EXPLAIN THIS TO ME

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by elias79, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why is Bukkit updated for both 1.8 and 1.9 After 1.0 is released ?

2. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Nope

3. Offline

saul100

Bukkit has yet to bring out 1.0, as they are not done with it yet. just wait.

4. Offline

Orcem12

Explain?

5. Offline

patey

i think he was pointing out the recent build numbers in the jenkins thing. updated a few hrs ago,
    was kinda curious myself

elias79 likes this.
  6. Offline

shadrxninga

They are updated for Minecraft Beta 1.8.1 - Notch, for some reason or another decided to be super confusing and name this release 1.0. This release though is Minecraft 1.0.0, which is not a Beta version.

Just be patient. Bukkit for 1.0.0 will be out eventually. Also, please refrain from using all Caps in your title :)

7. Offline

ThornRage

Read the question instead of assuming the OP wants to know when 1.0 comes out.

He is asking why is crafbukkit still being updated for 1.8.1 AFTER 1.0 has been released.

8. Offline

Dinnerbone Bukkit Team Member

It's an automated build. We aren't working on 1.8, it's just building at random intervals for some reason.

9. Offline

shadrxninga

Sorry, I thought he was saying, Why is 1.8.1 updated and working, when 1.0 isn't.

I apologize.

elias79 likes this.
  10. Offline

xphoenixxx

When an upstream dependency (ie a bit or piece it uses in each compile) changes the downstream projects may trigger a rebuild. That and the bukkit guys had a lot of bugs/glitches on their plate even before 1.0.0 came out. They are probably just finishing up what they were working on at the time, lodging the code, then focusing on the critical parts needed for 1.0.0 to work safely. Think of it like needing to give the wheels a balance after changing the tires so they can drive it over to the mechanic for a dyno tune. The tires might not all match yet, but you need to be able to drive! So what you will see is a bunch of quick builds, then a sudden lack of builds for a while, then as bigger code chunks get lodged a few slower builds then p00f a 1.0.0 dev build will appear at some point, and they will go back to their various bug hunting projects again and regular builds will appear again. (i am also reading something about a problem connecting to the dev site NFI there)

No doubt someone can offer a better analogy, but basically that what's happening. Don't stress they are just doing their thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.