File approval

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by Ivan, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Ivan

There have passed over 40 hours since I uploaded my first file to my bukkitdev page, even though my project has been approved 17 hours ago. The file still didn't got approved, neither has it the state "under review".
    I got advised to make a thread here since I got told that my file could be stuck in the queue. Dont get me wrong I'm not trying to pressure anyone I'm just worried that something made it dissapear from the list.
    Also, I'm wondering if I'm allowed to put external links to my latest plugin builds? I have my own server and I would like to host some files there.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/PixelSoup

2. Offline

NuclearW

I'm sorry I didn't get to you when I was working earlier today. I spent 3 hours working file approvals and there's still work to be done!

Please be patient, we'll be doing our best to get all the files processed as fast as we can.

Ivan

Sorry about the double post, but... I just went and looked at your file, and you don't have a version number specified in the file upload name. Please review this post's section on file uploads and modify your file accordingly, if you don't it'll just be sent back when we do get to it, instead of being approved.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  3. Offline

Ivan

NuclearW
    Ok, thanks for the info :). I'm sorry I know that verifying files can take a lot of time and effort, and that it can be frustrating sometimes when you come across inpatient people like me. I took care of the name of my file, I'm just relieved that there wasn't an issue with my file being stuck in the queue. I'll just wait for my turn.
    One more question though: am I allowed to put a download link to the latest build for my plugin on the bukkitdev page? This would be hosted somewhere else.

4. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

No, you may not. The guidelines here cover this better than me repeating myself :)

5. Offline

lol768

What about development builds? Mine has a massive warning on that says they're not approved and they're normally only used for frequent, untested builds (I'd rather not add to your queue with lots of unstable builds).

I'm assuming the CI clause overrides "Links to downloads not from BukkitDev will cause your project to be denied."

6. Offline

TnT

Yes, CI links override that. However, for a brand new project you should at least wait until a file or two is approved before you start tossing CI links onto it. If the project is ready to be created on DBO, a file should be ready (or very close to ready) to be uploaded.

7. Offline

lol768

Thanks, that clears stuff up a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.