Food cooldowns

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by m5k, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Offline

m5k

Our PvP server is plagued by people spamming food items in fights. Would be nice to have a plugin that puts a configurable cooldown on food items, so people can only eat once or twice in a fight unless they run for a long time. I was thinking a 40 second cooldown.

Bump.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  2. Offline

Specops343

@m5k I like the idea, it kinda fits into my goals for my pvp server. I assume you would want a configurable food cooldown? Any other features you would like in it?

Also, any ideas for a name? ;)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
    m5k likes this.
  3. Offline

m5k

Oh great. Yea, configurable cooldown would be nice. Or perhaps even resetting the cooldown if you're hit by someone.
    I came up with: FoodTimers, FoodControl, FoodLimitations, FoodDelay. I like FoodControl the most though.

4. Offline

Uhehesh

Heh, and that plugin must enable cooldowns only when less than 30 seconds after last damage. :)

5. Offline

m5k

Yea, only cooldown after damage would be better as it wouldn't disrupt usual hp regenerating using many food items.

6. Offline

Specops343

I'll attempt to code that into intial release. Current name I'm going under is NomCooldown, but that's subject to change ;)

7. Offline

m5k

lol NomCooldown. Great name, great plugin, probably wanted by many a long time ago. People just didn't know what was wrong with PvP.

8. Offline

MetalMadness

This would be awesome. Features should be
    What it needs:
    Customized cooldown
    Permissions support
    When trying to use food, there will be a message "You have to wait x seconds to heal again!"
    What it would could have (not needed, but nice to have :p)
    Possible permission timed cooldown? (ie admin 10 seconds, mods 20) but dont struggle on this one
    Custom messages for cooldown

9. Offline

Specops343

What it needs:
    Customized cooldown-yes.
    Permissions support-eh, sure.
    When trying to use food, there will be a message "You have to wait x seconds to heal again!"-yes.
    What it would could have (not needed, but nice to have :p)
    Possible permission timed cooldown? (ie admin 10 seconds, mods 20) but dont struggle on this one-Proly not going to happen, not sure how i'd do it.
    Custom messages for cooldown-Proly not on intial release, but ill put it in the To-Do.

10. Offline

MetalMadness

Sounds good :)

11. Offline

m5k

So, how's it going with the plugin?

12. Offline

Specops343

I'm about half-ways done. I'm kinda hoping I can finish it up 2morro, as I am going on vacation shortly. Little stuck on the timer bit. That and my own server is in transition to a new hoster >.>

13. Offline

Jaker232

Offtopic:
    Vacation? Which one?
    I'm also going to Summer School to keep my education at 90%+ grades in a few days (Thursday).

Ontopic:
    I personally like the idea, FoodDelay is the best in my opinion.

14. Offline

m5k

So is this dead?

15. Offline

Specops343

Nope, just got back. Working on it ;)

16. Offline

m5k

Great. My players are whining more than usual about PvP :D

17. Offline

m5k

So uh, did you quit?

18. Offline

cholo71796

19. Offline

Specops343

I apologize @m5k , I have had a very busy irl life lately. That and getting my server up and running. I'll try to throw some more time into this this weekend.

20. Offline

DrBowe

I really like this idea, but I'm loaded down with ZombieCraft. Once I push that out into a released state, and if I get @Specops343 's permission, I'd be happy to take this on.

The reason I'd need permission, is that I don't know how far he's come, and I don't want to swoop in and take away any potential glory (so to speak)

21. Offline

Specops343

Lol Dr., this is what I was asking about hashmaps for. But sure, once your done with Zombie, check with me. I might not be any farther :/

22. Offline

DrBowe

@Specops343
    Oh, I didn't realize you were having issues with HashMaps. PM me, as I used to have a lot of trouble with them as well. Hopefully I can help you out :D