Flowering

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Tomatoblaster, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Tomatoblaster

Minecraft version: 1.12.2

Suggested name: Flowering

What I want: I'd like a plugin which allows a user to do a command which plants flowers in a certain radius (square preferably) I would like it to be completely random with which flowers spawn (I don't want tallgrass to be considered a flower); if you could make the percentages configurable that would be even better. All the flowers that spawn can only be on the same level that the player did the command on, and only spawn the flowers on grass.

If it is easier to make the radius a circle then that's fine.

Ideas for commands:

/flowering <radius>
    /flowering reload #to update percentages maybe

Ideas for permissions:
    flowering.use #to allow a person to use the command
    flowering.use.limit.<number> #the max radius a certain person can flower

When I'd like it by: I'm in no rush so anytime really but preferably in the next week or so.

Thanks!

2. Offline

CraftCreeper6

@Tomatoblaster
    I've done this. Here.
    I would suggest you read the following after installing the plugin:

Configuration (open)
    The format of the config is as follows:
    Code:
    flowers:
        list:
            37#0: 1
            38#0: 1
            38#1: 1
            38#2: 1
            38#3: 1
            38#4: 1
            38#5: 1
            38#6: 1
            38#7: 1
            38#8: 1
            175#9: 1
            175#10: 1
            175#3: 1
            175#12: 1
            175#13: 1
    This works on Item ID's; (To any developers reading, I understand that they are deprecated but flowers in 1.12.2 don't have a unique Material Enum; this was the only way I found for it to work)I couldn't find any documentation for this version that supported the new flower types, and hence the item ID's.

The format of the list is:

Item ID#Item Data: Chance that it will spawn (whole number, I.E: No decimals)

The configuration file should automatically generate when you first run the plugin; but you will have to add your own values.

Only items that are in the flowers list will be spawned, you can also add AIR to the list, (item ID of 0) to allow for gaps between flowers.

Two tall flowers are half supported, as in they will spawn only half of their usual height, and sunflowers don't work at all as I could not find a way to fix them.

Commands + Permissions (open)

Player must have flowering.use to use any command listed
    [​IMG]
    (https://imgur.com/a/IsqyxVk)

I would maybe suggest you don't have a radius greater than 500, it causes quite an amount of lag.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  3. Offline

Tomatoblaster

4. Offline

CraftCreeper6

@Tomatoblaster
    Could you paste your Flowers.yml file

(Doesn't do the same for me, so I'm guessing this is the only thing that could be wrong)

EDIT: Think I figured out what the issue was, I forgot to add a check, my bad. Here is the update.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  5. Offline

Tomatoblaster

@CraftCreeper6 It finally works! Only problem is the flowering reload command not working, but other than that everything works fine.

CraftCreeper6 likes this.
  6. Offline

CraftCreeper6

@Tomatoblaster
    You have to reload the server before the flowering reload works, it's some weird feature of bukkit configs, I couldn't get it to work for whatever reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.