[EDIT/MISC/TP/FUN] Multiverse 2.3- World Management [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Multiverse, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Multiverse

This plugin is still VERY alive.
    If you guys haven't heard yet, we're now going to be doing the help on DBO (dev.bukkit.org) Our pages are here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-portals/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-netherportals/

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Feature Requests go in the appropriate Github Issues section. See below.
    Post Bug Reports In the thread
    or join IRC at #multiverse on EsperNet

Multiverse 2 - World Creation/Management/Teleportation & More​
    Current Version: 2.2-AB

Description
    Multiverse 2 is a ground up rewrite of the popular Multiverse plugin for CraftBukkit. There are many new features, the biggest one being the much better usability and cleaner code! MV2 has been in the works for over 2 months and given the size of it, the developers are confident that you'll find a small bug or two. Please come into our IRC channel and discuss politely with us and we'll get it resolved quick-fastly!

Looking for the old version that runs on CraftBukkit 1000? We don't have it anymore :( Here's an archive of the old help post. If you're a new user, we REALLY recommend using Multiverse 2..

The Multiverse Team:
    Developers:
    @Rigby90 - The Multiverse God. 'nuff said
    @fernferret - Coding Person. Don't ask him about P2/P3 or Error 199.
    @lithium3141 - Utility coder or crazy math dude. You decide.
    @main-- - Is this his forum account? Localization person and MV-Adventure dev!

Documenters:
    @Elizacat
    @AkiTensai
    @Xanipher

Testers (official I know a bunch of you have helped, thanks!):
    @jonDatz
    @jfulleton

Want to Try before you buy(er, download for free)?
    Check out the official Multiverse 2 test server: beta.zomgameservers.com

Some of the MV2 Features:
    • Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
    • Create portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations
    • PermissionsBukkit support (Anything that implements the superperms api (PermBukkit, PEX, bPerms...)
    • iConomy, BOSEconomy, RealEcon, Essentials Econ and Item economy support!
    • Show which users are in what worlds
    • Create portals to let users go between worlds
    • Control who can enter worlds/portals with permissions!
    • World scaling with NetherPortals
    • Allow minecarts/boats through portals
    • Launch users through the air when they enter a portal!
    • Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
    • And the list goes on...
    Requirements

This plugin requires CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1+

The Dev versions Require CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1

Need help? Check out our AWESOME Wikis!
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Downloads:
    Core Downloads
    (Stable Builds | Dev Builds)

Portals Downloads

NetherPortals Downloads

SignPortals Downloads

Why multiple Downloads?
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Plugins-of-Multiverse-2

Want to use bleeding edge?
    Grab live builds from ci.onarandombox.com

FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions)

How do I make portals:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Portals/wiki/Basic-portal-tutorial

How do I separate world inventories?:
    Use the plugin named MultiInv

People can't log into my 1060 Bukkit Server!:
    Are you using spout? If so, you need to upgrade it to a dev version or disable it until those guys release a 1060 compatible version.

How do I know if I'm running CB XXXX or higher?:
    Type /version. The number here is your CB version:
    This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-980-g4ed23b1-b1060jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    Please check that this version is the same as one of those in the title of the post.

More Up-To-Date FAQ:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/FAQ

Commands, Syntax & Permissions:
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Known Issues:
    Core Issues
    Portals Issues
    NetherPortals Issues
    SignPortals Issues

Changelog:

Changelogs present on each file on DBO.

Version 2.0
    • Release the Multiverse 2 Suite
    1.X changelog (For posterity)

Show Spoiler

Version 1.7.2
    • Now allow you to mvmodify worlds with _s
    Version 1.7.1

• Added ability to do seeded world creation via: /mvcreate WORLD ENV SEED
    • Now allow you to import/create worlds with _s
    • Automatically import your DEFAULTWORLD_nether world
    • Add the /mvenvironments command to help you determine what valid environments are!
    • Other nifty bugfixes
    Version 1.7

• Skylands is now supported as an Environment/Biome Type
    • The plugin should now support any custom Environment/Biomes which are added to CraftBukkit in the future without an update from Multiverse.
    • Fixed the 'Kick on Teleport' issue.
    Version 1.6.4

• Fixed 0 Price Portals
    • Fixed a bug with new Portals
    • Updated for iConomy 5 (You will need to update to iCo 5)
    • Improved the PVP Setup
      • Now you no longer have to set the server.properties PVP variable to true... this is now completely done via the worlds config and properly stops PVP rather than preventing the damage from being applied.
    Version 1.6.3

• Update for Minecraft 1.5 and CraftBukkit build 733
    Version 1.6.2

• Contains updates/features which were introduced in 1.5
    Version 1.6 - Thanks to 'fernferret'

• Updated for CB Builds 600+
    Version 1.5 - Permissions 2.1+ - (V1.5 - 02/03/2011)[/U]

• Fixed whitelist/blacklisting once and for all :), thanks to @ledhead900
    • Add permission node 'multiverse.portal.exempt' -- Basically means they don't have to pay the cost of the portal... this is useful for Donors and such.
    • Updated to use iConomy 4.1 -- Would be great if I can get feedback on this... as usual I can only test solo.
    Version 1.4 - Permissions 2.0 & 2.1 - (V1.4 - 26/02/2011 - 01:11 AM GMT)

• Should be easier on high pop servers now
      • Only checks if a player is within a Portal everytime he changes BLOCK Coordinate instead of every single pixel footstep he/she takes.
    • Now Supports Permissions 2.1 -- Both 2.1 and 2.0 support have seperate JARs, so get the right one.
      • Also commands are properly disabled when a Permissions plugin is not found and it will alert the player trying to use the Command.
    Version 1.3 - Permissions 2.0 - (V1.3 - 24/02/2011 - 02:31 AM GMT)

• Removed the 'Stupidly Long Constructor'
    • Fixed an error which was loading portals that were on a non existent world which caused errors later on.
    Version 1.2.2 - (V1.2.2 - 23/02/2011 - 03:05 AM GMT)

• Nothing much just updated so it works with Minecraft Beta 1.3, I suggest you don't use a lower Multiverse build than v1.2.2 otherwise it won't work and errors will occur.
    Version 1.2.1 - (V1.2.1 - 20/02/2011 - 23:35 PM GMT)

• Changed over to the new Entity Damage...

[​IMG]

TGF, maino, aTxT and 58 others like this.
  2. Your MV and server.props configs look right. Try disabling all other plugins and seeing if they still don't spawn (excluding permissions) I have a feeling it could be worldguard, but I dunno.

3. Offline

Zivhayr

Will upgrading to 863 fix this problem too?

4. Uh maybe? It can't hurt anything.

5. Offline

Tickety86

Im getting a massive error spam wih multiworld its messing up my server. Can anyone help me?

Code:
    17:03:44 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Permissions Found
    17:03:44 [INFO] [MultiVerse] - Version 1.7.2 Enabled
    17:03:44 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Found iConomy, enabling payments.
    17:03:44 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Loading World & Settings - 'Jequito' - NORMAL
    17:03:44 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Loading World & Settings - 'Arcania' - NORMAL
    17:03:44 [SEVERE] java.io.IOException: Not in GZIP format
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readHeader(Unknown Sour
    ce)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.CompressedStreamTools.a(SourceFi
    le:8)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.PlayerNBTManager.c(SourceFile:95
    )
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.World.<init>(World.java:101)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.<init>(WorldServer.j
    ava:29)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.createWorld(CraftS
    erver.java:384)
    erver.java:358)
    erver.java:354)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MultiVerse.loadWorl
    ds(MultiVerse.java:380)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MultiVerse.onEnable
    (MultiVerse.java:115)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlug
    in.java:125)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(
    JavaPluginLoader.java:799)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(Si
    mplePluginManager.java:253)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftSe
    rver.java:140)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftS
    erver.java:118)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServe
    r.java:232)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServe
    r.java:219)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftSe
    rver.java:146)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:283)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:422)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE] java.io.IOException: Not in GZIP format
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readHeader(Unknown Sour
    ce)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.CompressedStreamTools.a(SourceFi
    le:8)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.PlayerNBTManager.c(SourceFile:10
    7)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.World.<init>(World.java:101)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.<init>(WorldServer.j
    ava:29)
    erver.java:384)
    erver.java:358)
    erver.java:354)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MultiVerse.loadWorl
    ds(MultiVerse.java:380)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MultiVerse.onEnable
    (MultiVerse.java:115)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlug
    in.java:125)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(
    JavaPluginLoader.java:799)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(Si
    mplePluginManager.java:253)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftSe
    rver.java:140)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftS
    erver.java:118)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServe
    r.java:232)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServe
    r.java:219)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftSe
    rver.java:146)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:283)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:422)
    17:03:44 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling MultiVerse v1.7.2 (Is it up to d
    ate?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.c(WorldServer.java:120)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:1951)
            at net.minecraft.server.Chunk.addEntities(Chunk.java:470)
            at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.getChunkAt(ChunkProviderServ
    er.java:79)
            at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.getOrCreateChunk(ChunkProvid
    erServer.java:118)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.getChunkAt(World.java:253)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.getTypeId(World.java:200)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.isEmpty(World.java:204)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:171)
            at net.minecraft.server.WorldProvider.a(SourceFile:51)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.canSpawn(World.java:87)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.c(World.java:159)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.<init>(World.java:123)
            at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.<init>(WorldServer.java:29)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.createWorld(CraftServer.java:384)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.createWorld(CraftServer.java:358)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.createWorld(CraftServer.java:354)
            at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MultiVerse.loadWorlds(MultiVerse.ja
    va:380)
            at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MultiVerse.onEnable(MultiVerse.java
    :115)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:125)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:799)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:253)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:140)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:118)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:232)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:219)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:146)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

6. Offline

Nananea

I tried searching for over 2 hours and maybe I'm just fail but I can't figure this out.

The name of my world is "The Final Panda" (don't ask) and my Nether is "The Final Panda_nether"

I know that I can't use spaces in the name, so I tried setting the aliases to "Home" and "Nether" respectively but I still can't access them with /mvtp

I also tried deleting the spacing from my worlds manually and in the server.properties but it created a ton of errors with other plugins.

Can someone please just lay it out for me what I'm doing wrong so I can get on with my life?

Thanks so much!

7. Offline

Tickety86

Try Making your world name TheFinalPanda and change all the portals and worlds files to fit that and try but if anyone could help MY problem its about 1 or 2 posts above

8. Offline

Nananea

Thanks for the help but I put in the post that I tried that.

Thank you though, hope you get help.

9. Wow, never seen this one before. Looks like the error is originating with one of your world files though (Note that Multiverse is failing onEnable) Try moving world files out until it works. Also see if a standard vanilla server will fire up with those worlds, or in single player.

10. Offline

kurotsubasa

I have a request:

It would be good if it were implemented in an update for MultiVerse but I dont care if it is a separate plugin. (whatever works soonest I guess)

I want a way of temporarily and automatically disabling certain worlds at certain times.

eg.
    most of the week, worlds 1 + 2 are enabled
    at a specified time on a specified day (like: 6am tuesday) worlds 1 + 2 are disabled and world 3 is enabled
    at a specified time on a specified day (like: 6pm wednesday) world 3 is disabled and worlds 1 + 2 are enabled

As far as I can tell, there are no plugins available that do anything like that and it is a little beyond my extremely limited Java ability.

Many thanks for whoever can do this.

furiosa01 likes this.
  11. So... I have some bad news and some good news.

The Informative News:
    Awesome progress is being made on Multiverse 2

The Bad News:
    Multiverse 1.X does not support spaces in world names :(

The Good News:
    Multiverse 2.X DOES support spaces in world names :)

The Obvious Bad News:
    Multiverse 2.X is not out yet :(

This could easily be done as a 2.X Plugin (Multiverse 2 will be renamed: Multiverse-Core 2.0, and will contain plugins, much how MinecartMania is structured from a very high level)

When we get 2.X out, please remind me, I may be willing to do this once I have some time...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
    AS1LV3RN1NJA likes this.
  12. Offline

kurotsubasa

Thanks, good to know.

furiosa01 likes this.
  13. Also just a PSA:

MultiVerse is being re capitalized to: Multiverse for 2.0. Feel free to continue referring to it as MV though :)

14. Offline

Nananea

Thanks fernferret, I appreciate the answer. I'll wait patiently :)

15. Offline

fffizzz

[MultiVerse] Loading World & Settings - 'Arcania' - NORMAL 17:03:44 [SEVERE] java.io.IOException: Not in GZIP format

Looks like Arcania is corrupt, run Chunkster on it while its offline. You can find it in the tools section in the forums here.

16. Ok, I need help!

Is it possible to run a Skyland as primary map via MV? I had not hit to set it up - its always generated as normal map.

Somehow in my Skylands only chickens spawn and Ive read that its everywhere like that? Strange thing is that I had a squid and a single sheep once. Any way to bring all mobs to a skyland?

thx for help, gents!

17. Offline

philboy11

Mind making a version where if no permissions are detected then only OP's can use it? Cause I am (mostly) sure that some people dont like using permissions. I have a private server so I never really found a use for permissions.

18. Offline

Maxis010

Technically anything that can be done via commands can be done quicker by editing the configs, just not easier
    Still ops as a option but NOT a fallback would be much appreciated
    I don't want fallback as if I have a permissions error I have a few ops that shouldn't access to all commands (Admins are Op but Tech Support controls MV)

fernferret likes this.
  19. Offline

omerdn1

Hi, its me again.. about this problem:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mobs-wont-spawn.21957/

I found that MultiVerse is causing the problem.. how can i fix this?

that's my worlds.yml if you want:

20. Offline

Gabriel333

AS1LV3RN1NJA likes this.
  21. Offline

dagrinch

My files are really screwed up. I have a B world (Build), a N world (Nether) and a S world (Survival). But, in my server folder there are also two other sets of worlds: a "world", "world_nether", "", and "_nether".

"world" and "world_nether" don't show up in MultiVerse and regenerate a new map every time I restart the server, and the other two recreate themselves if I try to delete them from worlds.yml. Anyone have any ideas?

22. Offline

fffizzz

turn nether option off in server.properties.

23. Offline

Maxis010

As fffizzz said turn off the nether in server.properties AND while you are at it change your world within server.properties to B, S or n depending on which one you want your default world to be

24. This has been done in 2.x. However, I did not think of having the option to NOT fallback. Didn't think of that, i'll add it in the config, but it will be DISABLED by default. for obvious reasions

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS post is all about Multiverse 2. It is not yet released, so please don't ask why the features discussed here are not working on Multiverse 1. This message is just so you guys don't think Rigby and I are complete slackers :) Seriousl. MV2. It's coming. Be ready.

Maxis010 likes this.
  25. Offline

Maxis010

Thank the maker...of Multiverse for this XD
    Saves me having to install a whole slew of plugins to compensate for the OP revoke when we upgrade

P.S You can take this as a compliment as I have a very specific set-up and I'm willing to completely trash it for Multiverse 2

26. Offline

amunro

This plugin works amazingly, however ever since I installed it I get unbearable lag spikes every 1 or 2 minutes...anyone know how I can fix it? I only have 2gb of RAM with 0 swapspace so I dont think my server can handle it.

27. Offline

Maxis010

I run with 512Mb of ram and 0 swapspace no problem, but then I no doubt run a less active server

28. Offline

PlannedBoredom

i thought so thanks.

29. Don't load so many worlds then :p Seriously though, loading worlds takes memory, so there's not much we can do with the plugin.

30. Offline

dagrinch

Thank you both. That was very helpful, but I still have a couple problems.

1) I still have the "world" and "world_nether" worlds. These don't show up in MultiVerse, so do you just live with them in your server folder?

2) I have this folderless world that shows up with the various world files ("players" folder, "region" folder, "level.dat", etc.) scattered around my server folder. I guess that disabling nether just removed the "_nether" world.

Edit: Ok, I got rid of "world" and "world_nether". I still have that weird folderless world mentioned above.

31. Offline

fffizzz

by chance create a a world without a name or something?
    check the region folder, if its blank or like 1 meg, nuke it.