(Extremely) Severe Bukkit Failure!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by acetech09, Feb 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

acetech09

After the server runs for about half an hour, or up to two hours, my server just dies. The console stops responding. It doesn't freeze, but just doesn't respond to any command I give it. It doesn't unload plugins, so all files revert to the last startup. I don't know what is causing this. I don't think it's a plugin. My server is down until I fix this, which might be a while.

Anybody seen this before, and, if so, what's the problem and how do I fix it? I've ran diagnostics, the problem doesn't seem to be with the system.

Code:
    2012-02-19 11:40:56 [SEVERE] null
    java.io.IOException: Input/output error
        at java.io.FileInputStream.readBytes(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.read(FileInputStream.java:236)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:235)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:254)
        at jline.Terminal.readCharacter(Terminal.java:99)
        at jline.UnixTerminal.readVirtualKey(UnixTerminal.java:128)
        at jline.ConsoleReader.readVirtualKey(ConsoleReader.java:1453)
        at jline.ConsoleReader.readBinding(ConsoleReader.java:654)
        at jline.ConsoleReader.readLine(ConsoleReader.java:494)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadCommandReader.run(ThreadCommandReader.java:31)
    It happens in both OpenJDK and Java 7.

2. Offline

flamedaces

try removing all your plugins...see what happens.
    if that fixes it:
    1: but all the plugins back
    2: slowly start removing plugins
    3: continue removing until problematic plugin is isolated
    if it doesn't fix:
    reinstall bukkit 1.1-R4

3. Offline

acetech09

The crash happens every hour, and I have 35 plugins, so... that's not gonna work.

Clarified the thread, and have determined it's not a plugin's fault. And bump.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  4. Offline

c0mp

I/O could be referring to disk usage. If you have a totally separate physical drive (not just another partition on the same drive) try running the server off of that temporarily. The drive may have bad sectors that data is eventually being written to, causing the server to not be able to read the data on those sectors.

5. Offline

acetech09

It's on a SSD separate from my system disc. I'll run a diagnostic on that, and then try running it for a bit off of my system disc.

EDIT: Thanks btw.

Ok. I moved it over to the system disk. Told everybody to start building normally. About 30 minutes in,

Code:
    [INFO] Read timed out
    and it crashes...

I found this. Seems to be the same problem.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  6. Offline

c0mp

Well... in Minecraft/Bukkit years, that post is pretty ancient. And this error that you're now getting is pretty generic.

How's server memory usage when this all goes down? I'm assuming, since you mentioned OpenJDK, that you're running this on a linux platform? If so, try installing htop through your distro's package manager and keeping a terminal open with htop running, then start the server and keep an eye on mem usage. IIRC, it should show you both in-use memory, as well as cached memory, plus swap space.

7. Offline

Rebelcoil

Did you fixed it ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.