EOS on one world

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by moose517, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

moose517

Ok, this is driving me batty, and also driving away all my players. I have 5 worlds on my server, and they all work fine except for the main world -- called freebuild. whenever players are on this world they get EOS within the first few seconds. If they are on the skylands for example though they can play all they want no problem. The real kicker is my dad and i can play on freebuild all night long and have no problems at all. Anybody had this happen and know a solution?

anybody?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  2. Offline

moose517

Bumping thread again. This is getting really irritating, it turns out its only happening in certain areas of the one world. and only for people not on the LAN at that. my dad and i are fine.

3. Offline

ichingpow

You know why no one helps you? Because you provide no information what so ever. Not even craftbukkit build, hamachi or not, windows? linux?, what plugins, or any console errors.

Fail on your part.

4. Offline

moose517

i don't see how build etc is even relevant when i say that all worlds except for one are fine but one. tells me its not any plugins, nothing with a particular build of craftbukkit or how peole are connecting to me. But whatever. here is the info.

Java: version 6 update 26
    wrappers: none - same deal with Rtoolkit wrapper as well
    craftbukkit build: 1060 - happened with 1000 as well
    launch string: java -Xms8192M -Xmx8192M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:parallelGCThreads=3 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar "craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar"
    plugins:
    [​IMG]

errors:
    Code:
    00:15:55 [INFO] zurginator [/99.10.224.234:51118] logged in with entity id 7914
    at ([freebuild] -199.05707857370257, 80.00133597911214, 204.4347083630426)
    00:17:15 [INFO] Connection reset
    00:17:15 [INFO] zurginator lost connection: disconnect.overflow
    00:17:15 [SEVERE] java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
    00:17:15 [SEVERE]       at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Sourc
    e)
    00:17:15 [SEVERE]       at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
    00:17:15 [SEVERE]       at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Sour
    ce)
    00:17:15 [SEVERE]       at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
    00:17:15 [SEVERE]       at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
    00:17:15 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkWriterThread.run(SourceFi
    le:116)
    what i have tried. i moved the world to another temporary server on my desktop with no plugins and bukkit and it was fine. Moved the world back to the regular server then with no plugins and it crapped out again.

5. Offline

ichingpow

And there you have it. You have too much water or lava in that world. Try typing /removenear 90 water,lava

6. Offline

moose517

how in the hell do you figure it water or lava? i mean i don't doubt you but what gives that away?

7. Offline

ichingpow

Taken from http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/Minecraft_server_FAQ#What_are_the_causes_of_lag.3F from sk89q (a bukkit team member)

Excessive flowing water and lava Water and lava calculation is expensive due to sheer amount of it. However, if there is an excess of flowing water or lava in one area, it will also causes clients to overflow due to the amount of data that has to be sent . A common symptom of this problem is to be overflowed when you approach an area that has the problem (the message in console will be "disconnect.overflow"). You can look at the graph at the bottom of F3 to see if there is an abundance of tall red lines, potentially confirming this problem. Bukkit users can also attempt to use WorldEdit near the area to remove water by using /removenear water 90 and /removenear movingwater 90 repeatedly (as you get nearer). This will result in huge swaths of waterless areas, however, and it may be difficult to do.

See the common symptom part? Now look at your endOfSteam error. disconnect.overflow

8. Offline

moose517

well that sucks, as huge portions of our world is water to begin with. and some of our mega projects use water and lava quite a bit.

well i'm back, on my client i get the large red bars like that, but never a disconnect. one of the players that has the EOS problem really bad has green bars
    [​IMG]

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  9. Offline

vapid2323

I would think that it might have to do with internet speed, all the updates that need to be send back and forth. But then I dont truly understand the details of this one.

10. Offline

moose517

another thought i had, could excessive amounts of chests in one spot totally filled cause it?

11. Offline

ichingpow

No. It's liquids, I'm sure.

12. Offline

moose517

alright, i was just wondering because i went waaaay far away from my current civilization, middle of a giant mass of land and it was still EOS'ing on the players. looks like i'm just gonna delete the world and start over.

13. Offline

moose517

Well i pulled a backup from about 3 weeks ago and put it on in place of the world thats been EOS'ing. that was fine. no player disconnects. So i took that map, edited in our pyramid since we don't wanna lose the progress made in the 3 weeks on that. put the map back on the server. EOS again. the pyramid is just a huge empty space more or less at this point so i can't understand what would cause it other than our storage room connected to it.

14. Offline

moose517

well i finally solved it. i zipped up the entire server plugins and all, sent them to a buddy who has 25/25 FIOS internet... no EOS. so apparantly my internet is failing it. Time to go business cable :D:D can you tell that i'm sad?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.