Fake Wall

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Tdarnell, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Offline

RajKVyas

This can be done by replacing the two blocks the player with donator rank is going into block id 35 (i think) then teleporting them inside but changing by decimals then changing the block back to how it was! This is a REALLY quick process, Here is a quick example,
    [​IMG]

2. Offline

Skye

You're not helping.

cookieman768

I tested the plugin and it works fine against the latest dev build of Bukkit, so I need to know what errors are being spammed to find out what isn't working correctly. If you've been working with the first version and have just updated since my post here, you'll need to delete "\plugins\FakeWalls\walls.db" and remake your walls. It's definitely worth doing, as the more recent versions were polished to run a lot smoother for both the server and players. :)

I'll probably make a BukkitDev page soon though, as nobody has reported any problems before this. I might make a small change to be able to toggle walls on and off globally without touching permissions, but I don't believe I'll need to make any breaking changes for future versions, or even need to make future versions.

3. Offline

cookieman768

4. Offline

Skye

Haha, now stack traces I can work with. :p It was a slight oversight to not check for walls only in the players' current world, which is a one line fix.

Download: <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2016
  5. Offline

cookieman768

Skye Thanks for the speedy response. Yeah I was testing with the walls in a creative world xD I will try it out in a little bit. I will let you know if anything goes wrong.

6. Offline

cookieman768

Works like a charm :) Thanks again

7. Offline

cookieman768

[quote uid=90670694 name="Skye" post=1771509]Haha, now stack traces I can work with. :p It was a slight oversight to not check for walls only in the players' current world, which is a one line fix.

Would it be possible to use blocks with damage values? I want to have a colored stained clay wall but it is not allowing me use 159:9 when setting the wall

8. i don't know about that but you can use world gard and only allow some people in an area by /region flag {name of region} entry deny

9. Josmal2 Read the OP, then post.

10. Offline

Skye

Hey cookieman,

I don't have the source to this anymore because is was kind of a quickie from a year ago, and probably wouldn't like what I see if I decompiled one of the older versions. Do you still need this? I can write a more efficient version pretty quickly.

11. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

that would be soooo cool :D

12. Offline

cookieman768

Skye Yeah, if it would be possible. I have been using it since I found this on the forums. I had no need for the damage values until we remodeled our spawn. But if you would make a new version I would appreciate it :)

13. Offline

cookieman768

Skye Not sure if you saw my last comment but I might need this soon :)

14. Offline

Skye

I got a little sidetracked working on another plugin. :oops: I'll try to get this done soon. When do you need it by?

I've been trying to find a way to send entire walls instead of block by block like before, but I haven't been able to find a method that didn't use NMS. The rest is much better designed than before, though.

15. Offline

RingOfStorms

I would use packets, specifically the multi block change packet to make it more friendly

Skye likes this.
  16. Offline

Skye

This is the sort of thing I was trying to avoid doing because I wanted to write something that was guaranteed to last through multiple Bukkit releases. However, the payoff is too good to sit around hoping for Player.sendChunkChange() to start working any time soon. :rolleyes:

The meat of plugin is pretty much done, I just have to write the commands. It has a ProtocolLib dependency, but can send ridiculously large walls without a hiccup. It also allows for damage values. :) I will try to get something out in a couple days or so...

17. Offline

cookieman768

I would need this plugin in the next two to three weeks, there is no big rush but I was just hoping that you did not forget about the plugin :)

18. Offline

Skye

[quote uid=7817 name="cookieman768" post=2615307]I would need this plugin in the next two to three weeks, there is no big rush but I was just hoping that you did not forget about the plugin :)[/quote]
    That's too patient. :p

Dependency: ProtocolLib
    Source: https://github.com/Marenwynn/FakeWalls
    Java 7, bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2

Commands
    /fw - Top command; shows currently selected wall; returns false
    /fw create <name ...> - Creates a new wall with name
    /fw list - Lists all walls
    /fw reload - Reloads plugin configuration
    /fw remove - Removes selected wall
    /fw select <name ...> - Selects wall with name
    /fw type <material> - Sets the block type for wall

Permissions
    fw.admin - Allows player to use "/fw" commands and the selection tool
    fw.access.<name> - Access permission for individual walls. Wall permission names have stripped colors, lowercase letters, and underscores in place of spaces. Ex. A wall named "&6A BIG Wall" would have an access permission of "fw.access.a_big_wall". Players with the permission will see air, while players without it will see the wall.

Config
    VIEW_DISTANCE - How many block away walls can be viewed from. This is nothing more than a bounding box.

All plugin messages can be edited in config.yml.

Walls need to be selected to change their type or remove them, and can be selected either through the command or by clicking on the wall with the selection tool (still a Wooden Shovel). All of the commands except for "/fw create" is open to CONSOLE.

I still haven't done much testing, but I don't think there are any major errors. I encourage everyone to try and break it and come back with something I can fix. ;) Much thanks to Comphenix for ProtocolLib and his packet wrappers. :)

Edit: Okay, yeah, I missed a few bugs (even repeated one I made last year :oops: ) and forgot a command. I've fixed that now.
    Code:
    2.0.1 (06/30/2014):
    - Added "/fw reload" for reloading plugin configuration
    - Changed access permissions to replace spaces with underscores
    - Player sent wall meta is now cleared when quitting
    - Removed checks for walls not in player's current world
    - Added CHANGELOG.TXT

Shortninja66 and Comphenix like this.
  19. Offline

cookieman768

Thanks a lot :)

20. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

could you make a reversed state of fake walls as well where you see blocks but they vanish at a certain distance Skye

21. Offline

Skye

You're welcome. :)

I'm not really sure what you mean... you want the wall disappear if the user walks too far away from it? The wall already appears when moving in close enough if they don't have the access permission, but I could put in a config option that reverts it to air when they walk away from it.

22. Offline

RingOfStorms

I think what he wants is sort of like a barrier that only shows up when you get close to it. Many old arena plugins used to do this with glass, where the player would walk close to the border the glass would show preventing the player to leave. However, when the player walks away from the wall, it doesn't show anything.

Skye likes this.
  23. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

24. Offline

Skye

Oh... maybe I could make that a wall option. It'd be more efficient to send individual block changes for behavior like that, so it might be a good default option for users without ProtocolLib. :)

25. Offline

cookieman768

I know that a plugin called war still has this feature with glass, it was a cool mechanic. Almost like a magic carpet that was vertical.