ESSENTIALS HELP! please?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Abracadaniel01, Jun 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Abracadaniel01

Ok, so I just purchased a server today, it runs nicely and smooth, but the problem is Essentials doesn't work, and I tried that "Spigoat" link or whatever with the snapshots of essentials. I have spent hours looking for alternatives that don't work. Is there anyway I can get essentials for my current mc version (Im at the most updated one), or when essentials will fix this. PLEASE HELP ME IM REALLY DESPERATE :(

2. Offline

oceantheskatr

Spigot* ;)

What do you refer to as the "latest version"? Need exact server version. Also are you sure that you're on Spigot/Craftbukkit? Or are you running a vanilla Minecraft server? You need something such as Spigot/Craftbukkit to run plugins such as Essentials.

If you're on 1.8 or higher then get Essentials here: https://hub.spigotmc.org/jenkins/job/Spigot-Essentials/
    If you're on 1.7.10 or lower then get it here: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/essentials/

Any other questions then let me know and I'll try my best to help :)

3. Offline

Abracadaniel01

I did that and I clicked the link, it downloaded and I use Fluctis Hosting, and it will not drag into plugins. When I try it simply redownloads it PLEASE HELP ME

4. Offline

oceantheskatr

Drop it in through FTP. If your host uses the Multicraft Panel then You should be able to find something like Files or FTP where you can find your FTP information. Otherwise contact your host and ask how to upload plugins on their service.

5. Offline

JonoSlays

Even better Idea just portforward if your only going to use it for 1-15 people

6. Offline

Abracadaniel01

I'm sorry I'm kind of new at this what's FTP or port forward

7. Offline

oceantheskatr

They have a host, not running their server on their computer.

@Abracadaniel01 Ignore what Jono said about portforwarding. FTP allows you to see all of your server's files and modify/upload/download them.

8. Offline

Abracadaniel01

How do I do that with essentials?

9. Offline

JonoSlays

Yeah but having a host just causes problems you could just portforward and not pay or get annoyed with the hoster

10. Offline

Boomer

FTP is a method of moving files from one computer to another computer
    Your hosting company should have given you FTP credentials to let you use the FTP system to move ANY file from your computer up onto the remote (server) , or pull down from it. You need an FTP Client program, such as Filezilla client, plus those connection credentials from your company

11. Offline

oceantheskatr

Having your server hosted by a company, you do not have to have an amazing computer, you do not have to leave it on 24/7. The amount of power my computer draws monthly is about $30, and I pay $16 a month for an 8GB server to be hosted. That's half the price of having my computer running 24/7. Having it running on your computer, at times it will be very hard to use, as your server can be using your entire processor. You'd need to run it on your computer and use another just to play on it.

There is almost no reason to run a server on your computer unless it's to play with your friends sometimes. If you're serious about getting players on and want to have a good server then it is much more cost-efficient to pay for hosting. It would cost hundreds of dollars to build a computer that would be as good as the machines that are used to host your server, since they use server-grade processors (E-series Intel processors usually) and not to mention yearly power consumption which can be around $600 depending on psu wattage.

OH WAIT! Don't forget about internet! You'd better have damn good internet, and some form of DDOS protection because anyone can go to a DDOSing site, pay $5 and hit you off. Most companies offer 200Gbps or higher DDOS protection, which is usually more than enough to stop any non-dedicated DDOSers.

That seems like a lot of money that you'd have to spend JUST to try and host a 24/7 server on your computer. Be smart and pay for hosting. Just don't choose a stupid host that charges $10/GB. Do research and get one that costs $5 or less, most companies rent machines from OVH and are paying around $2/GB, so why should you have to pay much more? Professional Xen charges only $4/GB and I've been with them for nearly 2 years, absolutely amazing machines and great support. Through a partnership deal I only pay $16 for a 8GB server. I'd prefer to pay that than spend hundreds (even thousands) of dollars to build an even better PC than I already have, and not be able to use it because my server is using 100% of my processor.

Grats.

12. Offline

Boomer

plus the fact that upload speeds from residential services are much slower than download speeds, and everyone else would only be able to download at the limit of your upload speed, and with a lot of players, a lot of traffic, that can get to be mighty limiting as well.

oceantheskatr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.