Error 503

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by slicerblade, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

slicerblade

Everytime i put up my server and try to join i either get a "Too long to long in" error or "Error 503 ..."
    Can someone help?

2. Offline

feverdream

That means your system is having trouble connecting to minecraft.net to validate user accounts when you try to log in,

3. Offline

slicerblade

Do you know why?
    My server was fine before.

4. Offline

feverdream

Notch is having stability issues, as he chose to route traffic from every connection to every minecraft server through his account system as part of the pay setup he has.. but has not configured or been an architect to a system that can handle the load.

Basically, its out of your hands and you cant fix it unless the reason you cant connect is due to a slow connection and the saturation of your uplink. Then upgrading your connection to a faster speed will help greatly.

5. Offline

Plague

Oooh I'm gonna write this post down and link it next time, nicely wrapped up.

6. Offline

slicerblade

THANKS!
    My internet connection should be fine because ive been running servers many many times.
    So thanks for the info:)

7. Offline

feverdream

You can turn your server into a different online mode using server.permissions, but that also allows anybody who wants to to connect with no account verification on Notchs side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.