Everything is gone :(

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by BlueDoughnut22, Jul 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I went away for 2 weeks, left my server running, left it in the hands of my admins, I come back 2 weeks later and find that basically all the server data is gone, all the worlds are empty, Multiverse says it can't take me to that world and /spawn or /hub says Error:Null, my server backup was disabled for some reason and I have no idea what happened, oh yeah when I went on to the console and scrolled up, someone had run /stop but it didn't say who did it and I couldn't go far up enough to see the rest.

I was just reading who logged on last, and the last 2 people to log on where hiding there ips and were both disconnected by server stopping :p

Is there anything I can do, if it makes a difference I use theminecrafthosting and multicraft as my host :)

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@BlueDoughnut22
    For the data that was lost, no. Unless you made backups, there is no way to recover lost data.

If you want to know who issued the commands, you always have the report logs. Go into the /logs/ folder and find the log the corresponds to that date.

For the IPs, I recommend using AntiBot Ultra. It will prevent bots and player's behind proxies:
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted not allowed paid resource url>

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2017
  3. :'( I've lost ALLLL my work :( :( :( :( :( :(
    If I upload the logs can you have a look please, I really don't know how they work :p
    @Zombie_Striker

UPDATE: Okey this might be a glitch but all the logs appear to be empty :'(
    UPDATE: Fixed the log, and this guy DrCuttleFish (I think the guy) changed his UUID multiple times, however it does not say he put in any suspicious commands

Okey, this an important, I extracted the world files to find that all the data in the folders has gone, and I am struggling to find in the log when this happened :/

OKEY I FOUND THE CULPRIT, ONE OF MY ADMINS (WHO DONATED OVER £100) DELETED ALL THE WORLDS AND THEN CLOSED THE SERVER!!!!!!!!

Sent him an email with the log, it has clear proof, the log is at:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6ilp0n1ehiwgm1/2017-07-14-2.log?dl=0

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2017
  4. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@BlueDoughnut22
    Okay, from what you posted, I don't think there is a way to recover this data. The only thing you can do now is try to restart, knowing what you know now.

A few suggestions though:
    1. Be careful what permissions players have. The user here had to have been given the multiverse permissions or the they had to have been OP. Players should only have access to public commands; all moderation and server changing commands should only be given to you.
    2. You should trust no one with your server. From personal experience, and from what others have posted here, even people you know personally can do lots of damage for seemingly no reason.
    3. Keep backups. Every plugin, evety worlds, and any databases you may have; all of it needs to be saved in case of this.
    You also say he changed his UUID multiple times. Since UUIDs can't change for users in online mode, either that user has multiple accounts or your server supports cracked accounts. For multiple accounts, use this. If you run your server in offline mode, then you should turn it back online to make sure players are who they say they are.

5. @Zombie_Striker I read it wrong, he didn't change his UUID, for some reason the console listed 5 different UUIDS, all the plugins are intact, if you read the log it says that he just did /mv delete *worlds*, I had backup enabled but obviously it hasn't worked ;'( I'm gonna contact the server host to see if they can recover the files, but thank you so much for the help, I will reply if I find anything :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.