fake coordinates

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by MrAwellstein, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MrAwellstein

So do I need to use protecall lib to send modified packets to have the client not have correct coordinates? If so what packet would I need to use?

2. Offline

RawCode

you must modify ALL packets.

as you may know not only player have location, also items, mobs, other players, weather effects.
    world and chunk packets, also blockupdates and few other, like respawn and login.

all packets must be "adapted" to follow given player's "local space and time"

3. Offline

MrAwellstein

Will this be easy? :p

4. Offline

RawCode

making something easy 20 times wont make it hard, but will make it long.

Garris0n likes this.
  5. Offline

MrAwellstein

I was thinking, do I need to get the players location away from zero, and for anything that renders for them minus it? I feel like that would work but I'm not sure.

6. Offline

Codex Arcanum

It would help to know what you are trying to accomplish.

If you are trying to make it so that players actually have to use maps and the lay of the land and stuff, then you may want to generate a random displacement when the player logs in (probably safest if its a multiple of 16 in both directions). So, when RandomMiner67 logs in, generate an offset for him - lets say your plugin generates (+480, -960). Whenever ANY packet that contains a location is sent to that player, you'll have to intercept it and add 480 to the x, and subtract 960 from the z. I wouldn't try to mess with the y coordinate at all if I were you.

7. Offline

MrAwellstein

Wasn't planning on affecting Y (unless the other ones worked). I want everyone's X and Z to be 0,0.

8. Offline

Garris0n

Even if they move? That might not work at all, actually, the client probably insists chunks be aligned to the grid.

9. Offline

MrAwellstein

Yeah I'm a bit worried about that actually, so I guess where they login at should be considered 0,0 then instead of 0,0 following them around?

10. Offline

Garris0n

That would probably be easier and less...awful for the client to deal with. Spamming it with chunk update packets is probably extremely laggy.

11. Offline

MrAwellstein

Does anyone have a list of what packets deal with location?

12. Offline

SuperOmegaCow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.