Plugin Help Essentials is broken, Need help ASAP

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Redneckgamer316, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Redneckgamer316

So I recently was working with essentials and kitadder when all of a sudden essentials only showed two kits, I went to the plugins folder and found this http://pastebin.com/08fjSLYY and then when I started the server it changed the essentials to a template. I don't know what to do with it and I can't find what is wrong with it.

2. Offline

Boomer

Your server is telling you what is wrong, read your logs. They have yml parsing errors. Any general yaml parser throws this error:

[​IMG]

Its an unexpected character where a 'string data value' is expected - an ampersand by itself, doing nothing...
    Change the join and quit messages temporarily to something that isn't unparseable (an amp is a special character that breaks the parser without quotes..) like simple alphanumerics, and
    [​IMG]

and it no longer is unparseable.
    That is the first step - it must be parseable technically. Second phase is, do the technically correct format changes result in a logical imparsability for the plugin, and you will see that too in your LOG file during the startup sequence, if it chokes on a bad value/construction the plugin cant intepret. If it fires up without parsing errors choking on the file... then its a matter of 'did the change i made do what i wanted done, or did i flub something'

3. Offline

Redneckgamer316

@Boomer It works now thank you for your help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.