Falling chest not appearing until it hits the ground

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by sgavster, Mar 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

sgavster

Hello everyone! I was playing with FallingSand, I wanted a chest to fall from the sky.. I have this code:

PHP:
            p.getLocation()
    getWorld()
    spawnFallingBlock(p.getLocation().add(p.getLocation().getDirection()).add(050),

Material.CHEST, (byte)0);
    But you see the blocks shadow, then the block appears on the ground. Is there a way to make it so you can see the chest fall?

2. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@sgavster, idk, it might be that chests are just incompatible with those kinds of things.

3. Offline

sgavster

4. Offline

nverdier

@sgavster It's probably just some client glitch.

5. Offline

sgavster

@nverdier Yeah.. Looks like I have to scratch this idea.. I can't even use one of those survival game crates. They no longer work ;/

6. Offline

nverdier

7. Offline

sgavster

8. Offline

nverdier

9. Offline

MajorSkillage

try spawnNaturally or whatever and just make the y intercept higher? IDK ._. a guess.

10. Offline

sgavster

@MajorSkillage spawnNaturally would be to drop an item, not spawn a falling sand, thanks though

11. Offline

MajorSkillage

Isn't FallingSand considered an Entity?

12. Offline

sgavster

Yeah, but spawnNaturually would just drop an item, not a falling sand. I think

13. Offline

MajorSkillage

If you spawn it as a fallingsand block don't you need to set it's velocity or something?

14. Offline

sgavster

15. Offline

MajorSkillage

For your client, does it do this on any others servers with this feature? Try consider that and compare it to what they have done, all I can think of ._. sorry I can't be much help in this situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.