Failed to connect the server!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Yudaz, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Yudaz

THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED!

2. Offline

TBK

3. Offline

Yudaz

ehmm... The website couldnt see my port, Reason Connection timed out

And the log file, my server command prompt log?

4. Offline

Avous

@Yudaz
    you have to open the port 25565 for udp and tcp you couldnt host a normal minecraft server without those... open them on your Router.... Not your firewall then it will work great.

beyond that he means your server.log text file in your servers root directory folder. he means copy and paste the entire log and upload it to Pastebin... but i dont think you need that considering you havent opened up 25565 and thats what minecraft runs off of.

also check www.canihostaminecraftserver.com it will tell you if you can even run one with more than two or three people

5. Offline

Yudaz

yeah i done it! tcp/udp read man!

6. Offline

Avous

if it were done then they'd be able to see you. lol.. you do know your IPv4 changes and thats what you gotta open the port on?

unless you dont want to recheck if you added you opened the port on your ipv4 again by going through CMD Prompt IPconfig/all and re getting the IPv4 then you can always try nslookup and see if theres any delay if there is congratulations your dns is off and you have to contact your ISP to get your DNS numbers and put them into your router.

but yes its either your DNS numbers are screwed up on your router or you didnt open your port and the ports a thousand times easier to fix.

meaning i read more than just your first post :p and i have quite a bit of experience with routers

7. Offline

Yudaz

Okey sorry! Tnx man, but i didnt understood that... could u explain more??

heres the log.file you where asking about:

2011-05-12 17:11:47 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.5_02
    2011-05-12 17:11:47 [INFO] Loading properties
    2011-05-12 17:11:47 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    2011-05-12 17:11:47 [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    2011-05-12 17:11:47 [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
    2011-05-12 17:11:47 [WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
    2011-05-12 17:11:51 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-05-12 17:11:51 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:396)
    2011-05-12 17:11:51 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:293)
    2011-05-12 17:11:51 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    2011-05-12 17:11:51 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:396)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:293)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    2011-05-12 17:11:54 [INFO] Stopping server
    2011-05-12 17:11:54 [INFO] Stopping server
    2011-05-13 10:48:28 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.5_02
    2011-05-13 10:48:28 [INFO] Loading properties
    2011-05-13 10:48:28 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    2011-05-13 10:48:28 [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    2011-05-13 10:48:28 [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
    2011-05-13 10:48:28 [WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
    2011-05-13 10:48:36 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-05-13 10:48:36 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:396)
    2011-05-13 10:48:36 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:293)
    2011-05-13 10:48:36 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    2011-05-13 10:48:36 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:396)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:293)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    2011-05-13 10:48:47 [INFO] Stopping server
    2011-05-13 17:33:21 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.5_02
    2011-05-13 17:33:21 [INFO] Loading properties
    2011-05-13 17:33:21 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    2011-05-13 17:33:21 [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    2011-05-13 17:33:21 [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
    2011-05-13 17:33:21 [WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
    2011-05-13 17:33:23 [INFO] Stopping server

how can i stop the ipv4 for changing by the way?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  8. Offline

Avous

@Yudaz

Well its fairly simple. whenever you start your computer(or router) it gives you a different IPv4 and you have to open the port on the new IPv4 and delete the old one. basically its like this. the way you find out your IPv4 is hold Windows Key and press R then type in CMD and hit Enter

after CMD Prompt is up type nslookup if it says anything about there being a timeout or a delay then theres something up with your DNS and you gotta have your internet service provider look at it but i doubt there is...

Beyond that in the CMD prompt type ipconfig/all and it will give you all your numbers for your internet.

take down your Gateway (should be like 192.168.1.1) then enter that into your Web Browser... this will lead you to your Routers config. it should have a password/username if no one set it just google your router model number and it will tell you the default pass/username.

Now you should also take down your IPv4 and write it down somewhere from the CMD Prompts ipconfig/all. after this you need to (on your router) you need to open the ports for your IPv4 open the ports for 25565-25565 on UDP and TCP.

after that. open up your Server.properties file in your root directory of your server. make sure the Server IP is BLANK and then try logging in with your external IP (found here) http://www.whatsmyip.org and enter that (without the :25565 on the end) into your minecraft client

(to log into a multiplayer server... always leave the Servers IP Blank in the Properties file) after relaunching it with the new ports opened.

and if that doesnt work simply add :25565 on the end of your external ip. depending on the one that works give it to your friends and you're good to go.

EDIT: Oh and that reminds me. be sure in the server.properties that your server port is 25565

9. Offline

Lolmewn

I can't ever connect to my own server through my External IP, I always use "localhost" (without quotes)

10. Offline

chronopolis

You can set your ipv4 address manually in your network adapter config...just copy the settings that you get in the command prompt when you run ipconfig /all

11. Offline

Avous

and yes it is possible to change your internal IP to static from dynamic but it varies on what windows you have or linux or what have you. for windows open up CMD prompt again and type ipconfig/all take down your DNS Servers(there should be two) your Default Gateway your IPv4 Address and your Subnet Mask then right click your internet icon on the bottom right of your screen.

hit Network and Sharing (for Vista) it should be similar for Windows 7 anywho. then hit View Status on your Internet Connection. under Properties select IPv4 and hit Properties again. select Use the Following IP Address: and enter the corrisponding numbers i told you to take down. and then hit ok and your Internal IP will be Static meaning it shouldnt ever change...

for a static EXTERNAL ip (so you always have the same internet ip to connect to and it doesnt change) you gotta pay your Internet Service Provider for a Static External IP but there are awys aroudn it. for example.

go to www.no-ip.org and sign up for a free account and after you're logged into your account add a host under your account (theres a free way to do this.) and then pick what you want it to be and what free tag you want on it. as long as you run their program it will update to your external ip and redirect you to it when you enter it. for example. you could set it to Yudaz.no-ip.org and that would always be a ip you could enter to connect to your games and anyone else could. even if your external is dynamic and changes.

edit: @chronopolis

very insightful rofl

@Lolmen
    he said others cant connect either meaning the ports were off :)

12. Offline

TBK

I can, with and without bukkit.

13. Offline

chronopolis

Haha thanks I really tried on that post...I'm glad you picked up the slack :p

14. Offline

TBK

Remember to also reserve the servers LAN IP via the router web interface, otherwise your portforward rule will break.

15. Offline

Yudaz

Nope, same message on both of he IP`s without :25565 and with :25565 on the end! I checked the port it is a tcp/udp port on 25565, i cecked the properties file for the server. The server-ip field is blank and server-port is 25565... I done what u said with cmd, and that didnt work, but 1 thing happened, the ipv4 changed 192.168.1.1.5(preffered)....
    ;):(:'(:p:mad::rolleyes:

reserved too!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

16. Offline

TBK

If you get TeamViewer or send me and Windows Remote Assistance invite, then I can check your setup :)

17. Offline

Avous

theres your static ipv4 now you dont have to change ports anymore. but check http://canyouseeme.org again! and see if they can see you on 25565 if they can that means just connect with local host its working. if its nooot? then im stumped i can only think your router is a vast amounts of difference than ive ever seen :p i guess try opening the ports 25565 UDP and TCP on your windows firewall but if they can see you on canyouseeme then you're good to go just connect with localhost if they CANT try opening the ports on your firewall :p and try canyouseeme again but yes theres a chance you cant connect to your own ip but others can. they can if canyouseeme sees you on port 25565

18. Offline

TBK

No need for UDP, you are just opening for attacks - Windows Firewall, windows key + r, type wf.msc, add a new rule to inbound and outbound for a port - TCP 25565.

19. Offline

Yudaz

ehm... I tried all you have said now, and it still doesnt work... What should I do next... Canyouseeme didnt see me, and I have changed the port to TCP 25565... Nothing helps....???

But it couldnt help that I made the port on a other port, example 12037 in stead of 25565, and then I change the server-port in the server properties file???? HELP???

BUMP!

20. Offline

TBK

You cound always try, it is rarely the case that the ISP block the default port. And you know you get the setup working when http://canyouseeme.org says there is hole through.
    BTW you should get an ethernet cable, you add several hundred ms delay by using wifi.

21. Offline

Yudaz

Ok i tried to change the port too 12212 TCP but when i checked on canyouseeme it said: Connection refused
    Now I tried everything, exept get a ethernet cable, im 20 meters away from the box in walking length!, and it would go through my livingroom and office!!! :eek:

22. Offline

TBK

Grap a power drill, what I did :)
    My home is a WiFi free zone, 1 Gb/s all the way, at least until the router... :/ Give me Tb/Sec :D
    If you have TeamViewer or send me an Windows Remote Assistance invite, then I can check your setup.

23. Offline

Yudaz

Ehmm TeamViewer?? Where can I get that?

BUT! If I host the server somewhere on a payed hosting website, is it 100% that the server going to work??

24. Offline

TBK

TeamViewer.com

Ehh don't know, I have my dedicated server at home.

25. Offline

Yudaz

How can i give it to you personly?

26. Offline

EvilSeph

You have something - probably another Minecraft or Bukkit server - that is already using the port you want to use. Look at the log you posted...

27. Offline

Yudaz

THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED!

28. Offline

TBK

Was his modem that blocked the connection to the router.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.