[EDIT/MISC/TP/FUN] Multiverse 2.3- World Management [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Multiverse, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Multiverse

This plugin is still VERY alive.
    If you guys haven't heard yet, we're now going to be doing the help on DBO (dev.bukkit.org) Our pages are here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-portals/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-netherportals/

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Feature Requests go in the appropriate Github Issues section. See below.
    Post Bug Reports In the thread
    or join IRC at #multiverse on EsperNet

Multiverse 2 - World Creation/Management/Teleportation & More​
    Current Version: 2.2-AB

Description
    Multiverse 2 is a ground up rewrite of the popular Multiverse plugin for CraftBukkit. There are many new features, the biggest one being the much better usability and cleaner code! MV2 has been in the works for over 2 months and given the size of it, the developers are confident that you'll find a small bug or two. Please come into our IRC channel and discuss politely with us and we'll get it resolved quick-fastly!

Looking for the old version that runs on CraftBukkit 1000? We don't have it anymore :( Here's an archive of the old help post. If you're a new user, we REALLY recommend using Multiverse 2..

The Multiverse Team:
    Developers:
    @Rigby90 - The Multiverse God. 'nuff said
    @fernferret - Coding Person. Don't ask him about P2/P3 or Error 199.
    @lithium3141 - Utility coder or crazy math dude. You decide.
    @main-- - Is this his forum account? Localization person and MV-Adventure dev!

Documenters:
    @Elizacat
    @AkiTensai
    @Xanipher

Testers (official I know a bunch of you have helped, thanks!):
    @jonDatz
    @jfulleton

Want to Try before you buy(er, download for free)?
    Check out the official Multiverse 2 test server: beta.zomgameservers.com

Some of the MV2 Features:
    • Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
    • Create portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations
    • PermissionsBukkit support (Anything that implements the superperms api (PermBukkit, PEX, bPerms...)
    • iConomy, BOSEconomy, RealEcon, Essentials Econ and Item economy support!
    • Show which users are in what worlds
    • Create portals to let users go between worlds
    • Control who can enter worlds/portals with permissions!
    • World scaling with NetherPortals
    • Allow minecarts/boats through portals
    • Launch users through the air when they enter a portal!
    • Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
    • And the list goes on...
    Requirements

This plugin requires CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1+

The Dev versions Require CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1

Need help? Check out our AWESOME Wikis!
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Downloads:
    Core Downloads
    (Stable Builds | Dev Builds)

Portals Downloads

NetherPortals Downloads

SignPortals Downloads

Why multiple Downloads?
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Plugins-of-Multiverse-2

Want to use bleeding edge?
    Grab live builds from ci.onarandombox.com

FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions)

How do I make portals:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Portals/wiki/Basic-portal-tutorial

How do I separate world inventories?:
    Use the plugin named MultiInv

People can't log into my 1060 Bukkit Server!:
    Are you using spout? If so, you need to upgrade it to a dev version or disable it until those guys release a 1060 compatible version.

How do I know if I'm running CB XXXX or higher?:
    Type /version. The number here is your CB version:
    This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-980-g4ed23b1-b1060jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    Please check that this version is the same as one of those in the title of the post.

More Up-To-Date FAQ:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/FAQ

Commands, Syntax & Permissions:
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Known Issues:
    Core Issues
    Portals Issues
    NetherPortals Issues
    SignPortals Issues

Changelog:

Changelogs present on each file on DBO.

Version 2.0
    • Release the Multiverse 2 Suite
    1.X changelog (For posterity)

Show Spoiler

Version 1.7.2
    • Now allow you to mvmodify worlds with _s
    Version 1.7.1

• Added ability to do seeded world creation via: /mvcreate WORLD ENV SEED
    • Now allow you to import/create worlds with _s
    • Automatically import your DEFAULTWORLD_nether world
    • Add the /mvenvironments command to help you determine what valid environments are!
    • Other nifty bugfixes
    Version 1.7

• Skylands is now supported as an Environment/Biome Type
    • The plugin should now support any custom Environment/Biomes which are added to CraftBukkit in the future without an update from Multiverse.
    • Fixed the 'Kick on Teleport' issue.
    Version 1.6.4

• Fixed 0 Price Portals
    • Fixed a bug with new Portals
    • Updated for iConomy 5 (You will need to update to iCo 5)
    • Improved the PVP Setup
      • Now you no longer have to set the server.properties PVP variable to true... this is now completely done via the worlds config and properly stops PVP rather than preventing the damage from being applied.
    Version 1.6.3

• Update for Minecraft 1.5 and CraftBukkit build 733
    Version 1.6.2

• Contains updates/features which were introduced in 1.5
    Version 1.6 - Thanks to 'fernferret'

• Updated for CB Builds 600+
    Version 1.5 - Permissions 2.1+ - (V1.5 - 02/03/2011)[/U]

• Fixed whitelist/blacklisting once and for all :), thanks to @ledhead900
    • Add permission node 'multiverse.portal.exempt' -- Basically means they don't have to pay the cost of the portal... this is useful for Donors and such.
    • Updated to use iConomy 4.1 -- Would be great if I can get feedback on this... as usual I can only test solo.
    Version 1.4 - Permissions 2.0 & 2.1 - (V1.4 - 26/02/2011 - 01:11 AM GMT)

• Should be easier on high pop servers now
      • Only checks if a player is within a Portal everytime he changes BLOCK Coordinate instead of every single pixel footstep he/she takes.
    • Now Supports Permissions 2.1 -- Both 2.1 and 2.0 support have seperate JARs, so get the right one.
      • Also commands are properly disabled when a Permissions plugin is not found and it will alert the player trying to use the Command.
    Version 1.3 - Permissions 2.0 - (V1.3 - 24/02/2011 - 02:31 AM GMT)

• Removed the 'Stupidly Long Constructor'
    • Fixed an error which was loading portals that were on a non existent world which caused errors later on.
    Version 1.2.2 - (V1.2.2 - 23/02/2011 - 03:05 AM GMT)

• Nothing much just updated so it works with Minecraft Beta 1.3, I suggest you don't use a lower Multiverse build than v1.2.2 otherwise it won't work and errors will occur.
    Version 1.2.1 - (V1.2.1 - 20/02/2011 - 23:35 PM GMT)

• Changed over to the new Entity Damage...

[​IMG]

TGF, maino, aTxT and 58 others like this.
  2. Offline

Mike Primm

Has anyone on the MultiVerse team given building a "sky world" a try? The 1.6 builds have the new Environment value - just curious if its actually working (and hoping you guys do a spin to add that to the mvcreate command)

3. Offline

jasvecht

Go to your worlds permission config (/plugins/Permissions/worlds/YourWorld.yml I believe)
    add yourself to members with the line:
    - '*'

Means infinite permissions, does the job.

4. Offline

Nick22

Hi. Does anyone know of any pluggins that allow players to build on some multiverse world's but not others?

5. Offline

Jeyge

If you are running Permissions or GroupManager, you can set the build flag in each world.

6. Offline

Oscarius

Has anyone got this working with Permissions 3.0?

7. Offline

Aki Tensai

I was in need of a printable quick sheet for this mod. That attached is what I came up with.

In the "Commands, Syntax & Permissions" section, the permissions for /mvlist is '- multiverse.list', and in the quick reference below '- multiverse.world.list' is listed. Which is correct?
    While making a quick print reference, I couldn't find the permissions for /mvmodify and /mvprename

Below is a list of requested changes for convenience of the user.

1) If destlocation is null/blank at a destination portal, please use the center of the destination portal for the landing on that portal (suffocation safty still observed of course). I'm using extra portals to control where players land at the destination between two portals, using 4 total portals per two way connection.

2) Ability to filter what portals are shown via the /mvplist command. eg
    /mvplist (optional arg) (open)
    /mvplist
    Survival1Exit
    Survival1Landing
    GateToSurvival1
    Survival2Exit
    Survival2Landing
    GateToSurvival2
    GateSurvivalLanding
    GateLanding

/mvplist land
    Survival1Landing
    Survival2Landing
    GateSurvivalLanding
    GateLanding
    /mvlist could also benifit from this filter.

3) It would be convenient if the portal and world list was alphabetical.

4) Portals of same letters different cases shouldn't exist (eg GateToSurvival2 prevents gatetosurvival2 from being created). Using the /mvplist above, typing:
    /mvpc NewPortal1 p:GatetoSurvival2
    currently fails, and even worse, NewPortal1 is now created without a destination even though the user got an error message about the destlocation portal wasn't found. Either the destination portal should be able to assume the user is talking about the expected portal (different case matches to file's case), or this error should prevent the portal from being written to file.

5) Both of these commands should run correctly. In each pair, the first works currently, and the second fails.
    /mvpr NewPortal1
    /mvpr p:NewPortal1
    #The command is only for portals, but it is a pain to remember when the p: is needed. It would be nice to not have this worry when providing too much input.

/mvpc NewPortal2 p:GateToSurvival2Landing
    /mvpc NewPortal2 GateToSurvival2Landing
    #The input expects w: or p: to be explicit. I feel if the name is unique to worlds and portals, the mod should figure out which it is and fix the input for the user. If the mod can accept unprefixed input, and there is both a portal and a world by the same name, one of either should take priority.

6) Error messages should include the failed naming. If a destination portal isn't found, the name of the missing gate should be displayed. eg:
    "Portal creation failed. Could not find portal/world p:GatetoSurvival2."

This mod has opened up worlds of possibilities for my server, no pun intended. Thank you for it.

Attached Files:

8. Offline

Aki Tensai

Your needing Server/Plugins/MultiVerse/Worlds.yml
    editWhitelist: 'AkiTensai' #means that I'm the only person able to build on the given world.
    editBlacklist: 'AkiTensai' #means that I'm the only person who can't build on the given world.
    playerBlacklist: 'AkiTensai' #means I'm the only person not able to enter the given world.
    playerWhitelist: 'AkiTensai' #means that I'm the only person allowed into the given world.

9. Offline

L0rdCucumber

Do portals other than traditional nether portals currently work? I'm trying to make a portal at the bottom of an irregularly shaped chasm, and it doesn't work. I can create the portal just fine, however, you can't go through it. What process has to be used to create non-traditional portals?

10. Offline

davejavu

It wont let me make another world, it just times out the server
    CB803

11. Offline

xenofixus

permissions does this: ie

Code:
    groups:
        Default:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix: ''
                suffix: ''
                build: false
            inheritance:
            permissions:
    If build = false then they can't build. Head over to the permissions thread and read if you don't understand how to set up groups and/or multiworld.

12. This is a bug that seems to be unrelated with MultiVerse. While the player connection times out, the creation of the world continues.

It can take a while depending on the system the server is running on (sometimes up to 5 minutes) so be patient. If you have access to the server console, you can monitor the progress of the world being created.

13. Offline

efstajas

Since I saw lots of people having success with Build 815 I decided to try 815, but none of them used MultiVerse. So my question is: Will MultiVerse work with 815 or will it do something terrible to my worlds? Just to be shure.
    Also, should I delete my existing nether or can I leave it and will it work with the new vanilla- Nether- function?

Edit.: Okay, I've forgotten one question. ;) The client's single- player worlds in the "saves"- Folder seems to look exactely like the ones in SMP, so can I simply transfer them to a world in SMP?

14. Offline

Maxis010

Your existing nether will not interfere with the built in nether as the file location is different
    you might be able to get away 815 but it's a non-RB so have a back up ready
    I believe the import function can add worlds to the server from single player, that or create a world and overwrite it with your SP world, at your own risk

efstajas likes this.
  15. Offline

davejavu

I found out why, server was running out of memory.

16. Offline

ThePilotGuy

I keep getting "I have not set my coordinates" when I try to make a portal. I'm using CB 816

17. Offline

enchanter100

MV does not work correctly in 1.6.*.. I have issues while creating portals, worlds, using the portals, etc.

NOT a big deal though, since bukkit doesn't have a RB yet.

18. Offline

Clem

Weill we be able to change the colour of the prefix? iChat isn't changing it.... :/

19. Offline

ScottSpittle

yeah im getting alot of issues too, when people tele between worlds they sometimes get kicked for failure to send movement?

20. Offline

dragos240

Bukkit 115 doesn't play nicely with the latest multiverse. Sometimes when entering a portal, you will be kicked due to:
    "You moved too quickly :( (Hacking?)"

This can be fixed by commenting out that section in the source code.

Also teleportation does some odd things sometimes, for example: Sometimes upon exiting a portal you will lose your items until logout. When you log back in you will get your items back. I'm not sure if the fault is bukkit's or multiverse's

21. Offline

Snowy007

just a small question. Is there an "allow-flight" property per world?
    I have a creative and a survival map. I don't want to prevent people from flying on the creative world, but i would like to prevent it on the survival world.
    I can't find any options in the worlds.yml file.
    If it isn't in the plugin yet, consider it a request.
    EDIT:
    also i can't seem to get the whitelisting to work:
    Code:
    worlds:
        world:
            animals: true
            pvp: true
            alias: ''
            blockBlacklist: ''
            worldBlacklist: ''
            spawn: -67:64:-68:0.0:0.0
            mobs: true
            price: 0.0
            environment: NORMAL
            editWhitelist: ''
            playerBlacklist: ''
            playerWhitelist: ''
            editBlacklist: ''
        skylands:
            animals: true
            pvp: true
            alias: ''
            blockBlacklist: ''
            worldBlacklist: ''
            spawn: -390:76:844:5.4485955:15.035353
            mobs: true
            price: 0.0
            environment: NORMAL
            editWhitelist: ''
            playerBlacklist: ''
            playerWhitelist: 'Snowy007'
            editBlacklist: ''
    Everyone is able to enter the 'skylands' world. even though i only put my own name in the whitelist.

22. Offline

Mr.Squeak

easy fix for a lot of the errors i've run into is just to manually add your world names to the worlds.yml it seems that multiverse is auto-detecting the folders but not adding the information. So when you try to remove them it says they don't exist but when you try to add them it says they already exist. Just manually adding them fixed it.

23. Offline

Aki Tensai

My solution can be used to allow some people to build, while others can't. If you want no one to be able to build, xenofixus has the better solution.

24. Offline

Nick22

Hi. Is there any way to put everybody on the server into the editwhitelistt without typing in everyones name?

if build is set to false then they can't build in any world. is there a way to let them build in only one of my 5 worlds?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  25. Offline

Aki Tensai

[original post deleted] It appears using the way I was suggesting is inefficient on the code. Find the permissions file for the world you want no one to build on, which will be similar to: Server/plugins/Permissions/NoBuild.yml
    Edit the permissions for the group you don't want to build to not have the ability to build. It appears finding resources on how to modify permissions for 2.7 is hard to find. I'm unable to point you toward a relevant tutorial.
    [/edit]

26. Offline

Maxis010

@NoBuilders
    That is a very poor method, a better option is to use permissions
    Set build: false on the groups where you don't want people building and build: true on the groups that can build in that world
    Build settings are world specific

27. Offline

Draconicus

It'd be lovely if somebody tried compiling this against Craftbukkit 815, just to see if it sorts out the world teleporting problems.

28. Do i have do to do something special to make MultiVerse worlds respect permission nodes for the individual worlds? Currently its using the main world permissions, groups and nodes and refuses to stop even when i add permission files for each world.

29. Offline

Maxis010

Are you running Bukkit for MC 1.6 or Permissions 3
    If you answered yes to either of these questions then know the following
    MC 1.6 Builds are NOT recommended and may cause problems that can not be fixed on the plugin level
    Permissions 3 is incomplete and has quite a few bugs to iron out
    And above all else
    Neither are supported by MultiVerse at this time

If you are on MC 1.5, Build 803 and permissions 2 then know this
    MultiVerse CAN NOT read permission files for other worlds, it can only read the files for the world you are in so at best guess I'd say either your permission files are set to copy across worlds or you configured them badly

30. Offline

fffizzz

I wonder if bukkit will change its multiworld code now that its actually in SMP.

31. Offline

Nick22

am i supposed to have many .yml files in server/plugins/permissions folder. should i have one for every multiverse world, or only one for the world that is in the server.properties file?