Solved Essentials config.yml keeps resetting.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by jon_r12, Aug 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jon_r12

Hello,
    So I changed some settings in the essentials config.yml file but I think I messed something up in it, i think it was the kits.. I did lots of changes in there too. So I'm asking is there a plugin that resets it or some option in the file that resets it. If I messed up can someone fix the problem I did? But please dont remove the kits if you can fix them that would be very helpful. Also did I set the prices of the kits correct? Or are they wrong too... Thanks who ever helps! :D
    Heres the link to my file: http://pastebin.com/PmTTAfZ4

2. Offline

JaguarJo

Essentials will automatically reset the config by itself if you break the config's formatting.

The biggest problem with your current config is that you added the kits to the wrong area. That part at the end where you put them, that is just supposed to be where you say which kit (if any) a new player receives when they spawn for the first time. You actually define the kits way up in the middle of the config. The kit formatting instructions start on Line 222. Make sure that you keep the same spacing as the example kits that are already there. The kits that you added have their items indented way too far.

In your pricing section, you'll want to remove the # signs from in front of the ones you want enabled.

3. Offline

deep15mine

I see a tools: kit listed and nothing in it for a kit. Might be a problem.

Yes to what JaguarJo said. all those kits should be way up in config.
    To give a kit to someone first joining ( where you need to remove all the kits) you just need to give the name of the kit; like kit: tools or kit: Admin or what ever your kit name is. This is not the kits this just gives permission for the kit.

4. Offline

jon_r12

JaguarJo and deep15mine can you check out my new config file? Thanks for the help but I did what you said but they still wont show up.. it just resets because dtools and tools kit (which i removed) showed up again.
    Heres the link to my new config file: http://pastebin.com/DbgF52FQ
    Thanks!

5. Offline

deep15mine

jon_r12, too may things going on at once!
    1. In your Player-commands: you still have a - kits.tools , remove.
    2. You need to back up a bit and put your kits section back to default and test. Then add in one new kit at a time so you can see which one might be a problem. Any one could have small problem and it would be hard to know which.
    3. I have not used the command-costs; section so I will have to research but what I see doesn't look right to me. I would put that section back to default for now and see if you can get the rest running, then put it back in . Maybe someone else knows the syntax for that command-costs section. Go to http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Essentials_Economy for info on this. Quite different.

If you take a default config from essentials and run that and then add in one thing at a time edited out of this one you should be able to fine the offender quite quickly. good luck...

Also, I believe the kit names are case sensitive so the kit in newbies should be survivor without the cap.

6. Offline

JaguarJo

7. Offline

jon_r12

JaguarJo I copied and pasted from that link you gave me. When I do /kits they show up but when I want to receive the kit it says "Error: That kit is improperly defined. Contact an administrator." Survivor kit works but Vip, Legendary and Platinum kit dont work. Diamond kit works too. Diamond2 kit works but I get that error but I do receive it. Also I didn't pay anything for the kits. Is it cause I'm op or owner? Or that Im in gamemode 1. Thanks in advance!

8. Offline

Necrodoom

jon_r12 in several kits you forgot item amounts, in others you tried to apply invalid enchantments, like bow infinity to armor.
    Fix all of these, retry.

9. Offline

jon_r12

Necrodoom how did I forget the item amount? I put the id like 252 then a number 1 for 1 item. like this - 252 1
    doesn't that work?

also what are the valid enchantments and link or place where I can find them?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  10. Offline

Necrodoom

jon_r12 there's no need to spam alerts by quoting twice as well as tagging.
    Look at platinum kit for example for missing amounts, and minecraft wiki for correct enchants per item.

11. Offline

jon_r12

Necrodoom sorry for the spam. Also I did what you said and this time all the kits show up but the error shows up again and the tools that i placed in them wont show only the food and materials.. Did I mess up the enchants?
    Heres my new config file: http://pastebin.com/8kN6SEF9

12. Offline

Necrodoom

13. Offline

jon_r12

Kit Vip, Legendary, Platinum and Diamond2.

14. Offline

Necrodoom

jon_r12 You are trying to apply enchantments on a hoe, which accepts none according to safe enchants.
    Enable unsafe-enchants in essentials config if you still want these.

15. Offline

jon_r12

Necrodoom Ok I did what you told me it fixed 1 kit but 2 kits still dont work. Platinum and Diamond2 still dont work. Thanks.

16. Offline

Necrodoom

jon_r12 type /ess debug, try spawn kit, paste console please.

17. Offline

jon_r12

18. Offline

Necrodoom

jon_r12 You are attempting to grant items that do not exist as of 1.7.x, being ID 166 and 409.

19. Offline

jon_r12

I removed those and platinum works but diamond2 doesnt

I fixed diamond2 i removed ID 410 too. But the tools wont show when I do /kit the other stuff do. And I get no error. Do I need to add a name: or lore: in the config file at kits?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  20. Offline

Necrodoom

jon_r12 Do another /ess debug check with diamond2 please.

21. Offline

jon_r12

sorry i dont know why but it seems i didnt fix it. The only kit that doesnt work is diamond2. The golden tools wont show up. So i did /ess debug and the command. Heres the log startup: http://pastebin.com/4Rz1JeT5

22. Offline

Necrodoom

jon_r12 according to that log, you still have invalid IDs 166 and 409 in kits.

23. Offline

jon_r12

Thanks so much man! It fixed!! WOOHOO! :D I appreciate your help a LOT! You don't know how happy I am! xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.