Problem/Bug Failed to load plugins when restarting, need help!

Discussion in 'General Help' started by CanadianStoner, Apr 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CanadianStoner

I'm just trying to get my factions server up and running, and recently I got all my plugins together... But when i restart the server.. I get this:

[14:39:31] [Server thread/ERROR]: Could not load 'plugins/spigot.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidDescriptionException: Invalid plugin.yml
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPluginDescription(JavaPluginLoader.java:152) ~[minecraft_server.jar:git-Bukkit-61ef214]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:133) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Bukkit-61ef214]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R2.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:288) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Bukkit-61ef214]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R2.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:250) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Bukkit-61ef214]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R2.PlayerList.<init>(PlayerList.java:69) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Bukkit-61ef214]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R2.DedicatedPlayerList.<init>(SourceFile:14) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Bukkit-61ef214]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R2.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:180) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Bukkit-61ef214]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R2.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:501) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Bukkit-61ef214]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.7.0_71]
    Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Jar does not contain plugin.yml​

2. @CanadianStoner You exported without a plugin.yml

3. Offline

CanadianStoner

How exactly should i fix it then?

4. Offline

CanadianStoner

Yes, but where do i get the plugin.yml?

5. Offline

nverdier

6. Offline

CanadianStoner

I seem to have got it working... but now some of the plugins aren't loading, I copied the console and put it in a pastebin, could you please take a look? Thanks in advance.. <3

http://pastebin.com/JrfCnPXx

7. Offline

Bobcat00

You're running CraftBukkit. Why are you trying to put spigot.jar in the plugins folder?

For your second problem, you need to get whichever Essentials jars you want to use from here:
    https://hub.spigotmc.org/jenkins/job/Spigot-Essentials/
    Note, you don't need all of them (it's up to you to decide), but the ones you use all need to come from here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.