Filled Emoticons! <3

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by C0nsole, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Offline

C0nsole

Suggested name: Emoticons

What I want: So, recently on my server I saw someone using little music signs (♫) and hearts (❤) just like that in the server chat. This sort of enlightened me as far as the possibilities of the good things you can do in chat that arent stupid like <3, : D, and : )

What I want is a plugin that makes it so when someone writes <3, it puts in the little heart. When someone writes : D or : ) (no spaces of course, thats just so they dont pop up on the forum post) it transforms it into the little graphic. there would have to be a bunch of different ways the plugin would take it, like with xD, XD, DX, Dx, : ), : D, D :, ) : ( AS WELL AS those last 4 with no spaces) etc.

Ideas for commands:

• /emoticons reload
    • /emoticons list
    Ideas for permissions:

• emoticons.use
    When I'd like it by: Take your time. As you can tell my server isn't really going to be dependent on this.

2. Offline

foodyling

Define what you mean by graphic; do you mean a character?

3. Offline

C0nsole

I assume that is what it is.

4. Offline

FireBreath14

thats a kewl idea :O

5. Offline

sehrgut42

The emoticon faces wouldn't be possible, since there are no Unicode characters for them. Things like musical notes and hearts are Unicode characters, and you can just paste them in. You could easily have a chat engine doing search and replace for things like BBCode ":notes:" or something, but you wouldn't have access to actual graphics without a client mod.

Also, this plugin exists here:

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/smileys/

A fuller-featured chat plugin that includes this functionality is:

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/chat-tweaks/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  6. Offline

C0nsole

sehrgut42 likes this.