Filled FishingMessages

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by madtomic, May 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

madtomic

Minecraft version: 1.12.2

Suggested name: FishingMessages

What I want: I like to request a simple plugin that would send player chat messages of what they catch from fishing.

If any messages is set to "" - no message would be send.

config.yml
    fishMsg: "&2You caught a &e{fishitem}"
    fishExpMsg: "&eYou gained {exp} experiences"

Requirement: it had to match what is actually caught, it cannot be different.

Thank you for reading.

2. Offline

Tango_

@madtomic I'll do this for you, won't take me long
    EDIT: Here try this: DOWNLOAD

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  3. Offline

madtomic

@Tango_

Thank you so much for doing this!

For some odd reason, all items are showing up as raw fish. fish or treasures. Can you please look into this.

Also, some weird behavior is happening. Like sometimes, I get a stick and it was a raw fish caught.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  4. Offline

Tango_

No problem, after further testing I did notice that the item names were not matching. You requested to add support for the LangUtils API so I have put that in for you, make sure you have it in your plugin folder. It is added as a soft-depend so it will work with or without. The updated version can be downloaded HERE

5. Offline

madtomic

@Tango_

The updated version is good to go! Thanks for adding the language support and fixing the bugs.

6. Offline

madtomic

@Tango_

Could you add a new message to send when player catches air.

nofishMsg: “&cYour catch got away.”

This would replace fishMsg.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  7. Offline

Tango_

It was a bit harder than just checking if they caught air, because everytime they pulled the hook from the water it would say the "Your catch got away" message. Instead after 2.5 seconds from getting a bite, it checks if it was successful or not, then sends the message. You can download it HERE, be sure to regenerate a new config.

8. Offline

madtomic

@Tango_

Your catch got away works great! Thank you for adding that. I did find another issue in this build.

fishExpMsg is being fired regardless if the exp orb was dropped. I have another plug that disable exp orb from fishing and this plugin is still triggering the message. I don't know if you can fix this issue or I should simply set the fishExpMsg message to null to disable fishExpMsg?

9. Offline

Tango_

I think I fixed it, let me know if THIS works.

10. Offline

madtomic

@Tango_

Thank you for fixing it. :)

11. Offline

madtomic

12. Offline

KarimAKL

@madtomic "Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_12_R1.entity.CraftHorse cannot be cast to org.bukkit.entity.Item"
    Did you reel in a horse? :7

madtomic and Tango_ like this.
  13. Offline

Tango_

Oops, looks like I forgot to add a check for living entities. New version HERE.

madtomic likes this.
  14. Offline

madtomic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.