Fix citizens 1 plugin plz

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by jazzman170, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Offline

jazzman170

Can somebody please fix the citizens 1 plugin to work with latest dev build? I would greatly appreciate it! I dont think citizens 1 is updated by the makers anymore :(

http://ci.citizensnpcs.com/job/Citizens/

As compinsation i would gladly give the person who fixes it a free $10.00 rank on my server at:
    http://www.drunkencraft.org

or something else from our web shop if wanted. I really need this plugin for my quests and questing ranks! I do not want or need citizens2, its far too annoying to set things up with that plugin so i still use citizens 1 which is super easy.

2. Offline

LaxWasHere

Citizens 2 were made to replace citizens 1, why would you like the old version? Also, monetary offer is not allowed in this forum.

3. Offline

jazzman170

im not offering them cash, im offering them a donator rank which doesnt cost me a thing but a rank on my server. Also i stated in that first post why i chose citizens 1 over citizens 2.

4. Offline

frash23

Isn't requesting updates against the rules?

5. Offline

jazzman170

i dont see why it would when citizens 1 is abandoned. All focus is on citizens 2 now.

6. Offline

frash23

Dude, modifiying is against the rules too. If this post should be "legal", you would be requesting the whole plugin wrewritten!

7. Offline

jazzman170

i dont want it rewritten, i simply want it so it works with latest dev build. Citizens 1 is open source is it not? Meaning its safe to do so.

8. Offline

frash23

I can't even find the old version, but if it is open source, it is possible.
    Sorry, didn't think of that

9. Offline

jazzman170

i posted the link to it at the very top on my first message ^_^

https://github.com/CitizensDev/Citizens

Source is there i think?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  10. Offline

frash23

I am not a coder, i was just checking out some random posts.
    I still do not see your reason for this, since, AFAIK, the citizens 2 plugin is pretty much the same as first.

11. Offline

jazzman170

nope the citizens 2 is not prety much the same, if it were i would use it. I will agree that citizens 2 is better and has more features, but citizens 1 is a compeltely different configuration setup which is much easier to understand versus citizens 2, hence my reason for staying with citizens 1.

12. Offline

frash23

Why not ask for help with the second version? That would be a lot quicker :)

13. Offline

jazzman170

lol well if in the end i cant get someone to update this, i have no choice but to force myself to learn the new questing system for citizens 2. Hopefully i can find someone tho :p

14. Offline

Nickbbeezy

Citizens 2 doesn't have quest anymore. You'd have to use an external plugin like quester which is a lot better since it has a lot more options than Citizens 1 quest did.

15. Offline

jazzman170

quester is no longer supported by citizens 2, neither is citizens 1, thats why im in this predicament :( If quest still worked with citizens 2, i would be set!

Would it be possible to have someone update quester to work with citizens 2? That may actualy be easier.

16. Offline

Lolmewn

Just make some effort and use Citizens 2...

17. Offline

jazzman170

citizens 2 isnt the problem, i can EASILY use that. Its the questing part thats the problem. They abandoned quester. And only minequest (which is too hard to understand) and some other questing one which is super advanced and mega hard to get the hang of.

If quester was updated for citizens 2, i would be set!

18. Offline

Zoroark173

19. Offline

jazzman170

that seems much easier to understand and use, tyvm :D I'll have to see if im able to convert my current quests from citizens quester, to these.