Farewell, and thanks for all the salmon.

Discussion in 'Staff Goodbyes' started by turt2live, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

turt2live

Hello,

I’m turt2live, a Bukkit Pull Request Handler. This position has lead me through all kinds of interesting topics and abilities for not only myself, but those who submit their code to be included in the Bukkit project. To date I’ve reviewed hundreds of pull requests for (Craft)Bukkit, leaving around 160 pull requests reviewed and open. I’ve pulled many of these PRs that are now included on thousands of servers around the world, which is quite honestly a scary thing.

But, I am not writing this to gloat about the amount of work I’ve done in the past. I am instead here to resign from that position to pursue a more sane lifestyle. I only wish that @EvilSeph’s wish to end the project gracefully is upheld. EvilSeph, and the other members of the team, have put in millions of hours of work into the project creating many positive memories for those who have been along for the ride - something I cannot express how grateful I am to have experienced.

I’m not sure what will happen to the existing open PRs, but I can be certain that I won’t be the one reviewing them. As for my plugins (which are no longer as popular as I’d like) I plan to continue their development until I get bored or until all server-side modding of Minecraft is impossible (or not in high demand). As it currently stands, that means updating them to support Bukkit (provided it stays somewhat available) and potentially whatever platform may emerge from the smoke.

I would like to thank everyone on the amazing Bukkit team as well as the countless other volunteers that worked for the project. I would list names, but I’d be here for days ;)

Thank you,

turt2live

2. Offline

Aaron1112

Turt2live:

I want to personally thank you for all of the work you've done. IMHO, you're one of the most underappreciated members of the Bukkit team.

So many people only looked at the PRs that no one ever seemed to get to, missing all of the ones that you *did* get to. Thank you for all of the incredible work you've done. CraftBukkit would not be what is (was) today without you.

feildmaster and DSH105 like this.
  3. Offline

turt2live

Thank you very much :3
    Hopefully my abilities can be transferred to whatever is next, and that more people like yourself arise in those adventures.

feildmaster and DSH105 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.