Error with Scheduler; unusual error log

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by dibujaron, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

dibujaron

Hey, so i'm once again working on a project. It's generating this error, apparently involving the scheduler, but unlike a usual error report nowhere in it does it contain a package, class, and line number from my plugin. Usually I would use that to isolate the source of the error, but I can't in this case. Anyone got any ideas for this? Plugin and server are running 1.4.7-RO.1 or whatever the latest beta is.[​IMG]

2. Offline

Miner_Fil

Show us the code, What i can see in the error log is java.lang.NullPointerException

3. dibujaron
    Well you should be aware it's a beta and not a recommended and so some things may not work properly, as beta releases do not go through the same rigorous testing as recommended builds.

I'd suggest you trying compiling against the latest recommended build and see if it throws an error then.

4. can you double check you're not submitting a null task?

5. Offline

dibujaron

If you read my full post, you'll see that what i'm asking is i'm not sure where the error is coming from. I mean, obviously the scheduler, but it's not giving me line numbers or anything to give me a clue where to look. thus, the help thread :p

I tested it against a 1.4.6 build and a 1.4.7, 2 different builds, neither worked.

could that be the problem? Tell me more about what that would mean.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  6. I expierented also rare crashes when I accently registered a null listener, maybe this is caused by registering a null task

7. Offline

dibujaron

I don't think that's it; i'm scheduling it as a new Runnable() which is right there with it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.