[FORMATTED] Wireless Redstone - Update/Rewrite

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Snipes01, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Offline

Snipes01

Plugin category: Mech

Suggested name: Wireless Redstone

What I want:
    A plugin that allows for simple wireless redstone, but still requires you to place redstone and does not need a redstone "clock" to keep it active.

There are a few plugins out there for having "semi" wireless redstone, but nothing simple with just a sign. If I have missed something please let me know.

I talked with the last developer that updated Wireless Redstone and they are fine with having someone else take it over.

I think all you need can be found somewhere in the links below:
    https://github.com/licks92/WirelessRedstone
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/me...-rid-of-those-wires-bukkitdev-1-2-5-r1.66887/
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/me...e-long-redstone-wires-go-wireless-1000.19140/

Ideas for commands:
    /wrt <channelname> - Create a transmitter where you're standing.
    /wrr <channelname> - Create a receiver where you're standing.
    /wri <channelname> - Shows information about a Channel (Is activated or not).
    /wrlist [page] - Shows a list of Wireless Channels.
    /wrc - Commands to change a Wireless Channel :
    /wrc <channelname> addowner <username> - Adds a owner to the given channel, Only if you are the owner of that channel.
    /wrc <channelname> removeowner <username> - Removes a owner from the given channel, Only when you are a owner to.
    /wrremove <channelname> - Deletes whole channel from config and delete all signs within the channel.
    /wrhelp [pagenumber] - Shows help page with commands!

maybe...

/wrremove <radius> allowed to remove signs within a certain radius (maybe a max of 20 blocks)

Ideas for permissions:
    These are almost exactly like the original plugin.

wirelessredstone.wrsign - Allows user/group to create signs manually.
    wirelessredstone.wrr - Allows user/group to use /WRr command
    wirelessredstone.wrt - Allow user/group to use /WRt command
    wirelessredstone.wrc - Allow user/group to use /WRc command
    wirelessredstone.wri - Allow user/group to use /WRi command
    wirelessredstone.wrlist - Allow user/group to use /WRList command
    wirelessredstone.wrhelp - Allow user/group to use /WRhelp command
    wirelessredstone.wrremove - Allow user/group to use /WRremove command

When I'd like it by: When possible there is no rush.

2. Offline

Omnitv

I dont see the point when the plugin is already updated to 1.2.5 R3 should work for R4, you can create a ticket for a new feature for the plugin.

3. Offline

Snipes01

For most part I does seem to work, but with issues (https://github.com/licks92/WirelessRedstone/issues). Not completely working with all the permissions systems. Last update was R2. I think it could use a once over. The developer on this plugin doesn't have time to update/maintain the plugin and told me the he/she would mind if someone took over.

I saw not point in posting asking for a feature and waiting months without have changes. It might not even need any major changes.

If anyone wants it then that would be great and If try and use as is.

4. Offline

lol768

I'm currently working on a plugin that would be able to accomplish (at least the simplest part) of this. Although the plugin is not specifically for Wireless Redstone, I'm working on adding a few features to it that would enable this behavior.

If I have the time I can think about taking a look at this perhaps.

5. Offline

Snipes01

Okay thanks for replying. I do know of other plugins the have similar features, but I just thought having a simple plugin so people don't have to install these massive plugins with things they don't want.

I'd be interested in see what you have come up with.

6. Offline

lol768

Essentially it's a toggleBlock based thing -- you can define block regions and toggle them on/off. I've just added a feature where you can make a sign, that when powered activates a specified region. You could place a redstone torch in a region and then make a linked sign from anywhere, making it wirelessly powered. The plugin is also useful for dams, bridges and other structures.

I realise it doesn't fit all of your needs, but I grew fed up with the buggy nature of WirelessRedstone and made this to help fill in some of the gap. I'm just polishing a few features and then I can update the project with the above functionality (it works fine now).

7. Offline

Snipes01

Wow great. Thanks for taking it on. The original still basically works, giving it a once over isn't a bad thing.