Solved Essentials signs not working while enabled

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Shadowphax, Nov 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Shadowphax

Issue and information
    I'm currently working on creating a server called NightfallMC. For some reason though, my Essentials signs are not working. I am unable to create any signs using Essentials. I have LWC installed, but even while disabled, I can't create Essentials signs. That's the only plugin I have that has potential to interfere with signs (to my knowledge). I have added the full plugin list below though. Please note that I am opped, and do have permission to create signs. The # symbols are also removed in the Essentials config (seen below). I'm not really sure what to do. I am a bit rusty in server administration, as I retired for a couple years, but all should be working correctly, I believe. Maybe I did something wrong? If anyone knows the solution, I'd really appreciate some help. Thanks!

Additional information
    Essentials config (open)
    Here is the section taken from the Essentials config for signs. Note that all other sections of the config work without issue.
    Code:
    # Essentials Sign Control
    # See http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Sign_Tutorial for instructions on how to use these.
    # To enable signs, remove # symbol. To disable all signs, comment/remove each sign.
    # Essentials colored sign support will be enabled when any sign types are enabled.
    # Color is not an actual sign, it's for enabling using color codes on signs, when the correct permissions are given.

enabledSigns:
      - color
      - balance
      - buy
      - sell
      #- trade
      - free
      - disposal
      - warp
      - kit
      - mail
      - enchant
      #- gamemode
      - heal
      - info
      #- spawnmob
      - repair
      - time
      - weather

# How many times per second can Essentials signs be interacted with per player.
    # Values should be between 1-20, 20 being virtually no lag protection.
    # Lower numbers will reduce the possibility of lag, but may annoy players.
    sign-use-per-second: 4
    Plugins installed (open)
    [​IMG]

2. Offline

OTF Catastrophe

Your config file seems to be fine so I would have to image it would be a compatibility issue with your Essentials version and your server version. Can you make a pastebin of your latest.log file? Also what version if your server?

3. Offline

Shadowphax

I am so sorry. I was expecting to get a notification for someone replying to this thread, but didn't realize I don't automatically watch threads on this forum. However, in the mean time, I did get it working by actually using an updated version. Thank you very much anyway though! I appreciate the offer to help regardless. I'll tag this thread as solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.