Solved "Failed to verify username, session authentication server unavailable!"

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by eleasias, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

eleasias

Hello everyone,

I'm running Bukkit Build #2918. Everything was running fine but suddenly we started having login issues. Here is a typical log: http://pastebin.com/adufqEiy (I've removed my IP address)

So far:
    - it's not the DNS provided, I've tried in a local LAN
    - removing plugins does not have any effect
    - reinstalling Minecraft isn't solving the issue
    - antivirus are deactivated
    - same errors on multiple computers
    - Minecraft login servers are up and running

I've got absolutely no idea where the problem could come from. When I set online-mode=false, you can login. What weirds me out is that I absolutely touched nothing in 48 hours since I've updated 1.6.4 and the problem suddenly arrived this morning.

I've checked related post threads, but I could not find anything relevant. Any help is GREATLY appreciated, I don't want to run on online-mode=false

Thanks in advance

2. Offline

Yukari

What online-mode does is to check with minecraft.net that all users logging in are verified by minecraft.net (=logged in properly.)

If minecraft.net's authentication server goes down, that's the error you get. There's nothing you can do but wait.

3. Offline

eleasias

Dear Yukari,
    Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately the minecraft.net status is green, according to their official website. So maybe it's not properly updated or I've got a different issue :(

4. Offline

Yukari

Since you're using bukkit you're obviously not on 1.7. For 1.7, they changed the authentication system. Meaning there is a legacy authentication system for 1.6 and lower, and the current authentication system for 1.7 and above.

You're relying on the legacy system, and sadly they don't list the legacy system, they only list the current authentication system.

5. Offline

eleasias

Dear Yukari,
    Thanks for taking the time to explain this to me. It's much clearer now. I'm a bit disappointed at Mojang for this policy. I understand they can't maintain properly all the previous versions, but they should at least ensure proper support for the recommended bukkit build version, since I'm pretty sure it's widely used.

Well, problem solved

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.