Essentials.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by AiiDynBrus, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

AiiDynBrus

I know craftbukkit beta is unstable at the moment but i have a problem, pex has been disabled and whenever i make a kit in essentials and save it (there are no red text and i have set it all right) and then restart the server and once it has restarted i go into the server type /kit and the kits aren't there. Please Help recently bought a host and trying to get it up and running to the public still in Beta and Testing.

2. Offline

fafler

Try adding the kits manually to the configuration file, or look for the ones you saved. Use the sample kits already there as templates. And it's not that much beta. It works great for a lot of people.

3. Offline

JaguarJo

AiiDynBrus Paste permissions.yml and essentials config with pastebin.com . We can't check for errors if we can't see your files. Alternatively, paste your files in yaml-online-parser.appspot.com and check for syntax errors yourself. It's quite likely you have a parsing error. If both files parse okay, the next thing is to check your startup log for errors and warning messages.

4. Offline

AiiDynBrus

w
    what permissions.yml? and here is the config.yml: http://pastebin.com/MShzKEfe and this is the error in the config.yml when i pasted it to the yaml-online-parser.
    ERROR:
    while scanning for the next token found character '\t' that cannot start any token in "<unicode string>", line 285, column 14: - 322 6 ^

5. Offline

JaguarJo

AiiDynBrus That error means that you have a tab in your file. Using tab at all in a YAML file will completely break it.
    The config you pasted looks like the default one; it doesn't match the error. You'll want to look at the broken file and delete the tab that is on line 285. By the looks of it, I'm gonna say it's in your kits section.

The permissions.yml that I asked about is your Pex permissions file. You said Pex was disabled; that usually means there's an error in the permission file. You can check it for errors with the parser the same way you checked your Essentials config.

6. Offline

AiiDynBrus

The actual config: http://pastebin.com/HHPT1pB9

7. Offline

JaguarJo

8. Offline

AiiDynBrus

9. Offline

JaguarJo

10. Offline

AiiDynBrus

Thread Status: