Estimated Max Players for Bukkit Server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by funkystudios, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

JohnTheRipper

~200-250 max, it's hard to say. Maybe more.

2. Offline

funkystudios

I guess I'll try it out and see how it goes. I certainly wont fill the server any time soon.

30 day refund too, nothing to worry about.

3. Offline

MikeA

Being realistic 24GB RAM could hold around 900 slots vanilla. But if you're talking about the multiple things to drag it down (Bukkit, plugins, shitty kimsufi server, etc) It'll probably hold 150.

4. Offline

funkystudios

The most intensive plugins will be AntiCheat/NoCheatPlus (can't decide), and Orebfuscator (considering using a different anti-xray plugin). ~20-24 plugins will be on my server, and no it's not kimsufi, instead I chose hetzner.de.

5. Offline

MikeA

Ok, good, hetzner has a better network then Kimsufi. Since you don't use Kimsufi, I don't have anything bad to say!

6. Offline

funkystudios

Did you have a bad experience with kimsufi? Just wondering, since I was close to purchasing a server from ovh.ie (same provider I believe, just for larger servers).

7. Offline

MikeA

no, I pay more then $30 for a 24GB RAM server.

8. Offline

JohnTheRipper

Price is a poor indicator, I have received service that I am pretty damn happy with at $49/month.

Kimsufi... Ehh, it's debatable... I've noticed that your milage may vary when it comes to that provider.

MikeA likes this.
  9. Offline

greatman

OVH do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.