Plugin Help Essentials doesn't work on Spigot 1.8

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by penaspigot, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

penaspigot

So when I start my server and join it, I get a "Essentials Protect is in emergency mode" in the chat.
    Console: (note that this is just the essentials part and is not the full console log)
    Code:
    [19:43:48 INFO]: [Essentials] Enabling Essentials vTeamCity
    [19:43:48 INFO]: Bukkit version format changed. Version not checked.
    [19:43:48 INFO]: git-Spigot-f928e7a-e91aed8 (MC: 1.8.7)
    [19:43:48 INFO]: 1.8.7-R0.1-SNAPSHOT
    [19:43:48 ERROR]: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.nio.CharBuffer.subSequence(II)Ljava/nio/CharBuffer;
    [19:43:48 ERROR]: Error occurred while enabling Essentials vTeamCity (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onDisable(Essentials.java:348) ~[?:?]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:323) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-e91aed8]
        at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.handleCrash(Essentials.java:747) ~[?:?]
        at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onEnable(Essentials.java:275) ~[?:?]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:321) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-e91aed8]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:340) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-e91aed8]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:405) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-e91aed8]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:356) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-e91aed8]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:316) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-e91aed8]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.s(MinecraftServer.java:418) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-e91aed8]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.k(MinecraftServer.java:382) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-e91aed8]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:337) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-e91aed8]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:256) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-e91aed8]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:528) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-e91aed8]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:695) [?:1.6.0_65]
    [19:43:48 INFO]: [EssentialsProtect] Enabling EssentialsProtect vTeamCity
    [19:43:48 ERROR]: Essentials not installed or failed to load. Essenials Protect is in emergency mode now.
    [19:43:48 INFO]: [EssentialsSpawn] Enabling EssentialsSpawn vTeamCity
    Additional Info:
    I did get the latest version of Essentials from the Jenkins link everybody's talking about.
    I switched my jar from build 1649 to (idk?) because it was causing problems. Essentials worked on build 1649 though...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  2. Offline

jon_r12

latest essentials version wont work with spigot 1.8.7

3. Offline

penaspigot

Oh :(
    When do you think it's gonna update?

4. Offline

BizarrePlatinum

@penaspigot Gonna have to ask the developers on that one, only they can tell you that.

5. Offline

penaspigot

Weiird problems here,
    I switched back to my old build 1649 (which essentials worked on last time) and it's STILL in emergency mode... I sswitched back.

6. Offline

Boomer

The ..nio.Charbuffer is the give-away here.
    Doesn't matter what spigot version you use, the Essentials build was built with a higher java requirement (7) than the java version you are running your server on. Often they try to build plugins with 1.6 compatability but can sometimes slip up , or decide to put their foot down to use new features.
    But thats the reason its not working - your java is 1.6, it needs a higher java version for that plugin

7. Offline

WaterForLiquid

https://hub.spigotmc.org/jenkins/job/Spigot-Essentials/ here this is the download for the essentials same happen to me

8. Offline

Boomer

he is already running that one, as evidenced by ":Team city": version
    The issue is the plugin was built with a higher java version than his server is running

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.