Force-loading a certain biome

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by np98765, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

np98765

Hi there,

I'm in need of some help. I want to load a desert.

I've generated a new world, and I've been /tppos'ing around in hopes of finding a desert biome. So far, I keep finding taigas. It's getting quite frustrating.

I was wondering if there was a certain method that I could use to force-load a desert. I don't want to change the seed to an all-desert world, because then the areas that I didn't load may clash horribly with the desert.

Is there a certain plugin/other method for loading certain biomes? I don't want to change the seed/world generator, because then the surrounding areas may clash terribly. All my searches have been in vain. I'm starting to believe that this isn't possible, but I'm sincerely hoping that that is not true.

Thanks!

Although I just found a desert (took me well over an hour), I'm still curious.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2016
    hawkfalcon likes this.
  2. Offline

jacklin213

lol i know it is possible with a plugin. You could make it so you spawn in a desert or you could make a certain radius from where you spawn (have dirt replaced with sand)

3. Offline

np98765

But I don't want to manually create the biome. I need it to be natural... It's quite difficult and time-consuming to turn an ocean into a desert, and it certainly won't look as good.

hawkfalcon likes this.
  4. Offline

pilotdan1985

They are easy to find with dynamicmap. Once you find one change your spawn to there.

Another option you have, although its more work and pointless in my opinion is to find a desert, world edit copy / paste it where you want it. Then change the biome type with world edit.

I doubt you will find a plugin to do this.

5. Offline

jacklin213

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.