Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by trollathon, Jan 26, 2011.
Welcome to the forum!
1. How is this Website Feedback/Issue?
2. We'll need some more information. With the current information provided, the best answer I can give would be to figure out what is causing the problem, and fix it. Then everything will work just fine. A more detailed answer will require a more detailed description. Client OS? Server OS? Java version on the client/server systems? CraftBukkit Build #? Plugins installed?
Good, so we've got all the plugins removed, so that rules those out. So we might be looking at map corruption. Try renaming your map folder and fire up the server again, see if it gives the same error.
Also, you might want to try build 141 of CraftBukkit, it's the most recent one that I've personally tested out and most of the builds after that one have all failed.
So you've verified that it is, in fact, the map that's causing it? There are a few things you can do, and I promise you, none of them are fun.... (Well, MCEdit is pretty fun, but that's it.)
1. Say "Screw it" and call it a wash, then start a new map
2. Shut down the server, back up your existing world directory, then delete the first folder from it. Then start up the server again. Rinse and repeat until you've narrowed it down to your liking. MineCraft will automatically regenerate the terrain, minus any user-customization.
3. Shut down the server, back up your existing world directory, and use MCEdit to navigate the map and try deleting whatever chunk is causing the issue, if it's something that you're able to visibly see.
There are two bright red warnings that inform you you're most likely posting in the wrong forum...and yet you still posted here. If you're serious about getting help, you're going to have to help yourself first and then help us help you by showing us the courtesy of reading the things we write. Otherwise our help is pointless, as you won't bother reading it.
Moved from Website Feedback and Issues to Discussion and Support.
Separate names with a comma.