[EDIT/MISC/TP/FUN] Multiverse 2.3- World Management [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Multiverse, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Multiverse

This plugin is still VERY alive.
    If you guys haven't heard yet, we're now going to be doing the help on DBO (dev.bukkit.org) Our pages are here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-portals/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-netherportals/

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Feature Requests go in the appropriate Github Issues section. See below.
    Post Bug Reports In the thread
    or join IRC at #multiverse on EsperNet

Multiverse 2 - World Creation/Management/Teleportation & More​
    Current Version: 2.2-AB

Description
    Multiverse 2 is a ground up rewrite of the popular Multiverse plugin for CraftBukkit. There are many new features, the biggest one being the much better usability and cleaner code! MV2 has been in the works for over 2 months and given the size of it, the developers are confident that you'll find a small bug or two. Please come into our IRC channel and discuss politely with us and we'll get it resolved quick-fastly!

Looking for the old version that runs on CraftBukkit 1000? We don't have it anymore :( Here's an archive of the old help post. If you're a new user, we REALLY recommend using Multiverse 2..

The Multiverse Team:
    Developers:
    @Rigby90 - The Multiverse God. 'nuff said
    @fernferret - Coding Person. Don't ask him about P2/P3 or Error 199.
    @lithium3141 - Utility coder or crazy math dude. You decide.
    @main-- - Is this his forum account? Localization person and MV-Adventure dev!

Documenters:
    @Elizacat
    @AkiTensai
    @Xanipher

Testers (official I know a bunch of you have helped, thanks!):
    @jonDatz
    @jfulleton

Want to Try before you buy(er, download for free)?
    Check out the official Multiverse 2 test server: beta.zomgameservers.com

Some of the MV2 Features:
    • Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
    • Create portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations
    • PermissionsBukkit support (Anything that implements the superperms api (PermBukkit, PEX, bPerms...)
    • iConomy, BOSEconomy, RealEcon, Essentials Econ and Item economy support!
    • Show which users are in what worlds
    • Create portals to let users go between worlds
    • Control who can enter worlds/portals with permissions!
    • World scaling with NetherPortals
    • Allow minecarts/boats through portals
    • Launch users through the air when they enter a portal!
    • Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
    • And the list goes on...
    Requirements

This plugin requires CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1+

The Dev versions Require CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1

Need help? Check out our AWESOME Wikis!
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Downloads:
    Core Downloads
    (Stable Builds | Dev Builds)

Portals Downloads

NetherPortals Downloads

SignPortals Downloads

Why multiple Downloads?
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Plugins-of-Multiverse-2

Want to use bleeding edge?
    Grab live builds from ci.onarandombox.com

FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions)

How do I make portals:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Portals/wiki/Basic-portal-tutorial

How do I separate world inventories?:
    Use the plugin named MultiInv

People can't log into my 1060 Bukkit Server!:
    Are you using spout? If so, you need to upgrade it to a dev version or disable it until those guys release a 1060 compatible version.

How do I know if I'm running CB XXXX or higher?:
    Type /version. The number here is your CB version:
    This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-980-g4ed23b1-b1060jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    Please check that this version is the same as one of those in the title of the post.

More Up-To-Date FAQ:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/FAQ

Commands, Syntax & Permissions:
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Known Issues:
    Core Issues
    Portals Issues
    NetherPortals Issues
    SignPortals Issues

Changelog:

Changelogs present on each file on DBO.

Version 2.0
    • Release the Multiverse 2 Suite
    1.X changelog (For posterity)

Show Spoiler

Version 1.7.2
    • Now allow you to mvmodify worlds with _s
    Version 1.7.1

• Added ability to do seeded world creation via: /mvcreate WORLD ENV SEED
    • Now allow you to import/create worlds with _s
    • Automatically import your DEFAULTWORLD_nether world
    • Add the /mvenvironments command to help you determine what valid environments are!
    • Other nifty bugfixes
    Version 1.7

• Skylands is now supported as an Environment/Biome Type
    • The plugin should now support any custom Environment/Biomes which are added to CraftBukkit in the future without an update from Multiverse.
    • Fixed the 'Kick on Teleport' issue.
    Version 1.6.4

• Fixed 0 Price Portals
    • Fixed a bug with new Portals
    • Updated for iConomy 5 (You will need to update to iCo 5)
    • Improved the PVP Setup
      • Now you no longer have to set the server.properties PVP variable to true... this is now completely done via the worlds config and properly stops PVP rather than preventing the damage from being applied.
    Version 1.6.3

• Update for Minecraft 1.5 and CraftBukkit build 733
    Version 1.6.2

• Contains updates/features which were introduced in 1.5
    Version 1.6 - Thanks to 'fernferret'

• Updated for CB Builds 600+
    Version 1.5 - Permissions 2.1+ - (V1.5 - 02/03/2011)[/U]

• Fixed whitelist/blacklisting once and for all :), thanks to @ledhead900
    • Add permission node 'multiverse.portal.exempt' -- Basically means they don't have to pay the cost of the portal... this is useful for Donors and such.
    • Updated to use iConomy 4.1 -- Would be great if I can get feedback on this... as usual I can only test solo.
    Version 1.4 - Permissions 2.0 & 2.1 - (V1.4 - 26/02/2011 - 01:11 AM GMT)

• Should be easier on high pop servers now
      • Only checks if a player is within a Portal everytime he changes BLOCK Coordinate instead of every single pixel footstep he/she takes.
    • Now Supports Permissions 2.1 -- Both 2.1 and 2.0 support have seperate JARs, so get the right one.
      • Also commands are properly disabled when a Permissions plugin is not found and it will alert the player trying to use the Command.
    Version 1.3 - Permissions 2.0 - (V1.3 - 24/02/2011 - 02:31 AM GMT)

• Removed the 'Stupidly Long Constructor'
    • Fixed an error which was loading portals that were on a non existent world which caused errors later on.
    Version 1.2.2 - (V1.2.2 - 23/02/2011 - 03:05 AM GMT)

• Nothing much just updated so it works with Minecraft Beta 1.3, I suggest you don't use a lower Multiverse build than v1.2.2 otherwise it won't work and errors will occur.
    Version 1.2.1 - (V1.2.1 - 20/02/2011 - 23:35 PM GMT)

• Changed over to the new Entity Damage...

[​IMG]

TGF, maino, aTxT and 58 others like this.
  2. Offline

Rigby90

I can look into using the sign method as a fall back, I suppose for permanent and admin portals... commands are better. But maybe not to standard members. I guess each to their own.

It wasn't a case of "Don't use it", it was more of please wait a few more hours maybe a day till I get a nice HowTo up and running.

I didn't expect it to be an easy transition, I suppose I could of made it easier by leaving the sign method in as a fallback rather than removing it completely. As I said just a few lines up I'll try reintroduce it it shouldn't take much as I've already done it once.
    --- merged: Feb 14, 2011 4:57 AM ---
    Nope I completely agree with you there actually, I'll rethink over some of the tasks... and drop some thinks which already exist.

At the end of the day I don't want it so bulky that people are disabling parts of it...

3. Offline

ledhead900

sorry not trying to cause any issues its just based on observations. Its probably a better move in some ways I agree it good thing I like the fact it supports non nether portal use. Maybe could expand on this more in future.

Sure I can wait, the fallback is what I was getting at as well, It comes down to two things really

A. Abilty to pre test
    B. User knowladge of the sistuation

I understand its admins jobs to notify this tho, Im willing to use it even tho I sound like im not interested It just a bit of a shock thats all.

4. Offline

Rigby90

I wouldn't say it's causing any issues, it's more of catering to the people that will be using the plugin and who the plugin was designed for.

5. Offline

Solaris765

oh for my last post. you can disregard it. as far as i can tell it was my fault. i reloaded my mods in the middle of the world generating to it got interrupted. it works great now. will try v1.0 tomorrow

6. Offline

RustyDagger

aw no group limits Had me excited for a second :/ back to waiting Yay...

7. Offline

Rigby90

heh sorry it was just getting too late, got Uni in 3 hours and still havent gone to sleep.

I just wanted to release something so people could try it out and I could get feedback :).

Group limits can hopefully make it into tomorrows update :).

8. Offline

Spathizilla

I tried this plugin for the first time today and after a small screwup by me (not having the portals/world config in the right place) I managed to get portal selection and creation working. However, after linking two portals together first using /mvps portal1 and then /mvpd p: portal2 (the space isnt there ingame, just the forums likes emoticons)

If I then try to step through the portal, nothing happens except lots of log spam:

Show Spoiler
    Feb 13, 2011 11:38:16 PM org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager callEvent
    SEVERE: Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to MultiVerse
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(MVPlayerListener.java:119)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:154)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:60)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:214)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:115)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:232)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:104)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:317)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:232)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512

I have the latest version of everything as this server was literally created within the last few hours. Essentials and Permissions are installed but I have * permissions on my group.

CraftBukkit 325

Any ideas?

9. Offline

Eggplant!

Nice update! Get some sleep, then I have a question:

Can you give us an idea of how the plugin determines where a player appears when the destination is set to "portal?" Does it just search for the closest safe spot near the portal area's center?

10. Offline

Phantom Index

Be nice if we could toggle options with having the name of the world that we are in on and off. Think you can add that?
    --- merged: Feb 14, 2011 5:59 AM ---
    I also noticed that this plugin conflicts with EssentialsHome Plugin.

11. Offline

Rigby90

Do you mean an ingame slash command? If so then yeh thats a WIP, it didnt make it into the final build last night. Hopefully tonight.

I need to do some testing... seems like another part of Essentials doesn't want to cooperate.

12. Offline

cloudafloat

On CB 325 when I try to use a portal linked to another world:

A message is printed: "Teleporting via portal." and I end up in either the world if I try a portal in the nether or the nether if I try a portal in the world. Is something taking precedence over multiverse?

13. Offline

Rigby90

Atm its using some old "find me a safe spot" code, however this first checks within the Y axis... soo you appear on top of the portal...

Unless you mean wheres the portals location stored, then the plugin stores it's highest and lowest 'Vectors' as well as the World name it is within in the portals file, then when a user enters a portal we just telepot them to the lowest Vector of the target portal, however because of the reused safe telepotation code you currently appear ontop of a portal instead of next to it.

Will change the teleport sometime today hopefully.
    --- merged: Feb 14, 2011 7:28 AM ---
    Are you running Essentials? Sounds like its the nether and portal feature within the core of that....

Going to make another request to Zenexer to move the nether feature out of the core of the plugin.

14. Offline

cloudafloat

Yeah I got essentials didn't even know it had that nether feature in it thanks for letting me know.

15. Offline

fifth

I am having a problem getting this plugin to work.

Basically, I take the "wand" (wooden axe) and set coordinate one, then a few squares away I set coordinate two, then I type "/mvpc test" and it tells me "You have not set your coordinates yet".

Is there something I'm doing wrong or some part of this process I'm missing?

NOTE: World creation / world teleporting are both working correctly.

16. Offline

Rigby90

If you havent changed your config file then the default wand is the "Wood PICKAXE", it had to be different from other plugins otherwise you'd set multiple coordinates all the time across multiple plugins :).

Code:
    #The Item a player has to use to set the coordinates to create a portal
    #Default is 270 - Wood Pickaxe
    setwand: 270

17. Offline

cloudafloat

Hey and also I'm having problems with /mvtp permission. I have multiverse.world.tp in my users permissions but they are unable to use /mvtp. My permissions look like this http://pastebin.com/9KVbbPNW

18. Offline

Rigby90

try 'multiverse.world.mvtp'

I may have typed it up wrong in the initial post, if you can get back to me whether this works ill update the initial post.

19. Offline

Dreadreaver

just asking but like when can we expect scaling? only reason I want nether/multiworld is fasttravel tbh

20. Offline

Rigby90

I'm hoping to implement a form of this tonight.

All worlds will scale from the main world, rather than each other, otherwise that'll get messy :).

21. Offline

Dreadreaver

sure, my players and I only want a nether to fast travel so I dont really care about other worlds ;)

would be great if you get this working to create a neat SSP experience

22. Offline

cloudafloat

Nope that doesn't work either. When I try it I get http://screensnapr.com/v/VnPUfj.png

23. Offline

Kane

@Rigby90 just checking have you added the following features in yet or planning to?

1) whitelist for certain gates
    2) gates only be created by admins
    3) gates only break by admins.

I still want to do a public main server then my private one people can enter through the gate someday.

Thanks,
    Kane

edit: /facepalm I scrolled down to your task list. Keep up the good work!

24. Offline

Rigby90

Coming tonight, and I think I may of cracked the mobs/animals in individual worlds...

However number 2 in your list is already implemented in a sense... just limit 'multiverse.portal.create' to admins only.
    --- merged: Feb 14, 2011 10:35 AM ---
    Apologies, just found some time during lesson to check the source code....

You need - "multiverse.tp".

25. Offline

KiithSomtaaw

an option to set a default world that all portals will link to whn first built *e.g. you could set it to be a nether world* unless the portal is specificly configured otherwise would be cool :D

26. Offline

Rigby90

Yeh sorry thats not in the ToDo, I intend to do this tonight as well... a portal that hasnt been configured at all as well as one without a destination set... will then take you to the relevant place within the default world set in the config.

27. Offline

ledhead900

Oh but we are using the plugin :D thats why I was :( that a temp revivement of Signs was not in effect at the time of the update.

We have some portals setup already using the 5.4 versions that are now redundant.

28. Offline

Kane

Will ask Dinnerbone about the mob spawning he was suppose to do that in fact I thought he did hmm.

29. Offline

Rigby90

Found a way of passing the mob/animal settings across to the individual worlds.... from testing it appears to work... 30 mins of running around at night and not one single mob...

30. Offline

Kane

Wow that is good and this is not some kill timer right no blinking mobs showing up for 1 sec? I don't want something bad happening hehe. I know @Dinnerbone was going to add support for this in the config but hell if you did it before him via plugin then his loss haha.

Now I was wondering do you know much about multi thread and core support? Do you think this will run on multi threads and I assume it does I think multi chunks do but would this also spread the load on other cores?

31. Offline

cloudafloat

Thanks that worked.