**** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Donutgeek, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Donutgeek

Hello there, im making a second server of mine, but my old server is still using the port ! in fact i exited it instead of putting "stop" in cmd. How can i fix this ? i tried the solution in the "bugs" part of bukkit, but i still ca't stop the old server ? all i want is to stop the old server to be able to make a new one.

Here is the exact log !

[19:25:23] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting minecraft server version 1.7.10
    [19:25:23] [Server thread/INFO]: Loading properties
    [19:25:23] [Server thread/INFO]: Default game type: SURVIVAL
    [19:25:23] [Server thread/INFO]: Generating keypair
    [19:25:23] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting Minecraft server on 192.168.1.14:25565
    [19:25:23] [Server thread/WARN]: **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    [19:25:23] [Server thread/WARN]: The exception was: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: bind
    [19:25:23] [Server thread/WARN]: Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
    [19:25:23] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping server
    [19:25:23] [Thread-4/INFO]: Stopping server

2. Offline

Watto

You'll need to end the process... assuming you're on Windows you can hold; Control, Shift and Esc which opens up Task Manager goto processes and end all the Java processes.

3. Offline

Donutgeek

Thanks for helping, Watto, i found 1 Jave process : jushed.exe, processor 00, but it is for "Java update".
    But are you sure that if i end all the java processes it won't affect at all my Minecraft or other softwares working with java ?
    Is there an other solution to stop the old server ?

4. Invisible

DrPyroCupcake

Restart your computer. Instead of clicking the X on the command prompt, type stop into it to turn it off.

5. Offline

Donutgeek

I turned on and off my computer tons of times since. the server it self is still running. What i need is to access the file where it is running and stop the process

6. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

Go into ctlr alt delete and open task manager. go to the processes tab and find javaw,exe or java.exe. Select it and hit the end process button on the lower right.

7. Offline

SleepyDog

Is the 192.168.1.14 the port you put into the port ip when you portforwarded?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.