Error Joining my Server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by CryADsisAM, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CryADsisAM

I've been running this server for 4 days now. There have been no problems at all. Today morning I found out I and my brother can't connect to the server anymore. Minecraft gives a long error. See
    the screenshot.

My server.properties file:
    Code:
    #Minecraft server properties
    #Thu Nov 24 13:29:43 EST 2011
    allow-nether=true
    level-name=OnLine
    allow-flight=true
    enable-query=false
    server-port=25565
    enable-rcon=false
    level-seed=
    server-ip=
    white-list=false
    spawn-animals=true
    online-mode=true
    pvp=true
    difficulty=1
    gamemode=0
    max-players=12
    spawn-monsters=true
    view-distance=10
    motd=CryADsisAM's Server
    Error:
    Code:
    Internal client error: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 502 for URL: http://session.minecraft.net/game/joinserver.jsp?user=CryADsisAM&sessionId=-4858316175626431005&serverId=5fce9c25b1c21300
    If I run server with online_mode set to false. It appears its working but I don't want it to be set to false.
    I need help quickly.

2. Offline

brisingre

I just started getting this too. I'm as confused as you are.

3. Offline

PsychicDave

I have been running a server for over a year and the game is also giving me this error message. The problem isn't the server itself or the game program, but a Java IO error trying to access the webpage. Since Online Mode means your account has to be verified before you log into the server, it looks up that URL to verify with the minecraft.net server that your account is valid, but it gives an error 502 which means Bad Gateway. So in other words, the game can't reach that page at the moment due to a networking problem either from Mojang or their service provider, and no server in online mode will work until that is fixed (which we all hope will be soon).

4. Offline

Killburner

The answer is in the error. Translated "the minecraft.net authentication servers are down or aren't accessible".

5. Offline

FlowerBud

It seems that this is not an isolated problem because I am getting the error as well.

6. Offline

Evangon

If you really need to get into the server, turn online-mode to false.
    Beware, hacked/cracked clients can get in.

7. Offline

Sh8kezula

This problem is indeed on minecraft.net's end. Their authentication server is down.

If you do choose to run your server in offline mode. Make sure you are around to keep it safe. Hacked clients can log on and do lots of nasty things.

I recommend whitelisting your server if you go offline.

8. Offline

TnT

Locked the thread - session.minecraft.net servers are/were having difficulty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.