Essentials, Using the lava bucket

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by GRNDPNDR, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

GRNDPNDR

Using essentials on my server when a user tries to use a lava bucket they are not permitted with the message: You are not permitted to use: LAVA_BUCKET

Admins are able to use the lava bucket.

In the essentials config file you can set the lava bucket under blacklisted items, which is fine.

What I want to know is where do I find the permission that lets admins and owners use the lava bucket, but not the ranks below.

I dont want to remove the blacklist entry for a lava bucket, but there are certain groups that I would like to bypass the blacklist or specific blacklisted items.

2. Offline

Necrodoom

essentials.protect.exemptplacement
    essentials.protect.exemptusage
    essentials.protect.exemptbreak

3. Offline

Toubacos

If you use GroupManager, try this:

/mangaddp <group> essentials.build.place.327

4. Offline

Necrodoom

he uses blacklist.

5. Offline

GRNDPNDR

I use groupmanager.

Heres what I cant figure out, in gloalgroups.yml it has the g:essentials_Admin permission node.
    if I remove the essentials.* node from essentials_admin, then admins can o longer use the lava bucket.

ok good.

I've added the custom g:eek:wner_permissions for myself to allow me to do anything I want. I do NOT have the essentials.* node yet I am still able to use lava buckets.

The group "Owner" was added by me to the groups.yml file

Nowhere can I find essentials.* or ANYTHING that says I should be able to use the lava bucket in any of the permissions....so why am I able to still use the lava bucket even though "owner" is a custom group added by me?

6. Offline

jwpwns

Its not a permissions go into the essentials config and remove lava from the blacklist.

7. Offline

GRNDPNDR

perhaps try reading through the thread again. I mentioned that I know about the blacklist entry.

So please explain why as an owner I can still use the lava bucket without problem, even with the entry in the black list.
    I'm not opped, im just an owner as set with the groups.yml file.

8. Offline

Toubacos

If you remove it from the blacklist, every single group/player can place lava with buckets. I got it on the blacklist and everybody can place it except members. Wich i assume is what GRNDPNDR wants.

Please post your groups.yml here

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  9. Offline

GRNDPNDR

Yeah, I dont want members using. I dont want admins using it, I will be the only one able to use lava bucket, BUT I'm trying to figure out how all these permissions work as well, so I'm also trying to figure out why I'm even allowed to use the lava bucket when essentials.* is removed from admins (which prevents them from using lava bucket)

groups.yml
    globalgroups.yml

10. Offline

GRNDPNDR

So, does anyone know why I can use the lava bucket no matter what? This is what I'm really trying to solve here. I made the group "owner" myself. There is nothing that should, by default, allow me to use the lava bucket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.