FindABlock

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by madtomic, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

madtomic

Minecraft version: 1.12.2

Suggested name: FindABlock

What I want: I need a simple plugin that will help me find/locate a block. I teleported a few dragon eggs around the server. Well, I now need help finding them and get rid of them. Thank you for reading.

Ideas for commands:

/find dragon_egg

When a block is found. It would teleport the player to it.

If nothing is found, it would send a message in chat. "&cNo matched block found."

Ideas for permissions: None

When I'd like it by: As soon as you can, please!

2. Offline

KarimAKL

@madtomic Should it teleport the player to the nearest block found? What should be the range? Should it just continue to look for a block through the whole world? (I can't do this, i'm just asking some questions that might help someone else do this)

3. Offline

madtomic

I think the best approach is it would print the location of the block found in chat as it finds the match block and you could click the destination and it would teleport you to that location.

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@madtomic Why not worldedits replace command?
    Or mcedit?

5. WorldEdit has a replacenear command. You can provide the block to replace and a range. For the best performance possible I would recommend 'Fast Async WorldEdit'. Just look that up on Google.

6. Offline

madtomic

Thank you guys for the suggestions. The request is not simply replacing blocks but rather another method to help manage the server.

7. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@madtomic What do you want ti do with it than?

8. Offline

madtomic

What the plugin should do.

player want to search a specfic block

/find dragon_egg

chat would report back with block match a

dragon_egg found at x: 155 y: 70 z: 254

it would loop until no more blocks are found in loaded chunks

player could click the chat message and teleport near it

search in loaded chunks would be manageable but a radius/range could be use.
    /find dragon_egg 100 Range or number of blocks/chunks where the player issue the command.

I hope this is more understandable.

9. Offline

Teh_Matt_GR

and if a player will type /find grass what would happend? ;)

10. Offline

madtomic

@Teh_Matt_GR

I guess it would spam player chat and the server would crash and burn in the end. :D

11. Offline

Gosintary

I might re think this request. There are many ways this could murder your server.

12. Offline

madtomic

@Gosintary

I think a blacklist/whitelist could solve this issue. Anyway this feature is strictly use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.