Enhancing File Relationships Feature

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by pokepal101, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

pokepal101

I notice that BukkitDev allows for files to, using the Relationships page, specify dependencies.

The problem I have with this feature is that it only allows you to specify a particular project. The dependencies I have for my files are within my project. Eg:
    • exLog JSON 0.0.2-alpha (a file) depends on exLog Core 0.0.1-palpha (another file).
    I cannot do this using the current Relationships functionality, as it only allows me to specify a whole project as a dependency, not individual files/components or versions.
    This would be a nice feature to have, so that I don't have to list everything in the Changelog/Caveats section, neither of which seems like a particularly great place for dependency information.

2. Offline

chaseoes

If they are separate plugins they should be in separate projects.

3. Offline

pokepal101

They're not so much separate plugins. They are each optional components of the core logging framework (+API). It's a bit like Bukkit and its plugin architecture: it doesn't make sense to me to have JSON, NBT, binary, text, SQL, H2, SQLite, block logging, mob logging, item logging, redstone logging, chat logging, command logging and WorldEdit logging all together in one huge jar file with one huge config file, if 99% of your users are going to use about 2 of the items in the list.

It's been applied to other kinds of mods (RedPower is one I can think of), I'm just applying it to a logging framework.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.