"Failed to adapt server configuration"

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by mack2540, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mack2540

My host is mcpro hosting and recently I got the message "Failed to adapt server configuration" in my console and the server refuses to start. My server.properties file became empty and some people say that deleting it will fix the issue. It didn't for me. On the mcpro hosting website they say that it's an issue for them to fix and to notify them if you see it. I've done so but somehow I think it's just a general server error. All my configs, etc. have been reset (some arejust empty) and I'm going to have to set up mobarena, plotme, survival games, factions and arenaspleef again. I've basically lost everything. All my multiverse world have also been unloaded. This basically means I've lost everything apart from our actual builds. This happened only a few weeks ago on our server... I'm so freaking frustrated.

Noticed this in the log:
    2013-09-07 00:09:39 [SEVERE] java.io.IOException: No space left on device
    2013-09-07 00:09:39 [SEVERE]at java.io.FileOutputStream.writeBytes(Native Method)
    2013-09-07 00:09:39 [SEVERE]at java.io.FileOutputStream.write(FileOutputStream.java:318)
    2013-09-07 00:09:39 [SEVERE]at java.io.DataOutputStream.writeLong(DataOutputStream.java:224)
    2013-09-07 0

"No space left on device". Mcpro says that I get unlimited SSD space if that's what it's referring to.

I'm so pissed of, I've lost over a fortnight of work twice in the last month and a bit and have spent like $50 on hosting so far.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT: A staff member from mcpro has just contacted me. It is all up and running now but all my plugins have been reset...FML
    How do I prevent this from happening in the future if this problem occurs again?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2016
  2. Offline

Necrodoom

backup your stuff to local and make sure used SSD space is not reaching allocated SSD space by host.

3. Offline

mack2540

It just went down, AGAIN (third time in three weeks, 2nd time today) with the same error. I've messaged staff and hopefully they fix this for good or I'm going to have to move to a new host. Why? Read below

The problem here, I can't download folders. Only files. I don't know if it's just mcpro's multicraft or what but you just can't do it. Their only backup option just backs up your default world and not other multiverse worlds or plugin configurations. I found a backup plugin that does scheduled backups of everything in a folder in the server directory but won't the files and configs in that folder be deleted too when this happens? I guess I can download every individual file but I shouldn't have to spend a couple hours manually downloading all my server files and making sure that I replicate all folders. About the size of the ssd on my server node, I'm not sure. If everyone on my node has used all the space then what are they going to do about it? It should be a simple fix for them since they probably have the nodes configured in a simple hot swap way where they can just pop in another ssd. Wouldn't they have fixed it by now or moved some people to other nodes along with their files. Or maybe I do get moved an that's why I do lose my files. Am I automatically moved and it remembers my installed plugins and reinstalls them but loses configs, etc.? probably not though seeing as my actual world folders are retained. I've contacted staff again and told them that this is unacceptable. I'm still awaiting a reply.

EDIT: The backup plugin can zip backups (multicraft lets me download zips) so that is an option. This is still unacceptable though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.