Fireworks

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by CactusComboPvP, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CactusComboPvP

Hello, I am coding a Harry Potter plugin.
    Currently I am working on the wands.
    What I have: Type /wand and it gives you a wand with a random core, wood and inch.

What I need, when you right click a stick with the display name 'Wand'
    It shoots out a firework at eye location also I need the trail to be red sparks

If you can do this, thank's so much!

Extra:

If you're a real support, could you add in, so if it hits a player it sends that player a message 'You have been disarmed!'

Thanks so much!

2. Offline

Mr360zack

3. Offline

CactusComboPvP

I tried it but failed, could someone give me the code please?

4. Offline

NathanWolf

We don't want to spoonfeed you code here, but you don't need a lib for this.

You will need to spawn a Firework Entity, search for more info about entity spawning, or about this specific topic since it's probably been covered already :)

If you just want the effect and not to actually launch a firework, this can be done in 1.7 with the new detonate() method, just call it right after spawning the Firework entity.

Since it is admittedly a little weird to build a FireworkEffect, I can also share some of my own code to point you in the right direction there:

https://github.com/elBukkit/MagicLi...lmakers/mine/bukkit/spell/BaseSpell.java#L612

There's a lot of specific stuff in there about where I get the colors from, and also some randomization you could use if you wanted to. Hopefully it's enough to give you the right idea.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.