[EDIT/MISC/TP/FUN] Multiverse 2.3- World Management [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Multiverse, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Multiverse

This plugin is still VERY alive.
    If you guys haven't heard yet, we're now going to be doing the help on DBO (dev.bukkit.org) Our pages are here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-portals/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-netherportals/

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Feature Requests go in the appropriate Github Issues section. See below.
    Post Bug Reports In the thread
    or join IRC at #multiverse on EsperNet

Multiverse 2 - World Creation/Management/Teleportation & More​
    Current Version: 2.2-AB

Description
    Multiverse 2 is a ground up rewrite of the popular Multiverse plugin for CraftBukkit. There are many new features, the biggest one being the much better usability and cleaner code! MV2 has been in the works for over 2 months and given the size of it, the developers are confident that you'll find a small bug or two. Please come into our IRC channel and discuss politely with us and we'll get it resolved quick-fastly!

Looking for the old version that runs on CraftBukkit 1000? We don't have it anymore :( Here's an archive of the old help post. If you're a new user, we REALLY recommend using Multiverse 2..

The Multiverse Team:
    Developers:
    @Rigby90 - The Multiverse God. 'nuff said
    @fernferret - Coding Person. Don't ask him about P2/P3 or Error 199.
    @lithium3141 - Utility coder or crazy math dude. You decide.
    @main-- - Is this his forum account? Localization person and MV-Adventure dev!

Documenters:
    @Elizacat
    @AkiTensai
    @Xanipher

Testers (official I know a bunch of you have helped, thanks!):
    @jonDatz
    @jfulleton

Want to Try before you buy(er, download for free)?
    Check out the official Multiverse 2 test server: beta.zomgameservers.com

Some of the MV2 Features:
    • Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
    • Create portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations
    • PermissionsBukkit support (Anything that implements the superperms api (PermBukkit, PEX, bPerms...)
    • iConomy, BOSEconomy, RealEcon, Essentials Econ and Item economy support!
    • Show which users are in what worlds
    • Create portals to let users go between worlds
    • Control who can enter worlds/portals with permissions!
    • World scaling with NetherPortals
    • Allow minecarts/boats through portals
    • Launch users through the air when they enter a portal!
    • Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
    • And the list goes on...
    Requirements

This plugin requires CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1+

The Dev versions Require CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1

Need help? Check out our AWESOME Wikis!
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Downloads:
    Core Downloads
    (Stable Builds | Dev Builds)

Portals Downloads

NetherPortals Downloads

SignPortals Downloads

Why multiple Downloads?
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Plugins-of-Multiverse-2

Want to use bleeding edge?
    Grab live builds from ci.onarandombox.com

FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions)

How do I make portals:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Portals/wiki/Basic-portal-tutorial

How do I separate world inventories?:
    Use the plugin named MultiInv

People can't log into my 1060 Bukkit Server!:
    Are you using spout? If so, you need to upgrade it to a dev version or disable it until those guys release a 1060 compatible version.

How do I know if I'm running CB XXXX or higher?:
    Type /version. The number here is your CB version:
    This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-980-g4ed23b1-b1060jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    Please check that this version is the same as one of those in the title of the post.

More Up-To-Date FAQ:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/FAQ

Commands, Syntax & Permissions:
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Known Issues:
    Core Issues
    Portals Issues
    NetherPortals Issues
    SignPortals Issues

Changelog:

Changelogs present on each file on DBO.

Version 2.0
    • Release the Multiverse 2 Suite
    1.X changelog (For posterity)

Show Spoiler

Version 1.7.2
    • Now allow you to mvmodify worlds with _s
    Version 1.7.1

• Added ability to do seeded world creation via: /mvcreate WORLD ENV SEED
    • Now allow you to import/create worlds with _s
    • Automatically import your DEFAULTWORLD_nether world
    • Add the /mvenvironments command to help you determine what valid environments are!
    • Other nifty bugfixes
    Version 1.7

• Skylands is now supported as an Environment/Biome Type
    • The plugin should now support any custom Environment/Biomes which are added to CraftBukkit in the future without an update from Multiverse.
    • Fixed the 'Kick on Teleport' issue.
    Version 1.6.4

• Fixed 0 Price Portals
    • Fixed a bug with new Portals
    • Updated for iConomy 5 (You will need to update to iCo 5)
    • Improved the PVP Setup
      • Now you no longer have to set the server.properties PVP variable to true... this is now completely done via the worlds config and properly stops PVP rather than preventing the damage from being applied.
    Version 1.6.3

• Update for Minecraft 1.5 and CraftBukkit build 733
    Version 1.6.2

• Contains updates/features which were introduced in 1.5
    Version 1.6 - Thanks to 'fernferret'

• Updated for CB Builds 600+
    Version 1.5 - Permissions 2.1+ - (V1.5 - 02/03/2011)[/U]

• Fixed whitelist/blacklisting once and for all :), thanks to @ledhead900
    • Add permission node 'multiverse.portal.exempt' -- Basically means they don't have to pay the cost of the portal... this is useful for Donors and such.
    • Updated to use iConomy 4.1 -- Would be great if I can get feedback on this... as usual I can only test solo.
    Version 1.4 - Permissions 2.0 & 2.1 - (V1.4 - 26/02/2011 - 01:11 AM GMT)

• Should be easier on high pop servers now
      • Only checks if a player is within a Portal everytime he changes BLOCK Coordinate instead of every single pixel footstep he/she takes.
    • Now Supports Permissions 2.1 -- Both 2.1 and 2.0 support have seperate JARs, so get the right one.
      • Also commands are properly disabled when a Permissions plugin is not found and it will alert the player trying to use the Command.
    Version 1.3 - Permissions 2.0 - (V1.3 - 24/02/2011 - 02:31 AM GMT)

• Removed the 'Stupidly Long Constructor'
    • Fixed an error which was loading portals that were on a non existent world which caused errors later on.
    Version 1.2.2 - (V1.2.2 - 23/02/2011 - 03:05 AM GMT)

• Nothing much just updated so it works with Minecraft Beta 1.3, I suggest you don't use a lower Multiverse build than v1.2.2 otherwise it won't work and errors will occur.
    Version 1.2.1 - (V1.2.1 - 20/02/2011 - 23:35 PM GMT)

• Changed over to the new Entity Damage...

[​IMG]

TGF, maino, aTxT and 58 others like this.
  2. Offline

Ch0b0

Is there a way to have vanilla obsidian nether portals teleport players to a specific nether world?

For example, players in world get sent to world_nether and players in test get sent to test_nether?

3. is it possible to give a group only the permission for some of the portals?
    So that they can not use all of them?

greetings
    Chriss

4. Offline

hiro24

Actually, nailed down what the problem was.. though it's not something we can fix.

http://leaky.bukkit.org/issues/1052

issue is bukkit related actually, but I'm told they have a fix that's been submitted upstream, so sometime very shortly, should be patched up.

5. Offline

Tgwizman

Side note reply: Maybe using the word perfectly wasn't the best. I do understand that mc/cb can't run top notch, but by perfectly, I meant more of a low standard doesn't kill my server is running perfectly. I wish I had a better understanding of developing for cb, because I would love to write plugins, but I've never learned how. People always do their tutorials, but skim through the "before you start coding"/setup, if even tell any part of the setup at all. If anyone has a great tutorial for me on how to set it up, i'd love to join the plugin dev team.

About the problems:
    1. At the time I posted the error, I was using:
      1. CommandBook - [maybe the problem]
      2. iChat - [probably not]
      3. LWC - [probably not]
      4. MultiInv - [maybe the problem]
      5. MultiVerse - [maybe the problem]
      6. NoCheat - [maybe the problem]
      7. Permissions - [probably not]
      8. PermissionsPlus - [probably not]
      9. WorldEdit - [probably not]
      10. WorldGuard - [probably not]
    2. I use all the worlds on an hourly basis. They all work, and the portals work fine. I set them all up using the wooden pickaxe.
    3. I will try that, then edit this part with a [worked] or [didn't] in the front of this line if that solves the problem.
    4. They were walking around, going through portals, maybe even teleporting between worlds. I can't keep track of everyone on the server :( but I do know there is always a maxed-out 25 people on the server at one time, so maybe it just lagged itself into an error. (?)

6. Offline

Delriousd

Its not a huge issue but its rather annoying.

Whenever I or any other player goes through a gate to a destination they appear outside of the gate area by one block.
    I get no errors and everything functions perfectly aside from this issue.

If it matters... whenever I select the first position via left click it says position 2 is set along with position 1.

_____ <- Gate
    |____|
    |____|
    |____| X <- where the player spawns.

7. Yep, which side of the gate should we spawn them at? We don't know. so we just do the corner. If you want a specific place, you can use "/mvpd here" when setting a destination of a portal, and it will set the destination to exactly where you're standing.

8. Offline

Delriousd

thanks, I musta glossed over that when I was reading! lol

9. Nah, that here thing is pretty hidden :p It's the one thing I feel should be better documented, but I hate using these posts as code docs. For MV2 we're going with a GitHub Wiki.

10. Offline

Tgwizman

@fernferret I found a nice tutorial on the older version that Samkio made. It really helped, and I'm already exploring the cool possibilities for events and actions that you can control from Craftbukkit. I really hope I can get a real idea for a nice, needed plugin.

Link to the video (series): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqyDKnWKwL0&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=SP89720ACEE80339BA

I hope this helps other developers in the making.

Delete this post if you feel it is spam or just not the right area for this kind of post. I don't want to impose :3

11. Offline

Teknoe

MV is 1.7.2 and CB is 953...

I used MV to create skylands, is that incorrect?

Edit: If it matters, this same thing also happened to our StyxSpace world, it hit a point and became normal world (without a sun).

12. Yea MV1.7.2 does not support custom generators, ie StyxSpace, but MV2 does that. You should not have any issues with Skylands, try creating another one? You should just have to do:

/mvcreate sky SKYLANDS

and that should be it.

13. Offline

Delriousd

Lol well that will be nice, my admins get so confused with all the complicated plugins we have installed...
    The more plugins that have good documentation we have installed make my job easier!

14. Offline

SunKyBeaST

Guys how can i make groups for my 2n world because at the momment if i go in groupmanager i only have permissions for my first world. This is my groupmanager config:
    settings:
    data:
    save:
    minutes: 60
    logging:
    level: INFO
    permission:
    world:
    mirror:
    world1:
    - world4
    Economy:
    - world5
    survival:
    - world6

Also do not post "You have posted it in the wrong section" because i cant post this in the permission thread that say "You dont have sufficient permission to post here" so...

15. Offline

Techykid3

Sorry to break it to you, but there is a bug.

I get the following while running a LOAD of plugins.. I have about 30 plugins, but I believe its Nocheat causing the problem:

Server log:
    Code:
    2011-07-09 14:58:32 [SEVERE] NC: Moving violation: Bunny from world (-35.3, 70.0, -164.6) to (-30.5, 70.0, -176.5) distance (4.8, 0.0, 11.9)
    2011-07-09 14:58:32 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to MultiVerse
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(MVPlayerListener.java:199)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:286)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:163)
    	at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    	at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-07-09 14:58:32 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to MultiVerse
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(MVPlayerListener.java:199)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:286)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:163)
    	at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    	at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-07-09 14:58:37 [SEVERE] NC: Moving summary of last ~5 seconds: Bunny total Violations: (0,0,1)

16. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Though really, teleporting them right into the portal would make more sense. To avoid an infinite loop, you might have to maintain a list of users who are immune to teleporting and remove them once they step out, or something like that, but it would definitely make a lot more sense than putting them at the corner.

17. MV2 Update:
    Ok so today's been fun. Due to code licensing issues that I just found about this morning. 2 files in MV had to be deleted. The code was licensed under a CC NoDeriv license. I have been working with @lithium3141 to create a new BSD licensed portion of this code, but as one would suspect, it's taking a bit of time. I'm thinking what you're thinking. This sucks. This is delaying MV2, etc.

For future refreence: Urge your plugin devs to choose licenses that don't remind me of Microsoft. Seriously.

Also as of TODAY, MV2 is now licensed under the BSD license! Yay! (It was prviously under the CC NoDeriv) What this means to you:

You can freely modify MV2!

I'm going to do some research, and get a clause put in that will state that any plugin talking to MV2 MUST not use a NoDeriv type license, so that anyone who interfaces with MV directly (loads the plugin and makes a call) MUST allow their code to be freely modified.

Bukkit is awesome, and free, and licensed under a non crappy NoDeriv type license, and although plugins can be whatever they want, I feel that people should be able to freely modify and contribute back to projects!

EDIT: The code still does not build, I'll let you guys know when it's safe to grab a new copy. All copies of MV2 prior to Build 62 are not legal to use (they technically never were, I just found out this morning), but this will be fixed soon. Once you see a build with a blue light, you're good.

EDIT2:
    Ok, build 69 should be good to go.

18. Offline

PeterGarfield6

Does this work with other Permissions like Group Manager?

19. is it possible to give a group only the permission for some of the portals?
    So that they can not use all of them?

greetings
    Chriss

20. Offline

fffizzz

yes, but its broken in 1.7.2, hes stated it will be fixed in 2.0

21. Offline

Mrchasez

Is there anyway to link a different server? With like the Ip?
    I Own 2 servers, different Ip's, different servers. Is there anyway Multiverse could allow Ingame travel between them?

22. Not with Multiverse. That's a whole different ballgame.

23. Offline

alfw

Hello,
    When i installed this plugin and created a new world, i started to get errors on console:
    [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded.

This msg spam my console when i installed this plugin, and created a new world.
    When i remove the plugin the server work fine agan.

Anyway to fix this ?

24. This is actually normal when you're creating worlds, as it's a massively CPU intensive process. This is the Minecraft server throwing these errors. Nothing to worry about.

25. Offline

F481

hey guys, I've a problem: When i select the portal area with left- and rightcklicking on the portal (with the wooden axe) and then I want to create a portal with "/mvpc portalname w:world" i got an error like "You have not set your coordinates yet". But I did it already.. what's wrong ?

26. Offline

Flenix

Check out the plugin "BlockCantKeepUpSpam" - blocks that message ;)

27. Offline

BHolmes505

Okay so I love this plugin, its great. However, for my server i wanted some worlds to have no mob spawning, while other worlds have mob spawning enabled. Is there a way to do this? Thank you!

28. Offline

F481

take a look in your plugins/multiverse directory. You can find there a file which is called Worlds.yml. Open it and you can see your worlds in there, now you can set the option "mobs: true" or "mobs: false" for your different worlds.. that's it.

29. Offline

ChadTheDJ

It seems we are having an issue with portals. When we select a portal with /mvps, it prompts us that is selected. The issue is when we make the destination portal with /mvpd with the portal selected, we don't get any errors or feedback. Nothing happens. Anybody with the same issue or fix? We are running on latest rec build 953 and latest version. Person who is running this command has - muliverse.*

30. Try removing the world, and re-importing it, the world where the portal is trying to be constructed.

MV2 Update:
    For those of you using the MV2 Dev builds, thank you for all of your feedback. Tonight is the night.

Multiverse-Core (aka, Multiverse 2) is now officially in Public BETA!

Backup your server before getting doing anything described below

We are using a ReleaseBuild system, like the Bukkit team does, I would recommend you only download Release Builds.
    Download - http://ci.onarandombox.com/job/Multiverse-Core/Release Build/
    Wiki (Help pages) - https://github.com/Herocraft/Multiverse-Core/wiki
    Issues (Bugs) - https://github.com/Herocraft/Multiverse-Core/issues?sort=created&direction=desc&state=open

(Feel free to help with the wiki btw)

What does this mean for you?
    It means we think MV2 is pretty stable, but there are still going to be a few hiccups, including a few missing things. You can keep up with the latest issues on our Github issue tracker:

Should I use the MV2 Beta on My server?
    Are you willing to use software that may destroy life the universe and everything? If not, Don't install this. The primary hiccup right now is the config migration. It's usually best to start fresh, and configure them from ingame, keeping your old one as a reference point.

Read that last paragraph as: We take no responsibility for you loosing/breaking/destroying your current server setup by upgrading.

If you use the MV1 style portals: NO. - These are not done and do not work.If you don't, and only use MV as your world management, and you're willing to do a few bits of config migration (it's really not that bad) then go for it! (if you have a very complex setup with world blacklists and whitelists you may want to wait, or start over, since they don't work in 1.7.2 anyways :p) Make sure to read the issue tracker first! If there is a showstopper bug/feature missing in MV2 that you want, just wait. We know about it and I'll be closing bugs as their fixed, so check back soon! :D

Why should I use MV2 over MV?
    Mainly: Features. Check out the Complete Command Reference to see what MV2 can do for you!
    Here are a few:
    - mvwho: shows who's in what world
    - mvdelete: actually delete world folders from ingame
    - much better help. Install MV2 and type '/mv'
    - Advanced respawn schemes
    - OPS.txt support as well as permissions
    - And much more...

The other reason is to help us find bugs! These bugs should NOT be showstoppers, but they may be. We thank you in advance!

I'm not using MV1 Style Portals, how do I upgrade?
    READ ALL STEPS BEFORE STARTING
    We're working on an upgrade script for final release, but it's not done yet. It's actually not started yet :p. But it's easy:
    Step 0 - Shut down your server. (OH NO!!!)
    Step 1 - Copy the Multiverse-Core.jar to your plugins folder.
    Step 2 - Delete MultiVerse.jar. Do not delete your MultiVerse folder yet!
    Step 3 - Move 'worlds.yml' from the 'MultiVerse' folder to the 'Multiverse-Core' folder
    Step 4 - Start your server back up. MV will generate a NEW config.yml. You should not have copied your old config.yml. If you did, delete Multiverse-Core/config.yml and restart your server!
    Step 6 - If you have big whitelists/blacklists for worlds, uh you shouldn't. Use groups (g:Admins)
    Step 7 - Rename all properties in worlds.yml to lowercase (this is the only really painful step right now). I'll get an example config posted on GitHub so you can verify.
    Step 8 - If you have any values in the white/blacklists they need to be converted to lists, it's easiest to do this ingame by using '/mvmodify add g:Admins LISTNAME' where listname is playerwhitelist/playerblacklist etc.
    Step 9 - Read through config.yml. Configure it how you want. Go into your server and type '/mvreload' This will refresh your configs (config.yml and worlds.yml)
    Step 10 - You should be good to go!

I found a bug in MV2!
    Is it in the issue tracker? If so, just hang around, we're already working on it.
    If it's NOT, you can either hop in IRC and yell at @fernferret or @Rigby90 about it, or add it to the issue tracker yourself. Please do not assign it to a milestone or a person. We'll take care of that :p

I found a bug in MV1.7.2!
    Yea there are a few. To my knowledge they've all been fixed in MV2, so either try that out or wait for the offical release, we will not be fixing any non-showstopping bugs in MV1 due to the immanent release of MV2.

Will you help me setup MV2 NOW?
    Yep, sure will, but I will ask that you hop in IRC to ask questions about it until the official release, when you will be able to post them here in the forums. It's really almost identical to MV though... Read the Command Reference for initial help.

I want to suggest a feature!
    Cool, here's what you must consider now. Is this something related to WORLD MANAGEMENT or something else (like portals)? MV2 is designed to be broken up into a Core plugin and a bunch of smaller plugins that will do cool things well. If you think you've got a Core feature, hit us up in IRC. If it's a plugin idea, we're so busy with Core and the initial release plugins we won't have time to start it, but you could :p An example plugin for MV-Core called Multiverse-NetherPortals can be found here. We will not be accepting pull requests just yet due to the possible volatile nature of MV-Core, unless you ask us. We just don't want to spend a lot of time integrating, that's all :) Reasonable pull requests will be accepted after the initial release.

Wow. that was a long post... I think I remembered everything.
    Sorry.
    Well there ya have it, MV2 Beta.

--FF

Also, for those of you who wanted something added to CraftBukkitUpToDate: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...ugins-up-to-date-935.5026/page-31#post-462582

I have submitted the MV2 release build link. You will always want to be running the latest MV release build, especially with 2 being in beta and all!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  31. Offline

fffizzz

hell ya!!! go @fernferret !!!!

Any time frame on portals? or did i miss something in the release info..
    i have about 10 portals in Portals.txt