power of the crown bearing's buff and of course, no overpowered flying perks. It must also have no major change within the items given for classes.

Thanks for reading~

2. Offline

Cammy_the_block

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  3. Offline

MXCRAFTSERVER

Ok the key could be a golden shovel, and I really want the key and tiebreaker stuff, anyone willing to make?

4. Offline

brinaq

A potato could be a key. Yes, yes, I believe a potato would do well..... as a key.

Presuming this is made, would you be willing to share with other servers? If not that's fine. It'd be like creating your own competition.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

5. Offline

Cammy_the_block

I might make it. It'd take a lot of questions, bug squashing, and more. If I did do you have a server I could use to test it? I would love to share it if I made it.

OMG i just realized that brinaq didn't post this lol

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. Offline

brinaq

Lol sorry for confusion

7. Offline

Cammy_the_block

np but do you mind if I ask you ideas about the plugin?

8. Offline

MXCRAFTSERVER

Cammy_the_block could u still make it? Yes I do have test servers and ideas if u or any1 else will give it a try

9. Offline

brinaq

[​IMG]
    Sorry it's late and I'm not that good at... understanding... :p. Nah, its just late.
    2:12am

10. Offline

Cammy_the_block

I could try I'm a novice at most. Do you want it to be auto reseting? Also do you want the plugin to build the structures or the player?

11. Offline

MXCRAFTSERVER

Well I will have a pre built map and could u add /region define neutral /region define attackers and /region define defense also could you have a MSG saying "you have entered neutral", etc.?

12. Offline

Cammy_the_block

Sorry now that I think about it this seems a little to hard for me atm.

13. Offline

MXCRAFTSERVER

Its fine, its a big job, any1 else up for it?