File Downloader and Manipulator

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by DJ_SLIM3, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Offline

DJ_SLIM3

Hello everyone! :) I have been looking over the plugin page, and have not found a plugin that fits my desires, so here's an idea for one that will help me out a lot! I know that there are plugins for downloading plugins to servers, so perhaps there's a way to do this?

Overall Goal:
    • To allow ops to have remote access to server files, in case they don't have access to the server files directly

Basic Idea:
    • Allow users with a permission to download a file from an URL (e.g. a file from dropbox) via commands.
    • Allow users to manipulate the location of the downloaded file (such as moving it to specific areas in the server) via commands.
    • Allow users to rename the file to a desired name/extension via commands.

Side note:
    - I have tried "Remote Console File Manager", but the explanation for directories doesn't give enough detail, and the files that are downloaded do not keep extensions. (if anyone could help with that, that'd be awesome too).
    - Link to "Remote Console File Manager": http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/console-file-manager/

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks everyone! :D

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

DJ_SLIM3 The developer is pretty active if you ask me, send him a PM and ask him to explain / fix stuff.