File Approval Time

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by Random446, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Random446

Hello everyone,

I am posting this thread simply to inquire as to how long it generally takes for a file to be approved. Just recently I uploaded a plugin to BukkitDev. While the plugin was waiting approval, I uploaded a file. After two or three re-submissions of the plugin (due to silly errors on my part), the plugin was submitted successfully and approved. The file, however, is still waiting for approval, and has been for 3 hours. Is this a long time for a file to be approved?

The only reason I made this post was because my plugin submission is now telling me that a file must be uploaded or it will not syndicate. This in now way was meant to be a post complaining to the Bukkit staff team, they do a great job, and I understand they are busy. It is more to ask how long approvals generally take.

Eagerly awaiting a response,
    General_Fail (Random446)

2. Offline

drtshock

If you need to upload a new file before another is approved, please delete the ones ahead of it. It makes our jobs much easier so we don't have to review each of those files.

We get to files as fast as we can. Approval times can be anywhere from 5 minutes to a day or two, depending on the submission rate and how many staff can tackle files that day. Right now approval time is pretty low but just be patient :)

3. Offline

Random446

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. I do not wish to upload another file, I simply am waiting for my current file to be approved.

Thank you again!
    General_Fail

drtshock likes this.
  4. Offline

RingOfStorms

Really 3 hours is your patience. You should be waiting 48 hours before complaining, at which point you can private message a staff member to kindly ask weather they are backed up, or there was an error processing the request. But really the staff members here aren't paid for this, and are volunteers. Not to mention there is a queue, and yours is not at the top when you submit it.

5. Offline

jorisk322

I think he wondered how long it would take, because his project had been approved. He wasn't complaining. He was simply asking how long it generally takes. I know the team consists entirely of volunteers, but we've heard that a lot now, and he even stated in his post he knew. Also, you just bumped a question that was answered 5 days ago. I really don't feel these default answers are needed as much as they're used.

Scr3am likes this.
  6. Offline

Scr3am

Did you read the thread at all? He's not complaining, he's simply asking for an answer because he doesn't know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.