Fixing Duplication Issues

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by roracle, Jul 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

roracle

Plugin category: Admin

Minecraft version: 1.10.2 (Spigot)

Suggested name: BugOff

What I want: A plugin that can be expanded, but has various fixes for common problems encountered by servers.

Some fixes are plugin specific, others are bugs inside Minecraft itself. I would expect other input on this, because it would be nice to have a modern plugin that tries to fix various bug problems.
    1. Rail placement: choose what blocks rails cannot be placed on (slime, pumpkin dupe fix)
    2. Piston Pushing: choose what blocks pistons aren't allowed to push (mcmmo ore dupe fix)
    3. Bushes: check if a leaf block is on dirt and don't let it auto-decay
    4. Other suggestions? Things I don't know?
    It would be nice to have those particulars fixed to start with, but should be expanded on in the future. :) I'm sure the rail and piston one wouldn't be too difficult, not sure about ghost blocks though.

The rail fix is for an internal bug in Minecraft. The piston fix is for a bug that pops up in mcMMO. The bush fix would help with the problem in Exotic Garden where berry bushes just start decaying, causes lag for all the berries that can pop out from this.

The config could be something like:
    railblocks: enabled
    #blacklist or whitelist?
    blacklist: true
    blocks:
    #list which blocks rails cannot be placed on
    - slimeblock
    - pumpkin​
    pistonblocks: enabled
    blacklist: true
    blocks:
    - emeraldore
    - ironore
    - coalore
    - diamondore
    - goldore
    - lapisore
    - redstoneore​
    bushblocks: enabled
    blacklist: false
    #blocks allowed to have non decaying bushes
    blocks:
    - grass
    - dirt​

But for real, if anyone has other suggestions that would be nice to hear about!

Ideas for commands: Just ones as needed in expanding the plugin. I'm sure there can be some commands at some point that would be useful, but it should be easy to just config in the YML and a /reload at the very least.

Ideas for permissions: player.bypass.* where * is whatever mechanic a player is allowed to bypass

When I'd like it by: Eh? Oh, umm, any day now?

EDIT: Took out ghost block fix info because it's not likely possible.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  2. @roracle
    On the Ghost blocks, these are client side only, hence why they're called Ghost blocks. Which means that the server can't check for them, because the server sees the correct block, it's just the client who has desynced and sees an incorrect block.

The other suggestions you had are defiantly possible.

3. Offline

roracle

@AlvinB
    Yeah I figured that about the GhostBlocks. lol Oh well, but yeah the other things would be friggin amazing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.