[EDIT/MISC/TP/FUN] Multiverse 2.3- World Management [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Multiverse, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Multiverse

This plugin is still VERY alive.
    If you guys haven't heard yet, we're now going to be doing the help on DBO (dev.bukkit.org) Our pages are here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-portals/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-netherportals/

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Feature Requests go in the appropriate Github Issues section. See below.
    Post Bug Reports In the thread
    or join IRC at #multiverse on EsperNet

Multiverse 2 - World Creation/Management/Teleportation & More​
    Current Version: 2.2-AB

Description
    Multiverse 2 is a ground up rewrite of the popular Multiverse plugin for CraftBukkit. There are many new features, the biggest one being the much better usability and cleaner code! MV2 has been in the works for over 2 months and given the size of it, the developers are confident that you'll find a small bug or two. Please come into our IRC channel and discuss politely with us and we'll get it resolved quick-fastly!

Looking for the old version that runs on CraftBukkit 1000? We don't have it anymore :( Here's an archive of the old help post. If you're a new user, we REALLY recommend using Multiverse 2..

The Multiverse Team:
    Developers:
    @Rigby90 - The Multiverse God. 'nuff said
    @fernferret - Coding Person. Don't ask him about P2/P3 or Error 199.
    @lithium3141 - Utility coder or crazy math dude. You decide.
    @main-- - Is this his forum account? Localization person and MV-Adventure dev!

Documenters:
    @Elizacat
    @AkiTensai
    @Xanipher

Testers (official I know a bunch of you have helped, thanks!):
    @jonDatz
    @jfulleton

Want to Try before you buy(er, download for free)?
    Check out the official Multiverse 2 test server: beta.zomgameservers.com

Some of the MV2 Features:
    • Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
    • Create portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations
    • PermissionsBukkit support (Anything that implements the superperms api (PermBukkit, PEX, bPerms...)
    • iConomy, BOSEconomy, RealEcon, Essentials Econ and Item economy support!
    • Show which users are in what worlds
    • Create portals to let users go between worlds
    • Control who can enter worlds/portals with permissions!
    • World scaling with NetherPortals
    • Allow minecarts/boats through portals
    • Launch users through the air when they enter a portal!
    • Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
    • And the list goes on...
    Requirements

This plugin requires CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1+

The Dev versions Require CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1

Need help? Check out our AWESOME Wikis!
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Downloads:
    Core Downloads
    (Stable Builds | Dev Builds)

Portals Downloads

NetherPortals Downloads

SignPortals Downloads

Why multiple Downloads?
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Plugins-of-Multiverse-2

Want to use bleeding edge?
    Grab live builds from ci.onarandombox.com

FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions)

How do I make portals:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Portals/wiki/Basic-portal-tutorial

How do I separate world inventories?:
    Use the plugin named MultiInv

People can't log into my 1060 Bukkit Server!:
    Are you using spout? If so, you need to upgrade it to a dev version or disable it until those guys release a 1060 compatible version.

How do I know if I'm running CB XXXX or higher?:
    Type /version. The number here is your CB version:
    This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-980-g4ed23b1-b1060jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    Please check that this version is the same as one of those in the title of the post.

More Up-To-Date FAQ:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/FAQ

Commands, Syntax & Permissions:
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Known Issues:
    Core Issues
    Portals Issues
    NetherPortals Issues
    SignPortals Issues

Changelog:

Changelogs present on each file on DBO.

Version 2.0
    • Release the Multiverse 2 Suite
    1.X changelog (For posterity)

Show Spoiler

Version 1.7.2
    • Now allow you to mvmodify worlds with _s
    Version 1.7.1

• Added ability to do seeded world creation via: /mvcreate WORLD ENV SEED
    • Now allow you to import/create worlds with _s
    • Automatically import your DEFAULTWORLD_nether world
    • Add the /mvenvironments command to help you determine what valid environments are!
    • Other nifty bugfixes
    Version 1.7

• Skylands is now supported as an Environment/Biome Type
    • The plugin should now support any custom Environment/Biomes which are added to CraftBukkit in the future without an update from Multiverse.
    • Fixed the 'Kick on Teleport' issue.
    Version 1.6.4

• Fixed 0 Price Portals
    • Fixed a bug with new Portals
    • Updated for iConomy 5 (You will need to update to iCo 5)
    • Improved the PVP Setup
      • Now you no longer have to set the server.properties PVP variable to true... this is now completely done via the worlds config and properly stops PVP rather than preventing the damage from being applied.
    Version 1.6.3

• Update for Minecraft 1.5 and CraftBukkit build 733
    Version 1.6.2

• Contains updates/features which were introduced in 1.5
    Version 1.6 - Thanks to 'fernferret'

• Updated for CB Builds 600+
    Version 1.5 - Permissions 2.1+ - (V1.5 - 02/03/2011)[/U]

• Fixed whitelist/blacklisting once and for all :), thanks to @ledhead900
    • Add permission node 'multiverse.portal.exempt' -- Basically means they don't have to pay the cost of the portal... this is useful for Donors and such.
    • Updated to use iConomy 4.1 -- Would be great if I can get feedback on this... as usual I can only test solo.
    Version 1.4 - Permissions 2.0 & 2.1 - (V1.4 - 26/02/2011 - 01:11 AM GMT)

• Should be easier on high pop servers now
      • Only checks if a player is within a Portal everytime he changes BLOCK Coordinate instead of every single pixel footstep he/she takes.
    • Now Supports Permissions 2.1 -- Both 2.1 and 2.0 support have seperate JARs, so get the right one.
      • Also commands are properly disabled when a Permissions plugin is not found and it will alert the player trying to use the Command.
    Version 1.3 - Permissions 2.0 - (V1.3 - 24/02/2011 - 02:31 AM GMT)

• Removed the 'Stupidly Long Constructor'
    • Fixed an error which was loading portals that were on a non existent world which caused errors later on.
    Version 1.2.2 - (V1.2.2 - 23/02/2011 - 03:05 AM GMT)

• Nothing much just updated so it works with Minecraft Beta 1.3, I suggest you don't use a lower Multiverse build than v1.2.2 otherwise it won't work and errors will occur.
    Version 1.2.1 - (V1.2.1 - 20/02/2011 - 23:35 PM GMT)

• Changed over to the new Entity Damage...

[​IMG]

TGF, maino, aTxT and 58 others like this.
  2. Suffocating shouldn't be an issue if you have set the target with "/mvpd here", right? Originally my target ground was 2 x 2 in size but it felt inconvenient that i couldn't set portal to spawn in the middle of it, so i had to make them 3 x 3. It's not too big deal but normal portal bottom is also 4 x 1 in size and you can't come out from the middle without floating point.

If we assume server admin is not manually editing the portals file, is there still some other buggy behaviour with bukkit that causes players to spawn "almost" where coordinates tell and suffocate?

3. Offline

Shinobi

All I get is "You don't have the rights to access this command" And I'm in the Admins group, with permissions set to '*'
    Other mods let me edit stuff.. What am I doing wrong?

4. Offline

Rigby90

Pastebin your server startup log I guess, have you got the admin permission for every world etc?

5. Offline

leetgamer

Does this work with build 531? I saw on your post it still points to 440 o I wanted to make sure.

6. Offline

Rigby90

Basically if the player uses /mvpd here and we used FLOAT etc... what can happen is when the player spawns there half of him is inside a block and half isnt... the player will start suffocating and taking damage... But wait a minute... the safe Teleport said it was safe.... well yeh because it checks if theres 2 blocks on top of each other which are air to spawn the player in... the map works in blocks but the player doesnt, the player can be half in a block and half out... so the block which we checked maybe safe but the other block which hes half in (PERHAPS LAVA) is not... so he starts taking damage.

Using Float just leads to problems full stop which I'd rather not deal with... an example is attached image wise. For instance if the 3 brown blocks were Sand you would suffocate... if it was lava you would burn... however the white spot is safe so you were allowed to spawn there... and this because of the following.

In that example the coordinates is roughly - (No point adding the y coordinate as its a top down image :))

x:3.9
    z:2.9

So we checked the block at coordinates -

x:3
    z:2

I guess this could be fixed by also checking -

x:3
    z:3

x:4
    z:2

x:4
    z:3

However this adds 3 extra checks in this example... 6 in game due to the player taking 2 y coordinates.

May not seem like much... but if that first area is blocked we're then performing this test constantly and instead of looking for a space that is just 2 blocks safe... we're now looking for a space which is 8 blocks safe in a square.

Now then I could be over thinking/complicating things here, but this is why I just kept it simple and teleported you to the center of the given coordinate because otherwise it just causes more hassle more checks etc.
    [MERGETIME="1299970807"][/MERGETIME]
    Yeh it does, just havent updated the OP because nothings changed really.
    [MERGETIME="1299970953"][/MERGETIME]
    Just updated the OP to reflect the latest RB and such, thanks for the kick up the backside :).

Attached Files:

7. Offline

leetgamer

Haha sorry, thanks for the great plugin though!

8. Offline

Waffletastic

How to I set up whitelisting per world? And is there an ingame command to add people to World Whitelists?

9. Offline

JeremyLeory96

Does anybody know when bukkit will fix the issue

My server is a bit dependent on this whole multiworld thing and it is annoying my memebers :(

10. Offline

Rigby90

It's currently not possible to do it from within the game via commands.
    Code:
    playerBlacklist: g:default,
    playerWhitelist: 
    Basically the default group won't be allowed into this world.
    Code:
    playerBlacklist: g:default, Dole
    playerWhitelist: Bob
    The default group is not allowed in, but Bob who is in the default group is allowed in. Also in this example Dole is not in any group but hes also not allowed in... etc... Basically prefix groups with 'g:'
    [MERGETIME="1299973812"][/MERGETIME]
    hmm, isn't this issue fixed yet? I think I may of forgot to update the OP.

11. Offline

JeremyLeory96

Its not fixed for me... i might need to update craftbukkit

12. I find it acceptable. At the moment of "/mvpd here" player himself is standing in that spot - meaning it is safe to teleport to. It is unheard of that portal destinations change. To fill portal destination with dirt would be pretty bad grieving and will never happen on any decent server. Portals should always be placed so that they are safe from all such land changes. I mean, if you would have players that can fill your portals with random obsidian blocks here and there you have much bigger problems at hand.

13. Offline

ehushagen

It must be a craftbukkit issue. I've got Recommended Build #431 running on my server with the latest v1.5 of MultiVerse, and I haven't got any issues.

14. Offline

Jaiden207

15. Offline

Waffletastic

Is there aw way to block users from using certain portals besides blacklisting worlds?

16. Offline

JasonMarquez

I'm having an issue with MultiVerse. Yesterday the server was running fine with no problems, the portals were working. I get online the next day and whenever I do any command involving MultiVerse, I get an Internal Problem occuring.

I went to the Server log and this is what I find, I hope this helps. (btw, I used the sign method to make portals):

Code:
    2011-03-13 02:55:55 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.3
    2011-03-13 02:55:55 [INFO] Loading properties
    2011-03-13 02:55:55 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    2011-03-13 02:55:55 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-493-g8b5496e-b493jnks (MC: 1.3)
    2011-03-13 02:55:55 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    2011-03-13 02:55:55 [INFO] Preparing start region
    2011-03-13 02:55:56 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 73%
    2011-03-13 02:55:57 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Permissions Found
    2011-03-13 02:55:57 [INFO] [MultiVerse] - Version 1.5 (Permissions 2.1+) Enabled
    2011-03-13 02:55:57 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Loading World & Settings - 'world' - NORMAL
    2011-03-13 02:55:57 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Loading World & Settings - 'hellworld' - NETHER
    2011-03-13 02:55:58 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Loading World & Settings - 'world4' - NORMAL
    2011-03-13 02:55:58 [INFO] [MultiVerse] 3 - World(s) loaded.
    2011-03-13 02:55:58 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Loading Portals
    2011-03-13 02:55:58 [INFO] [MultiVerse] 0 - Portal(s) loaded.
    2011-03-13 02:55:59 [SEVERE] java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.lang.String loading GroupManager v1.0(alpha-2) (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.lang.String
        at org.anjocaido.groupmanager.dataholder.WorldDataHolder.load(WorldDataHolder.java:578)
        at org.anjocaido.groupmanager.dataholder.worlds.WorldsHolder.loadWorld(WorldsHolder.java:358)
        at org.anjocaido.groupmanager.dataholder.worlds.WorldsHolder.initialWorldLoading(WorldsHolder.java:68)
        at org.anjocaido.groupmanager.dataholder.worlds.WorldsHolder.initialLoad(WorldsHolder.java:63)
        at org.anjocaido.groupmanager.dataholder.worlds.WorldsHolder.<init>(WorldsHolder.java:56)
        at org.anjocaido.groupmanager.GroupManager.onEnable(GroupManager.java:73)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:118)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:414)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:187)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:83)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:61)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    2011-03-13 02:55:59 [INFO] ?eLoaded Essentials build 2.0.286 maintained by Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo and ceulemans.
    2011-03-13 02:55:59 [INFO] Loaded EssentialsHome build 2.0.272 by Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, and snowleo
    2011-03-13 02:56:00 [INFO] Loaded EssentialsProtect build 2.0.286 maintained by Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo and ceulemans.
    2011-03-13 02:56:00 [INFO] file:/home/jaso0189/minecraft/plugins/GroupManager.jar!/plugin.yml
    2011-03-13 02:56:00 [INFO] Fake Permissions version 2.5 is enabled!
    2011-03-13 02:56:00 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Found Permissions 2.1, enabling commands.
    2011-03-13 02:56:00 [INFO] Loaded EssentialsChat build 2.0.286 by Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo and ceulemans.
    2011-03-13 02:56:00 [INFO] Loaded EssentialsSpawn build 2.0.286 maintained by Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo and ceulemans.
    2011-03-13 02:56:00 [INFO] Done (0.493s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    2011-03-13 02:56:00 [INFO] Error: Only in-game players can use ping.
    2011-03-13 02:56:07 [INFO] 143 recipes
    2011-03-13 02:56:07 [INFO] JasonMarquez [/118.137.234.173:6571] logged in with entity id 342
    2011-03-13 02:56:07 [WARNING] Missing a prefix or suffix for default
    2011-03-13 02:56:17 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to MultiVerse
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.anjocaido.groupmanager.permissions.NijikoPermissionsProxy.getGroup(NijikoPermissionsProxy.java:241)
        at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVTeleport.canEnterWorld(MVTeleport.java:346)
        at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(MVPlayerListener.java:302)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:155)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:225)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:123)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:357)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
    2011-03-13 02:56:25 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to MultiVerse
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.anjocaido.groupmanager.permissions.NijikoPermissionsProxy.getGroup(NijikoPermissionsProxy.java:241)
        at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVTeleport.canEnterWorld(MVTeleport.java:346)
        at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(MVPlayerListener.java:302)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:155)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:225)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:123)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
    2011-03-13 02:56:44 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'mvlist' in plugin MultiVerse v1.5 (Permissions 2.1+)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:33)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:80)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:183)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:619)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:582)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:576)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.anjocaido.groupmanager.permissions.NijikoPermissionsProxy.permission(NijikoPermissionsProxy.java:230)
        at org.anjocaido.groupmanager.permissions.NijikoPermissionsProxy.has(NijikoPermissionsProxy.java:224)
        at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MultiVerse.onCommand(MultiVerse.java:278)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:31)
        ... 12 more

17. Offline

melenkurio

I have a problem i set up the world using the tutorials and it seems to work fine first but if i try to place blocks or destroy blocks in the nether they instantly despawn / respawn as if i have no rights to build.. How can i give myself rights to build in the new world?

18. Offline

Rigby90

Currently no, this will be implemented in one of the newer versions for custom portals. Wouldn't exactly work with sign portals.
    [MERGETIME="1300019031"][/MERGETIME]
    Looks like it's group manager failing not MultiVerse.

19. Offline

TheDarkness73

can you add banning player from certain worlds?

20. Offline

Rigby90

Well for what you want yes it can only really happen due to griefing, I'll look into it but I can't guarantee I'll swap. I'd rather go for safety and a more secure teleport, instead of it being centered.
    [MERGETIME="1300019262"][/MERGETIME]
    Essentially that's just Blacklisting them from the world. How would 'banning' be different?

21. Offline

TheDarkness73

But how do you do that?

22. Offline

Exone

I've already removed MultiVerse completly, so can't post anything really.
    I'll try the newest version later and post here :)

23. Offline

melenkurio

I found a solution for my problem.. When i use /mvtp nether I wont be able to detroy anthing there or build anthing but if i simply use /world nether (the essentials command) it works..

But another problem i have: When i try to create a portal with /mvpc portal1 nether it always says "You have not set your coordinates yet".. Please help

24. Offline

Rigby90

I can't see how using Essentials to teleport to another world solves it... because there is only one 'teleport' function... Chances are MV is teleporting you to the spawn and Essentials isnt... and the spawn has well... spawn protection.

Your other issue, you need to use the Wooden Pickaxe to select coordinates to create a wortal with.

25. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

By the way, speaking of the wooden pickaxe, that can result in some annoying "Position 1 set" messages when mining. Perhaps you should choose a default that's not a tool? The server I visit has it set to bone.

26. Offline

Rigby90

Was considering this... was actually thinking Golden Axe, purely because the gold tools are hardly used. Not sure though that's why I left it customizeable :).

27. Offline

raz235

im now running two worlds but only one of them is without monsters because his name is world and world is monster free.how can i make the other world monster free too? need to edit the server.properties for both worlds,
    im not sure how to that..

28. Offline

armitage

First of all, love the plugin. Makes my server 100x better. Thanks for doing this!

Ran into a situation when I install iConomy where even though I had:

#Choose whether or not Players have to pay to use the portals.
    iconomy: false

It still denied portals to those who had 0 funds. Once adding funds to an account, it let them use portals and charged them 0 for it.

29. Offline

MacVaultDweller

This may have been asked earlier but there is a lot of pages to go through.
    Is it possible to make this default to ops.txt for gate creation and all players use if no permissions plugin is found?
    Permissions plugins are a big pain in the *** and break everything every time they are updated or abandoned. Just another weak link in a rusty chain. Until a permissions system is written in stone I try to stay away from any mod that requires someone else's plugin to run. I often encourage makers of mods that do use permissions to make it so that their mod will default to op-list for implementation. Mod creators that put in a default to op list soon find out that they aren't harassed by admin.'s and their players when changes take place because limited functionality remains and is in the hands of trusted administrators.

Thanks for listening
    Keep up the great work

30. Offline

Maddin

I have three folders, in each folder i have one server, i made with other friends. And i want to teleport between the three worlds ingame. With opened one CMD. Is it the right plugin and how do i set it, i don't understand it.
    Thanks!

31. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

This plugin is for teleporting between multiple worlds on the same server. It doesn't handle teleporting between servers as far as I know.