Forced chunk load

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by LoadUpMC, Feb 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plugin category: Map Generation

Minecraft version: Minecraft 1.10+

Suggested name: Chunke

What I want:
    I would like a command or an option to force load chunks around the player with a command. For example doing /forcechunkload 12 will load 12 chunks around the player.

Ideas for commands: /forcechunkload [number]

Ideas for permissions: player.forceload (Set this if you want the player to be able to use this)

When I'd like it by: By the next 3 weeks

2. Offline

Teh_Matt_GR

This cannot be a plugin! This is from the player settings and the player's ping/fps

3. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Teh_Matt_GR We can load the chunks though, doesn't mean that they need to be send to the player.

4. but im pretty sure its possible for example its as simple as quickly teleporting the player in the center of each chunk and then back and before you know it all the chunks are loaded

plus it can teleport the player to the center of the chunk they are standing in so its more precise

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2018
  5. Offline

Dai_Kunai

I'll do this but only in the way where it quickly teleports a player to a position and the chunks load, then teleports them back. You mean 12 chunks radius, correct?

EDIT: Though doesn't that matter on the player's settings (Render Distance in video settings in options in normal Minecraft)?

6. like make it soo the ppl can choose how many chunks
    for example /forcechunkload 100 or /forcechunkload 20
    it doesnt have to be a specific number

and yes the way you said you will do it im pretty should work

yeah i mean the render distance doesnt matter as long as those chunks were loaded

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2018
  7. So any progress?

8. Offline

Dai_Kunai

I'm going to send this to you, and go ahead and try to see if it works.

Permissions:
    forcechunkload.use

Commands:
    /fcl or /forcechunkload (radius) to forcefully load chunks around a player.

P.S. Bukkit/Spigot has a built-in method which allows you to load a chunk, but it doesn't actually show for the player
    This can also be used, but it won't show, so probably not.

LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvhtowy57cqz7uo/ForceChunkLoad.jar?dl=0
    It may do something weird. Tell me what it does and try punching blocks around and stuff. See what happens.

9. okay thanks ill tell you if anything is broken and etc

EDIT: Soo uhh its completely broken :/ when i type the command in nothing happens after like 10 minutes i get teleported and every block becomes invisible. Are you sure you made it for 1.10 and up?

EDIT2: So i got it to teleport me but when it does once again everything becomes invisible and i get an internal error. Plus it cant load more than 5 chunks cause it times me out

EDIT3:Also what is that bukkit/Spigot command you were talking about?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  10. Offline

Dai_Kunai

Okay. First of all, it works with 1.10.2 for sure and that's all I tested. Maybe I should delay the teleports a second so it will actually load. It tp's instantly. Don't worry about the bukkit/spigot thing; it's already being used, but it doesn't make the chunks actually show, just shows up for the server.

11. but it gives me internal errors though also i need it for 1.10 + not 1.10.2+

12. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.