Flint and Steel Problem

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Skify, Feb 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Skify

Hello, I have this code where it's suppose to only be able to use a flint and steel 3 times. But after the 3rd time, the player still has the item, when they place it, it just disappears. I need help with making it only 3 time use and would be gone from the player's hand. I think that was wrong English. :)
    http://pastebin.com/tbwaR0Fb

2. Offline

MaTaMoR_

You can try storing the an Integer using Reflections, then just check the Integer.

3. Offline

Rndom293

You could make it so that the durability goes down a certain amount after every use, and on the final use, you get their inventory and take away the flint and steel.

4. Offline

Skify

So every use, subtract 21.3 of durability if I wanted as 3 charges? Since I believe fns durability starts from 64.

5. Offline

Xerox262

@Skify Or just listen for a player interact event, wait does it trigger block place event? Then remove the flint and steel if the durability is lower than 62

6. Offline

DarkestCodes

One way you could do it is storing a HashMap with all the uses of flint and steel, and prevent usage of it after the value of the key (the player UUID, name, or object) is over 3.

7. Offline

Rndom293

Essentially, yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.