[EDIT/MISC/TP/FUN] Multiverse 2.3- World Management [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Multiverse, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Multiverse

This plugin is still VERY alive.
    If you guys haven't heard yet, we're now going to be doing the help on DBO (dev.bukkit.org) Our pages are here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-portals/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-netherportals/

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Feature Requests go in the appropriate Github Issues section. See below.
    Post Bug Reports In the thread
    or join IRC at #multiverse on EsperNet

Multiverse 2 - World Creation/Management/Teleportation & More​
    Current Version: 2.2-AB

Description
    Multiverse 2 is a ground up rewrite of the popular Multiverse plugin for CraftBukkit. There are many new features, the biggest one being the much better usability and cleaner code! MV2 has been in the works for over 2 months and given the size of it, the developers are confident that you'll find a small bug or two. Please come into our IRC channel and discuss politely with us and we'll get it resolved quick-fastly!

Looking for the old version that runs on CraftBukkit 1000? We don't have it anymore :( Here's an archive of the old help post. If you're a new user, we REALLY recommend using Multiverse 2..

The Multiverse Team:
    Developers:
    @Rigby90 - The Multiverse God. 'nuff said
    @fernferret - Coding Person. Don't ask him about P2/P3 or Error 199.
    @lithium3141 - Utility coder or crazy math dude. You decide.
    @main-- - Is this his forum account? Localization person and MV-Adventure dev!

Documenters:
    @Elizacat
    @AkiTensai
    @Xanipher

Testers (official I know a bunch of you have helped, thanks!):
    @jonDatz
    @jfulleton

Want to Try before you buy(er, download for free)?
    Check out the official Multiverse 2 test server: beta.zomgameservers.com

Some of the MV2 Features:
    • Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
    • Create portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations
    • PermissionsBukkit support (Anything that implements the superperms api (PermBukkit, PEX, bPerms...)
    • iConomy, BOSEconomy, RealEcon, Essentials Econ and Item economy support!
    • Show which users are in what worlds
    • Create portals to let users go between worlds
    • Control who can enter worlds/portals with permissions!
    • World scaling with NetherPortals
    • Allow minecarts/boats through portals
    • Launch users through the air when they enter a portal!
    • Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
    • And the list goes on...
    Requirements

This plugin requires CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1+

The Dev versions Require CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1

Need help? Check out our AWESOME Wikis!
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Downloads:
    Core Downloads
    (Stable Builds | Dev Builds)

Portals Downloads

NetherPortals Downloads

SignPortals Downloads

Why multiple Downloads?
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Plugins-of-Multiverse-2

Want to use bleeding edge?
    Grab live builds from ci.onarandombox.com

FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions)

How do I make portals:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Portals/wiki/Basic-portal-tutorial

How do I separate world inventories?:
    Use the plugin named MultiInv

People can't log into my 1060 Bukkit Server!:
    Are you using spout? If so, you need to upgrade it to a dev version or disable it until those guys release a 1060 compatible version.

How do I know if I'm running CB XXXX or higher?:
    Type /version. The number here is your CB version:
    This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-980-g4ed23b1-b1060jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    Please check that this version is the same as one of those in the title of the post.

More Up-To-Date FAQ:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/FAQ

Commands, Syntax & Permissions:
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Known Issues:
    Core Issues
    Portals Issues
    NetherPortals Issues
    SignPortals Issues

Changelog:

Changelogs present on each file on DBO.

Version 2.0
    • Release the Multiverse 2 Suite
    1.X changelog (For posterity)

Show Spoiler

Version 1.7.2
    • Now allow you to mvmodify worlds with _s
    Version 1.7.1

• Added ability to do seeded world creation via: /mvcreate WORLD ENV SEED
    • Now allow you to import/create worlds with _s
    • Automatically import your DEFAULTWORLD_nether world
    • Add the /mvenvironments command to help you determine what valid environments are!
    • Other nifty bugfixes
    Version 1.7

• Skylands is now supported as an Environment/Biome Type
    • The plugin should now support any custom Environment/Biomes which are added to CraftBukkit in the future without an update from Multiverse.
    • Fixed the 'Kick on Teleport' issue.
    Version 1.6.4

• Fixed 0 Price Portals
    • Fixed a bug with new Portals
    • Updated for iConomy 5 (You will need to update to iCo 5)
    • Improved the PVP Setup
      • Now you no longer have to set the server.properties PVP variable to true... this is now completely done via the worlds config and properly stops PVP rather than preventing the damage from being applied.
    Version 1.6.3

• Update for Minecraft 1.5 and CraftBukkit build 733
    Version 1.6.2

• Contains updates/features which were introduced in 1.5
    Version 1.6 - Thanks to 'fernferret'

• Updated for CB Builds 600+
    Version 1.5 - Permissions 2.1+ - (V1.5 - 02/03/2011)[/U]

• Fixed whitelist/blacklisting once and for all :), thanks to @ledhead900
    • Add permission node 'multiverse.portal.exempt' -- Basically means they don't have to pay the cost of the portal... this is useful for Donors and such.
    • Updated to use iConomy 4.1 -- Would be great if I can get feedback on this... as usual I can only test solo.
    Version 1.4 - Permissions 2.0 & 2.1 - (V1.4 - 26/02/2011 - 01:11 AM GMT)

• Should be easier on high pop servers now
      • Only checks if a player is within a Portal everytime he changes BLOCK Coordinate instead of every single pixel footstep he/she takes.
    • Now Supports Permissions 2.1 -- Both 2.1 and 2.0 support have seperate JARs, so get the right one.
      • Also commands are properly disabled when a Permissions plugin is not found and it will alert the player trying to use the Command.
    Version 1.3 - Permissions 2.0 - (V1.3 - 24/02/2011 - 02:31 AM GMT)

• Removed the 'Stupidly Long Constructor'
    • Fixed an error which was loading portals that were on a non existent world which caused errors later on.
    Version 1.2.2 - (V1.2.2 - 23/02/2011 - 03:05 AM GMT)

• Nothing much just updated so it works with Minecraft Beta 1.3, I suggest you don't use a lower Multiverse build than v1.2.2 otherwise it won't work and errors will occur.
    Version 1.2.1 - (V1.2.1 - 20/02/2011 - 23:35 PM GMT)

• Changed over to the new Entity Damage...

[​IMG]

TGF, maino, aTxT and 58 others like this.
  2. Offline

Kaikz

Just me, or am I getting random block placements around my main map?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There's pieces of obsidian with the [mv] world signs placed randomly around the map too.
    Bukkit b298, MultiVerse 0.4, I believe.

3. Offline

Rigby90

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I can't say I've seen this however I don't believe it's the plugin causing the issue, will look into it although by looks of things its a CraftBukkit problem.

Only thing I've seen similar to this is what one of your players mentioned in the screenshot, I had some squids in the Nether but as i got closer they dissappeared. So my guess is it was the client not fully updating.

Apart from the portal... are these blocks *actually* there as in... what happens if you log out then back in are they still there and can you destroy the blocks and pick them up?

Just asking because sometimes the client doesn't fully update.

4. Offline

Dreadreaver

okay sir ;)
    so nether on my server has to wait until you implement this

5. Offline

Kaikz

I could log out and back in and they'd still be there, and I don't know about picking them up, I was using super pickaxe to remove them. Although, if I removed just one portal block, it'd remove all connected to it. The cobble/obsidian on the other hand, I could pick up, and they just acted like normal blocks.

6. Offline

teppanyaki

I have Permissions 2.0, this problem still exists, and I have no idea how to work around it. I've reinstalled it at least 3 times. Same issue, same error.

7. Offline

Rigby90

Only other thing I can suggest then is you take a print screen of your plugins directory and upload it, as the sever log states its not loading, maybe you've placed the permissions plugin file in the wrong directory etc.

8. Offline

teppanyaki

9. Offline

Rigby90

Ok looking at that screenshot its showing that Permissions.jar is in the directory but for some reason its not loading... even iConomy is failing due to Permissions not being enabled.

Can you try downloading Permissions via the zip and extracting it just incase the JAR is corrupt or something.

http://mirror.nexua.org/Permissions/2.0/Permissions.zip

Make sure that whatever user you are using to run the minecraft server, that it also has the rights to read the Permissions.jar file.
    --- merged: Feb 11, 2011 3:41 AM ---
    Just noticed, LWC isn't even loading either... its looking more and more like the account you are using to start up the CraftBukkit server doesnt have the rights to read some of the files within the directory. (I may also be wrong :))

10. Offline

teppanyaki

Then I will SUDO It. Furthermore, testing now.

EDIT: Same event. Multiverse just simply isn't running. Everything was running smoothly before Permissions 2 and Multiverse, however.

11. Offline

Rigby90

MultiVerse is loading, it's just disabling itself because theres no permissions system present to manage who can use certain commands. Your screenshot even proves this by the following lines -
    Code:
    [MultiVerse] Permission system not enabled. Disabling plugin.
    [MultiVerse] - Disabled
    The sole problem lies in the fact that Permissions is not loading or enabling. So there is something wrong there.

Feel free to zip up your server contents (Without the map) and send it my way.

12. Offline

ChaosAlchemyst

Whenever I try to execute a command, It logs me off with a connection reset error? What am I doing wrong?

13. Offline

Rigby90

Outdated CraftBukkit by sounds of things...

Can you pastebin your server log, will help find the problem.

14. Offline

ChaosAlchemyst

uhhh. lol I'm a server noob. Do you just want the serverlog? or is there a particular proce4ss?

edit: Oops. It looks like i accidentally moved my old backup build into my server. Sorry about that. Thanks for your time though.

15. Offline

Rigby90

yeh http://www.pastebin.com the server.log file.

Don't post the contents here because it'll no doubt be quite long.
    --- merged: Feb 11, 2011 4:41 AM ---
    No worries glad you got it working :)

Sorry? I'm confused at what you mean.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  16. Offline

necival

Thanks Rigby90 for this awesome plugin!

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned since I only read through page 2, but I love the idea of being able to set the portal's destination, but I don't think X Y Z will be enough, something like WORLD X Y Z DIRECTION ... that way the multiverse plugin could also do portal-portal jumps within the same world as well.

I think having a portal flat file / db would be best obviously. (its in your to do list, I know)
    but heres some properties i would like to see in the file:

portal:
    portal id:
    [UNIQUE PID]
    destination:
    [WORLD] [X] [Y] [Z] [ORIENTATION] // direction is included in warps, so why not?
    [WORLD] // this is how it currently works, world.spawn
    [PORTAL ID] // it would just grab the location of the destination portal
    [WARP] // this would allow you to set a warp location as a destination... but warps need multi-world support (last I checked, they dont have it)
    price:
    [PRICE]
    permissions:
    [GROUPS and/or USERS]

thats all I can think of for now... oh and my original map got random chunk replacements (not missing, but actual regenerated, minable, new chunks)... not sure where that fault lies since i installed craftbukkit and all related plugins to run this plugin :) thought i would mention it though.
    --- merged: Feb 11, 2011 6:05 AM ---
    my log file is riddled with these:

java.io.EOFException
    at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readUByte(GZIPInputStream.java:224)
    at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readUShort(GZIPInputStream.java:214)
    at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readHeader(GZIPInputStream.java:153)
    at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(GZIPInputStream.java:75)
    at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(GZIPInputStream.java:85)
    at net.minecraft.server.CompressedStreamTools.a(SourceFile:8)
    at net.minecraft.server.ChunkLoader.a(SourceFile:48)
    at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.e(ChunkProviderServer.java:119)
    at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.d(ChunkProviderServer.java:60)
    at net.minecraft.server.PlayerInstance.<init>(PlayerInstance.java:33)
    at net.minecraft.server.PlayerManager.a(PlayerManager.java:35)
    at net.minecraft.server.PlayerManager.c(PlayerManager.java:144)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.b(ServerConfigurationManager.java:99)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:243)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:232)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:72)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:104)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:310)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:225)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)

i'm pretty sure thats when its replacing the chunks with new chunks. again... i dont know if that is multiverse... maybe you know?

17. Offline

Rigby90

I've had those issues before even without MultiVerse, it's something within SMP or CraftBukkit as far as I'm aware.

Will still take a look, hopefully whatever it is can and will be fixed :p.

18. Offline

virtex

the Random block issue i had too... i actually moved Craftbukkit, minecraft_server.jar to a new folder and started over from scratch and haven't had a problem since... i think it's something with the world and craftbukkit versions
    --- merged: Feb 11, 2011 6:12 AM ---
    hey is there anyway Multiverse can make a world stay day or night ? since they have different cycles i was just wondering. would be kinda cool, i know theres addons that do it but im not sure how they would work with different worlds

19. Offline

Rigby90

Can definitely look into it, but as with most of the major features it probs won't make it in till 1.0+.

I don't intend to release any new versions till 1.0 is finished... it should hopefully bring a lot more features to the table.

20. Offline

virtex

Thats cool, was just wondering... i think it would be cool to have some visible variation in the worlds... like always day or always night rather than just having multiple worlds that are all more or less the same. i've still not been able to recreate the random blocks appearing on the map issue... and i'm almost running every plugin i was before... the only one that i haven't put back in is worldedit... tho i removed it from my last server and it still was having issues with random blocks appearing.

21. Offline

RustyDagger

Any Eta on Restricting Groups From Worlds Im having issues with world guards protection i made a sealed box and protected it and some how it had holes in it this morning im a tad confused about that Made it bed rock now lets see them brake that any way the reason im asking is cause if you had group restricted wolds i could just give the new players their own world and not be worried about locking them up.

From what i understand now i could remove all /spawn systems bar MV and MV would allow my users to use /mvspawn to go to spawn? of the world they are in?

if thats the case props to you thats win.

also another feature that would be nice is a world size cap like border guard but for each world.

just imagine 5 or so worlds could fill some hdd space pretty fast. limiting them in size would be very handy.

22. Offline

Rigby90

To be honest I wasn't going to restrict groups until 1.0 but if it's causing you that much grief I can try work on a simple implementation sometime tomorrow. (Either way I have to come up with the method, so a couple days sooner won't hurt)

That section of the plugin wasn't designed to replace other spawn systems... more of a temporary fix till they all update to multi-worlds. But yes it can do that if you want it to :).

Make sure you've done /mvsetspawn in the areas you want them to teleport to tho, otherwise they'll go to the Vanilla SMP spawn area.
    --- merged: Feb 11, 2011 6:30 AM ---
    Just looking through the thread and found this, can't remember if I replied.

It's not possible as the sounds are handled client side, maybe in the future though.

23. Offline

necival

just ask those plugin dev to add world support :p
    --- merged: Feb 11, 2011 6:41 AM ---
    i did have worldedit, i'll try removing it and rolling back the server. maybe thats it

24. Offline

shadydeath999

link to iconomy of multi verse doesnt work anymore+ u end up at a random location in the noraml world while leaving the nether and when entering you dont end up ad the mvspawn you set

running build 304

25. Offline

Rigby90

What verson of MultiVerse are you running?

What plugins are you running on the server?

26. Offline

sosinet

There's a way to disable the monsters in the multiworld?

27. Offline

Eggplant!

From the original post:

28. Offline

shadydeath999

running the latest multiverse no plugins added since i updated from 289 to 304

29. Just a suggestion for future updates..

Are you able to make a seperate "config" file for each world folder? In this config file would contain the following:
    1. World name of course..
    2. Max players
    3. Allowed groups
    4. Allowed plugin commands.. In way of listing by plugin? (explained underneath)

So it would read line for line like so:
    mv-name=world
    mv-maxplay=10
    mv-groups=Admin,Moderator
    mv-plugins=Towny,Spells etc etc just like hey0!

Just a suggestion of something that may work or trigger a thought on something "similar". Hope it helps!

30. Offline

Rigby90

When a world is created all this information is then stored into the multiverse.yml config. I may seperate it out into its own config and just leave that config for general options to enable disable.

However looking there I never thought of adding a maximum player per world... might come in useful, so will look into implementing that as well :).

The 'mv-plugins' options however will no doubt be a no go, I doubt you'll be able to disable a plugin per world.
    --- merged: Feb 11, 2011 2:26 PM ---
    Will have a look at this, although just to verify... the problem is the following...

When MultiVerse is enabled to work with iConomy and charge the user on teleport... it teleports the player to a random and wrong location...

Am I safe in saying with the iConomy option disabled... it teleports the user to the correct location???

If so, can you re-download the latest version and try again... I made an error when uploading one of the updates yesterday so unless you grabbed the update before I could change over the files correctly you may of downloaded the one with a mistake in it.

31. Offline

shadydeath999

ok ill test both and leave the report

test 1 with iconomy disabled: no diferance still apear in nether on a not by me defined lacation a bit away from the spawn i setted

test 2 reinstalled multiverse: result end up good test result is positive