error that keeps showing up wondering if someone can help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by axebyte, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

axebyte

I keep getting this every so many hours, it completely freezes the server, times out everyone. The server does not crash.. just times out all connections. and continues to run this errors line.
    I dont know if its a plugin,bukkit, or something else.. any help on this i would be thankful.
    I thought the error stopped as it ran several days without an issue but sudden restarted again for no apparent reason.

2. Offline

EvilSeph

Please search before asking for help and post in the right section.

3. Offline

axebyte

wow that was so helpful!

search for java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1 gave nothing
    Seach for Sever unexpected error gave me everything ecept the -1 error most dealing with plugins i dont use.

and as for the post being in the wrong place. yeah i see what i did i seen feedback and issues, but for website.. if you could please move :D

4. Offline

EvilSeph

5. Offline

Kane

Hello welcome to the famous 1.1 and 1.2 Pathfinding bug. This is 90% of the time related to Monsters and Farm Animals spawning incorrect. What I get they cause a negative value and some out of range stuff not sure. But I want to let you know this been around a while and no one seams to be able to fix it yet.

Bukkit dev team don't want any part of this and it is not a bukkit issue but you are using bukkit version from your post there.

Vanilla 1.1: at ex.c(SourceFile:101)
    Vanilla 1.2: at fm.c(SourceFile:103)
    Bukkit 1.2: at net.minecraft.server.ChunkCache.getMaterial(SourceFile:103)

Someone did fix this bug in 1.1 but never gave the source but gave the class files and there located at the link below with tons more information!

Bukkit Report: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/critical-smp-bug-plague-some-servers-none-bukkit-bug.949/
    Get Satisfaction Report: http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/t...la_java_lang_arrayindexoutofboundsexception_1

I suggest you move this conversation to these 2 places since most developers and server owners look here.

I also suggest you get your players to vote on the Get Satisfaction Report so it gets more attention!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.